1. SPS Accounts:
    Do you find yourself coming back time after time? Do you appreciate the ongoing hard work to keep this community focused and successful in its mission? Please consider supporting us by upgrading to an SPS Account. Besides the warm and fuzzy feeling that comes from supporting a good cause, you'll also get a significant number of ever-expanding perks and benefits on the site and the forums. Click here to find out more.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
You are currently viewing Boards o' Magick as a guest, but you can register an account here. Registration is fast, easy and free. Once registered you will have access to search the forums, create and respond to threads, PM other members, upload screenshots and access many other features unavailable to guests.

BoM cultivates a friendly and welcoming atmosphere. We have been aiming for quality over quantity with our forums from their inception, and believe that this distinction is truly tangible and valued by our members. We'd love to have you join us today!

(If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. If you've forgotten your username or password, click here.)

Break Ups

Discussion in 'Whatnots' started by Barmy Army, Aug 20, 2005.

1. chevalier

chevalier Knight of Everfull Chalice ★ SPS Account Holder Veteran

Media:
    @MoN: Old patch on a new sack and new patch on an old sack being bad, while one should simply use old with old, new with new?

And let's drink for the small chance. ;)

2. Master of Nuhn

Master of Nuhn Wear it like a crown Veteran Pillars of Eternity SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!) Torment: Tides of Numenera SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!)

Media:
    Chev, it's not a parabel from the bible, but one I hear quite often (mostly in christian circles) when things turn ugly.
    Your life is a piece of textile art, lets say a weaver's. You only see the backside of it: A weird mess of ugly knots, some parts even worse than the others. But if you flip it and look at the front, you see a nice and beautiful picture, with some parts being truely marvelous: the ugliest knots you saw at the back.
    The christian part of the whole thing is this: Who is The Weaver (Artist)?

3. chevalier

chevalier Knight of Everfull Chalice ★ SPS Account Holder Veteran

Media:
    But which side is real? Are the knots an ugly illusion you need to dispel and see the beautiful front? Or is the beautiful front a facade through which you need to see in order to notice the sad reality of the ugly knots on the other side? ;) But it's a beautiful one parable. :)

4. Uytuun Gems: 25/31
    Latest gem: Moonbar

Media:
    A week has passed...how are you guys doing on a scale from :cry: ...to... :D ?

5. Master of Nuhn

Master of Nuhn Wear it like a crown Veteran Pillars of Eternity SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!) Torment: Tides of Numenera SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!)

Media:
    Quite well, thank you. I would have thought it to be worse. But I have only spoken with her on the phone and haven't seen her since last week. I'm not so sure I will be as fine after I looked her in the eyes.
    Some girls have shown some interest already. Sicko's. I'm not to eager to get myself attached to some girl, at the moment, but I'm glad at least I don't make a depressed/sad/down impression.
    Got plenty on my mind at the moment. Mom's going to marry again. I'm about to move to a 100 years old house. Got a new job since 2 months. A new study. Plenty of opportunities, it seems, but right now it feels as if everything that was familiar and safe is slipping through my fingers.

Thanks again. :)

6. Uytuun Gems: 25/31
    Latest gem: Moonbar

Media:
    Our house is 100 years old as well (well the outer walls are, anyway ;) ) and it's great. Old houses have spirit. Make your new house a comfy and safe nest where you can retire to when it all seems too much. (no black walls! :p )

GL and take it one day at a time. :)

7. iLLusioN' Gems: 16/31
    Latest gem: Shandon

lol since i dumped her ive found out from her best friends that shes screwed 5 people while we were dating.. and did other **** with 3 more... but i have like 6 of 8 classes with her every day..its hell

8. grillen Gems: 2/31
    Latest gem: Fire Agate

Luckily I have never had such an emotional attachment to my former girlfriend. When she dumped me I did not care, I only went out with her so I could tell my friends that I was "going out with someone" and not feel left out since all by buddies had girlfriends or bfs.

9. Jathszu Khatharua Gems: 9/31
    Latest gem: Iol

@grillen: I wouldn't call that lucky. Yes, it hurts like hell when you break up with someone (I can tell you that from personal experience, and many people here can tell you the same), but love is something beautiful.

Sorcerer's Place is a project run entirely by fans and for fans. Maintaining Sorcerer's Place and a stable environment for all our hosted sites requires a substantial amount of our time and funds on a regular basis, so please consider supporting us to keep the site up & running smoothly. Thank you!

Sorcerers.net is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to products on amazon.com, amazon.ca and amazon.co.uk. Amazon and the Amazon logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.