1. SPS Accounts:
    Do you find yourself coming back time after time? Do you appreciate the ongoing hard work to keep this community focused and successful in its mission? Please consider supporting us by upgrading to an SPS Account. Besides the warm and fuzzy feeling that comes from supporting a good cause, you'll also get a significant number of ever-expanding perks and benefits on the site and the forums. Click here to find out more.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
You are currently viewing Boards o' Magick as a guest, but you can register an account here. Registration is fast, easy and free. Once registered you will have access to search the forums, create and respond to threads, PM other members, upload screenshots and access many other features unavailable to guests.

BoM cultivates a friendly and welcoming atmosphere. We have been aiming for quality over quantity with our forums from their inception, and believe that this distinction is truly tangible and valued by our members. We'd love to have you join us today!

(If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. If you've forgotten your username or password, click here.)

Brawls with Bhaalspawns (ToB) (feat SC, Ex, Kit, Tia, Sniper, WF, Lokken and others)

Discussion in 'Creativity Surge' started by Shadow_Goddess, Jan 31, 2002.

1. Erm... well you have to tell me what character you wanna be... Correct me if I'm wrong, because I had all of these names of who they wanted to be and I uh... kinda lost the clipboard...

Big B = Gromnir
    Black Rose = Balthazar
    (sorry I'm trying to remember)
    Hm... could you please tell me in chat who you are, because I know who was taken: Draconis, Abazigal, and the dragon in Watcher's Keep.

Haven't done any playing yet :help:

2. Arabwel

Arabwel Screaming towards Apotheosis Veteran

Media:
    Because we probably won't meet in chat, I'll just post this here, okay?

I'd like to be the guardian dragon in Abazigail's cave, the one you need the scroll for.

Edit: Typos...

Ara
    (Dragon in the guise of an insane teenager... but aren't we all?)

[This message has been edited by Arabwel (edited March 01, 2002).]

3. Yes, and I bagged Abazigal

4. Sir Lalron Gems: 2/31
    Latest gem: Fire Agate

[​IMG] This is the ToB story? oh i dont have the addon if it is what characters are avalible?

[This message has been edited by Sir Lalron (edited March 01, 2002).]

5. Namuras Gems: 13/31
    Latest gem: Ziose

I, too, posted before the crash, wishing for the role of Yaga Shura. No sissy dragon for me! :grin:

6. joacqin

joacqin Confused Jerk Adored Veteran Pillars of Eternity SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!)

Media:
    Shadow Chick, you rememer that I have called the crazy mage in Abaizigails lair right? Thats me! Pleeeeease ;)

7. Big B Gems: 27/31
    Latest gem: Emerald

[​IMG] Joacqin, I don't know how they do things where you come from, but here in Shadow Goddesses' "Brawls with Bhaalspwans" thread, we work for our crazy mage parts. :grin: :p ;)

[This message has been edited by Big B (edited March 02, 2002).]

8. [I finally beat a battle with these people, so sorry for the delay. I asked my dad to buy 2 spare moniters in case I punched one of them, but I didn't need it anyways]

