1. SPS Accounts:
    Do you find yourself coming back time after time? Do you appreciate the ongoing hard work to keep this community focused and successful in its mission? Please consider supporting us by upgrading to an SPS Account. Besides the warm and fuzzy feeling that comes from supporting a good cause, you'll also get a significant number of ever-expanding perks and benefits on the site and the forums. Click here to find out more.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
You are currently viewing Boards o' Magick as a guest, but you can register an account here. Registration is fast, easy and free. Once registered you will have access to search the forums, create and respond to threads, PM other members, upload screenshots and access many other features unavailable to guests.

BoM cultivates a friendly and welcoming atmosphere. We have been aiming for quality over quantity with our forums from their inception, and believe that this distinction is truly tangible and valued by our members. We'd love to have you join us today!

(If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. If you've forgotten your username or password, click here.)

BTA, BTA, Wherefor Art Thou?

Discussion in 'Whatnots' started by Lord Moeken, May 31, 2001.

1. Sir Belisarius

Sir Belisarius Viconia's Boy Toy Distinguished Member ★ SPS Account Holder

Media:
    [​IMG] Despite the grammatical musings of our posters...The question remains:

BTA where the heck are you!?!?!?

Like that Staind song says: "It's been a while......................."

2. Extremist Gems: 31/31
    Latest gem: Rogue Stone

Sir Bel, I think Boo saw him last night on the boards. Or two days ago, doesn't matter.

But he probably haven't found much stuff to moderate so he didn't reply anything to anyone... :(

[This message has been edited by Extremist (edited July 07, 2001).]

3. Blackthorne TA

Blackthorne TA Master in his Own Mind Staff Member ★ SPS Account Holder Adored Veteran Pillars of Eternity SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!) New Server Contributor [2012] (for helping Sorcerer's Place lease a new, more powerful server!) Torment: Tides of Numenera SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!)

Media:
    I've been having computer problems lately; but that's all over with finally (whew!).

First my DSL provider goes bankrupt, then a month later PacBell says I'm too far from the central office for DSL so they won't hook me back up.

Meanwhile my hard disk begins to fail so I have to replace it; it's bad enough that an image copy to the new drive won't work and I have no high speed connection to upgrade to all the latest stuff.

My ISP says thanks for the last 6.5 years but now that this PacBell thing is resolved we're gonna cut you off unless you want to pay for dialup again. I say no go man, my cable company's gonna hook me up on Saturday; later!

Cable guy comes on Saturday, has problems with the cable modem syncing to the network, we'll be back on Tuesday to fix ya up. Meanwhile I have no internet connection at all at home...

I take a day off on Tuesday to get this all taken care of. Long story short: No go on Tuesday; they'll be back on Thursday. Still no internet connection at home...

Take morning off from work on Thursday; still no go; they're finally convinced it's not on my end. I get home in the evening and it's up and working; so here I am! :)

[This message has been edited by Blackthorne TA (edited July 07, 2001).]

4. Septic Yogurt Gems: 9/31
    Latest gem: Iol

So, whats the DSL/Cable speed difference in your area? Mostly cable is better, but in areas with craploads of cable users, it can slow down to the point DSL is better (or something like that).

5. Kitiara Gems: 14/31
    Latest gem: Chrysoberyl

Well i have cable at home and adsl at work.

Cable is WAY better, twice as fast, never down, they offer a better deal. They offer free installation and first month free.

The adsl has been down at least 10 times in the 9 months i have worked there, plus adsl is not offered in as many areas, the installation fee is outragous as well.

6. Blackthorne TA

Blackthorne TA Master in his Own Mind Staff Member ★ SPS Account Holder Adored Veteran Pillars of Eternity SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!) New Server Contributor [2012] (for helping Sorcerer's Place lease a new, more powerful server!) Torment: Tides of Numenera SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!)

Media:
    DSL was fine for me, my connection was never down in the ~1 year I had it, and at the time they gave me free installation. I was getting about 1.2 Mbps with DSL most of the time.

With the cable connection, so far I've seen speeds of about 1.7 Mbps.

Sorcerer's Place is a project run entirely by fans and for fans. Maintaining Sorcerer's Place and a stable environment for all our hosted sites requires a substantial amount of our time and funds on a regular basis, so please consider supporting us to keep the site up & running smoothly. Thank you!

Sorcerers.net is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to products on amazon.com, amazon.ca and amazon.co.uk. Amazon and the Amazon logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.