1. SPS Accounts:
    Do you find yourself coming back time after time? Do you appreciate the ongoing hard work to keep this community focused and successful in its mission? Please consider supporting us by upgrading to an SPS Account. Besides the warm and fuzzy feeling that comes from supporting a good cause, you'll also get a significant number of ever-expanding perks and benefits on the site and the forums. Click here to find out more.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
You are currently viewing Boards o' Magick as a guest, but you can register an account here. Registration is fast, easy and free. Once registered you will have access to search the forums, create and respond to threads, PM other members, upload screenshots and access many other features unavailable to guests.

BoM cultivates a friendly and welcoming atmosphere. We have been aiming for quality over quantity with our forums from their inception, and believe that this distinction is truly tangible and valued by our members. We'd love to have you join us today!

(If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. If you've forgotten your username or password, click here.)

Borat

Discussion in 'Sensorium' started by Barmy Army, Oct 26, 2006.

1. dmc

dmc Speak softly and carry a big briefcase Staff Member Distinguished Member ★ SPS Account Holder Resourceful Adored Veteran New Server Contributor [2012] (for helping Sorcerer's Place lease a new, more powerful server!)

Media:
  2. AMaster Gems: 26/31
    Latest gem: Diamond

Media:
    Although it was censored, with a black rectangle hanging over Borat's genitals.

3. CĂșchulainn Gems: 28/31
    Latest gem: Star Sapphire

That scene was disgusting and extremely funny at the same time.

4. Faraaz Gems: 26/31

I watched it last night thanks to a friend and his sourcing a copy of the movie. I dunno how so ask me no questions... :hahaerr:

Yeah...the movie was BLOODY AMAZING!! :D :D

I've seen pretty much every clip of Borat there is before the actual movie came out and I've been a huge fan of this guy since like forever. IMO the entire movie plays out like a collage of Borat skits/clips...

Oh and I think I may have ruptured something from all that laughing... :shake:

5. Apeman Gems: 25/31
    Latest gem: Moonbar

Veteran

I hate movie trailers. I saw half of the movie before I actually saw it.

My expectations were to high, it unfortunately did not deliver for me. There are a couple of brilliant, and I do mean brilliant moments, but the rest is filler, which I already saw.

Having to listen to a bunch of 13 year old kids screaming at the top of their lungs for no apparant reason did not help.

Why go to Tilburg :mad: Go to Antwerp, always go to antwerp :doh:

6. Iku-Turso Gems: 26/31

Media:
  7. Stu Gems: 20/31
    Latest gem: Garnet

Came out here on Friday and I saw it first day. It was good, but the media material that I read in the papers probably had a greater effect on me, so I my expectations were perhaps a tad high. Great movie though, funniest this year by a mile.
    As if it got an R rating in the states. I got MA15+ here but I didn't consider it to be that risque.

8. BlckDeth Gems: 7/31
    Latest gem: Tchazar

Veteran

(*SPOILER*)

Not that risque? Perhaps you're forgetting the scene where Borat and his camera man were rolling around naked, fighting furiously over the fact that the camera man was jerking off to Pamila Anderson, whom Borat had a "slight" crush upon. Yes, the movie was (for the most part), censored, but the tiny black boxes seemed to have a hard time doing their jobs. Borat definitely earned the R rating in my book, and then some (which hardly failed to impede the oncoming hilarity, of course. If anything, the humor was augmented because of it).

9. Triactus

Triactus United we stand, divided we fall Veteran

Media:
    Hahaha, I finally saw it. I laughed so much I coughed out my lung... lol

The hotel scene was hilarious! I was a little sad they re-did the etiquette bit, but it was still funny, espacially when he comes back with his "bag"... :p

10. Stu Gems: 20/31
    Latest gem: Garnet

@BlckDeth - I guess there's a bit of a difference between the Aussie and US rating systems. The movie wouldn't get (and hasn't got) an R rating here, and I certainly wouldn't expect it, at least given the level of cencership.

11. Uytuun Gems: 25/31
    Latest gem: Moonbar

Media:
    Hehehehehe...I like. Great success! :D

The naked wrestling scene was...traumatic on many levels. :shake:

Sorcerer's Place is a project run entirely by fans and for fans. Maintaining Sorcerer's Place and a stable environment for all our hosted sites requires a substantial amount of our time and funds on a regular basis, so please consider supporting us to keep the site up & running smoothly. Thank you!

Sorcerers.net is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to products on amazon.com, amazon.ca and amazon.co.uk. Amazon and the Amazon logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.