After killing the statues, we went to the altar where the statue guy was. I placed the book, the candle and the bell on the altar. The statue talked, though I was pretty sure it couldn't before. ANYWAYS, I had secretly read verses and put them in order: Ring bell 2 times, light candle, open book, and ring the bell a final time. This time, there were about 8 statues I had to kill. Of course, we defeated them, and Extremist and Sniper had to die, though not untimely. Tiamat ressurected them with her super cool spells, and there we were, all ready to go to the second level.
    "ACK!" I almost shrieked when I saw that disgustingly ugly thing.
    "Ah... so that fool Helm decided to send you down. Are you a fanatic too, like all the others?" I couldn't see Tiamat giving the finger to the thing, but I'm sure she did when he said "fool helm".
    "Um... yeah I was sent by Helm..."
    "Well... I'll cut you a deal. Since you can't get to the next level without the key, which I have, you have to do me a favor." The demon said.
    *sigh* "Fine. What will I have to do?"
    "Ah good. Someone reasonable for once. The fanatics were never reasonable.
    "Ok. Over a thousand years ago there were 4 arch-mages. They were pretty stupid but that's not the point. They trapped me a thousand years ago. They had four labs themselves. Each of them had a sceptor to key their power within them. In order to free me, you need to gather all four rods and key it to my cage. Got it?"
    "Fine. I'll be back with the rods." Know why I was doing this? Being he looked like he needed some beating by Extremist and Wildfire and Sniper. I mean, they haven't killed anything in 10 minutes!!!
    So I went in one of the four gates. Duh. Extremist almost screamed with delight when he saw golems in the room we entered. After killing the monsters and picking up the booooteefull goodies, we left to go to the room on our right. It was a fan. what a stupid thing. So we turned the fan on and killed the elementals that appeared. Then we retrieved the air rod from one of them elementals. Then we went to the other room. Full of slime. Yech. We sifted through the library and opened the chamber. It was *freezing cold*. I almost froze while fighting off the vipers and ice golem. I picked up another rod and went into the next room. I guess this was like a square, you know, breezy, library, slimy, library, frosty, library, and I bet there was a room and then the library again. Oh well. After I did everything on the floor, I had all four rods. Yay. We went back to the Chromatic Demon to open his cell. Now it was time for Tiamat to get revenge. We opened his cell and he said, "I have been released after a thousand years and I haven't killed anything. I guess I'll start with you."
    So we killed him. Going through the portal...
    Fade to black...

[This message has been edited by Shadow_Goddess (edited March 04, 2002).]

9. Masher Gems: 5/31
    Latest gem: Andar

I like this style! Cool story.
    Also, if it hasn't been taken...
    can I be the Spectator?

10. cirian16 Gems: 4/31
    Latest gem: Sunstone

Can I be God?It just sounds like a cool job....I have a name tag.....

11. [Sorry, I've been so bored lately, I couln't be arsed to post but I have now...]

Coming out of the portal, we seemed to have been teleported to this little room with a compass in the middle. Across the room there was a madman who kept calling himself Yakman. He just screamed and screeched and he ran away through a portal across from us. Ugh. Sounded like a maze....
    I followed the madman to talk to him.
    "Don't be scared! I'm not a monster!" I kept telling him.
    "But Yakman knows a lot! You monster!"
    I sighed. "I'M NOT A MONSTER!!!!!!!"
    "Yakman knows now, Yakman sees a lot of monsters now, but you no monster. Yakman is sorry for abandoning party. All dead now. Yakman tries to sleep but can't. Yakman knows that if he sleeps he will be caught by monsters."
    "But if you don't sleep...oh." I said.
    "Yakman broke portal. Tripped over it he did. Yakman ran with all his life while monsters follow but lost the gems in the rod. Rod in drawer, over there."
    I left him. Wildfire detected a trap on his drawer and disarmed it. Then he unlocked the drawer. He shuffled through it, finding a rod with 3 holes in it, and some other useless stuff, but there was his diary.
    The diary read about how much guilt he had about abandonning his camrades to flee, and how there were monsters every where you went, but gradually there was nothing but maddening scribbles. One page, however, had a weird poem. I kinda got the point of it, and followed.
    I went through the portal I came through, finding out it was the same room. Then I went east, kill, east, kill, south, it was peculier. Since I had killed a Tanarri back then, this demon over here, was a bit more sane. He told us the blood war with his clan and the tanarri and how the tanarri over ruled him. He wouldn't let me pass without his heart. So I gave him the Tanarri's heart. He thanked me, giving me a gem for the rod. I left. South, kill, south, kill, west, kill, north, north, and north once more. The room, or the cave actually had a Cambion. He was a polite fellow and told me his story about his interesting deck of the many. He told me to play, so I did, just because he looked a bit scary. I was safe, for when I picked a card, I had to fight an ooze. But when he picked up a card, he had to fight an iron golem. All was alright and he asked me if he could use my rod for a minute. He seemed alright so I gave him the rod. He disappeared and I was about to scream when the rod appeared in my hand. He had gotten out of the maze. I went through the portal on the other end. What a confusing day.
    Fade to black...

[I have finished level 4 already, but I'll post that later.]

[This message has been edited by Shadow_Goddess (edited March 09, 2002).]

12. Arabwel

Media:
    Way, way cool... Keep posting! More! More! More!

Ara
    (Goddess of Skipping School, annoyed and sniffly)

13. My posts will be vary rare now, since I have to dial to the internet. Anyways, here's some of my ToB story. Fourth level Watcher's Keep.

"Absolutely marvelous!" said some mage in a glass enclosure.
    Mind Flayers and Githakis were fighting in front of him.
    "Enough of this!" the man said as he flicked a switch and a Pit Fiend, which had not been a part of the fight, was summoned and it ran after the fleeing Mind Flayers and Githakis.
    After seeing it away, I walked up to the glass.
    "Who are you? Where did you come from? I couldn't've have summoned you up..." said the mage, who had been laughing at the Pit Fiend.
    “Who I am and how I came here is none of your business.” I said hotly as he turned to frown at me.
    “Bah! Who you are matters not anyway. I am the only one that matters. I am Carston the Magnificent, Lord of the level!” he spoke arrogantly.
    “Then why are you stuck behind a glass case?” I asked. Like really, this idiot must be crazy.
    “Don’t look at me as if I was mad. I’ts an interesting story actually. About 10 years ago I was an adventurer and with my apprentices(they were stupid) I found this machine…the most amazing machine ever!”
    “You mean that strange machine you’re beside. What is it?” Everybody in my party were getting bored. I mean, even I was and I was talking to the idiot Carston.
    “This machine is Lum the Mad Machine. I can summon creatures to fascinate me and they feel my wrath if I get bored.”
    “But um…how did you get behind the glass?”
    “Oh the glass casing. I didn’t mean to get stuck behind it, but the machine can be a fickle mistress. Consequences cannot be undone.” He sighed.
    “OOOOh… so you fiddled with the machine and it blew up in your face. Now you’re trapped. How poetic.”
    “Trapped? Oh no. I’m impervious to harm. I need neither food nor substance. Even time cannot touch me. I am IMMORTAL!” I winced as he shouted. I’ll need to kill him for that.
    “So when you ‘became immortal’, what happed to your apprentices?”
    “HOW DARE YOU TALK ABOUT MY APPRENTICES!” he shouted as he flicked a switch and lightning came shooting out. “Ouch!”
    I gave him the finger but he wasn’t looking.
    Fade to black…

14. Arabwel

Media:
    Bravo!

Ara
    (Having a hard time coping with the fact that she is currently NOT wearing anything black for the first time in years)

15. I shrugged and decided to look around instead of having another insane conversation with him. I looked down and saw a gate. So naturally, my party and me went south, killing some mimics and finding another gate south. I opened that gate and discovered six bowls. Obviously I couldn’t do anything with them so I left to look for stuff northwards. After getting Wildfire to see if he could spot any traps, or at least set them off for me, he came back, uncharred, with some normal weapons.
    “Wildfire, why on earth are you giving us normal weapons?!” asked Kitiara as she fingered the new dagger’s hilt.
    “Yeah Wildfire, I thought you were *smart*,” said Tiamat.
    “Well um… there were a lot so I kind of figured that it might be useful later on,” he said weakly as the girls looked down at him. He looked down, mumbling about the sore neck he had from looking up at them so much.
    “Poor Wildfire!” said Extremist as he bent down about three feet just to pat Wildfire’s head. It was obvious he didn’t have a clue about what was going on.
    Sniper was already bent down, adjusting the weight on his new composite longbow.
    We continued on north, noting the empty cabinets Wildfire had opened. We kept going, opening the front gate up north. WE met trolls and continued northward. Here, we figured, would be the last room. Beyond the tiny slits the gate offered, we could see a florescent blue pool.
    “Wait!” I whispered, “Where’s that Elminster book you picked up earlier, Tiamat?!”
    Tiamat shrugged and started searching through her packs. She muttered something inaudible as she shuffled. Finally, with all of us waiting, she found the book and handed it to me. I flipped the pages quickly, and stopped at the “M” section.
    “Magic golems…” I murmured, then said, “We’ll be fighting magic golems, dears. Get those normal weapons ready.” I bent down to hug Wildfire for the weapons.
    After opening the gate and fighting the golems, I shook my head and looked at their dead bodies.
    “Such cowards, trying to flee from us. Oh well. Oooh… What’s in the pool…?” I pulled out a blue vial full of blue oil. Must be fore something. I kept it in my packs.
    With nothing left in the room, I went south and then northwest. The northwest entrance must’ve been a Mind Flayers’ lair, by the feel from the mind probing in everyone’s mind. Everyone felt the mind probing, but when we all looked at Extremist and Sniper… Well we shouldn’t have looked at Sniper since he did have that Mind Flayer sword which repelled the probing, but Extremist hardly felt any probing. What an airhead.
    We entered, but encountered nothing. After a few more steps, we were attacked by Illithids, their ‘scientific’ name for Mind Flyer, and a bunch of Umber Hulks. Then we ran into more, and Extremist was his usually mean, lean, killing machine.
    After, we stumbled upon the prisoner rooms. WE opened all the cells, seeing if there was anything to free. Just because I had evil thoughts, didn’t mean I was evil myself. Anyway, we encountered a dieing apprentice. He told us as much as he could, but he died too early. He told me the reason all his fellow apprentices died, and his secret revenge for Carston.
    I went on, encountering more Umber Hulks and Ullithids. Stupid Mind Flayers, they have so many names. Finally getting a key and a red vial, I left.
    I walked southeast, and came to the Gythakis’ lair that the apprentice had mentioned. We entered, getting Wildfire to search around. He brought back some flint and steel, and news about a Gythaki captain guarding a purple vial. So went ahead and I cast Time Stop, to do some serious killing while nobody but me would be able to move. I got the purple vial and also a piece of ripped paper. It must’ve been a part of a diary by the looks of it. I read it silently and stashed it away safely, near Lokken.
    Once the Time Stop was over, my party untouched, we ventured on behind the dead captain’s body. We killed a Demi-Lich and the ‘Great’ dragon Saladrex. Then we went back to the main hall, went south to the bowls, and lit them with the oils.
    The earth rumbled and the door in front of us opened and we entered. Two minotaurs were in the middle of the room, threatening us. Their hostile appearance didn’t have the least effect on me, so after they were done their boring threats, we attacked them. We defeated them easily enough and Wildfire disabled a trap on one vault, and unlocked another vault. We found a crystal mallet in one of the vaults, which I knew it’s possibilities, even though no one else knew.
    We went back to the machine, and I tapped the glass six times. Carston was looking funny at us, until on the final tap the glass disintegrated and Carston fell down. He fled at the sight of us and we were left with the infamous machine.
    I fiddled with it, gaining experience and an extra ability score. Once I found that out, I got everyone else to do the same. At the same time, I swear I got a life supply of healing potions from the machine. Obviously after that, I left the level.
    Fade to black…

Sorcerer's Place is a project run entirely by fans and for fans. Maintaining Sorcerer's Place and a stable environment for all our hosted sites requires a substantial amount of our time and funds on a regular basis, so please consider supporting us to keep the site up & running smoothly. Thank you!

Sorcerers.net is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to products on amazon.com, amazon.ca and amazon.co.uk. Amazon and the Amazon logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.