1. SPS Accounts:
    Do you find yourself coming back time after time? Do you appreciate the ongoing hard work to keep this community focused and successful in its mission? Please consider supporting us by upgrading to an SPS Account. Besides the warm and fuzzy feeling that comes from supporting a good cause, you'll also get a significant number of ever-expanding perks and benefits on the site and the forums. Click here to find out more.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
You are currently viewing Boards o' Magick as a guest, but you can register an account here. Registration is fast, easy and free. Once registered you will have access to search the forums, create and respond to threads, PM other members, upload screenshots and access many other features unavailable to guests.

BoM cultivates a friendly and welcoming atmosphere. We have been aiming for quality over quantity with our forums from their inception, and believe that this distinction is truly tangible and valued by our members. We'd love to have you join us today!

(If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. If you've forgotten your username or password, click here.)

Book Nine of WoT

Discussion in 'Booktalk' started by Sylvus Moonbow, Jan 15, 2001.

1. Mathetais Gems: 28/31
    Latest gem: Star Sapphire

[​IMG] I heard a rumor that maybe someone here can verify or debunk . . .

They said that all the WOT books are thicker at the top of the binding and thinner at the bottem. When the series is complete (according to this source) the books will fit together to form a circle.

Anyone else heard this?

2. Blackthorne TA

Blackthorne TA Master in his Own Mind Staff Member ★ SPS Account Holder Adored Veteran Pillars of Eternity SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!) New Server Contributor [2012] (for helping Sorcerer's Place lease a new, more powerful server!) Torment: Tides of Numenera SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!)

Media:
    It certainly isn't true for the paperback verions. I can't imagine any publisher going through the trouble of creating nonstandard paper or binding materials in order to effect such a thing.

Oh, and if the size differential isn't immediately apparent to the naked eye, you'd probably need hundreds of volumes to make a circle out of them.

[This message has been edited by Blackthorne TA (edited July 27, 2001).]

3. Alex Gems: 12/31
    Latest gem: Moonstone

Veteran

I was quite angry with fact that he DIDN't resolve the cliffhanger ending in book 8 with Egwene attacking the White Tower angered me, hell it was only mentioned once in all of book 9! *sighs*
    The series officially ended for me around book 3. :p

4. kemanmaldea Gems: 12/31
    Latest gem: Moonstone

Ach another series that I hadent yet heard of look like I need to wade through the Books section of the site to find all the ones I missed.

5. joacqin

joacqin Confused Jerk Adored Veteran Pillars of Eternity SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!)

Media:
    [​IMG] I must warn all the guys and girls that havent already read the WoT books, dont! You will get an extreme addiction it is worse than CRPG´s its even worse than sorcerers forum addiction. I have been hooked on WoT for 5 years and read and reread the entire series atleast 6-7 times. IMO Jordans is the best writer ever in his good moments its worth to drudge through 400 pages of quite boring buildups for the moments in the series when the cool things happens.
    It is a enourmous work many of the subplots would be enough for most writers but Jordan just keep making the series bigger and bigger. It does seems like Winter´s Hearth was a turning point something like the beginning of the end.
    Wow that was an impressive rant: Hope it makes sense.

6. Gormenghast Gems: 10/31
    Latest gem: Zircon

Thanks for the advice!

I have got the books 1 2 3 4 5 7 9!

But i can't seem to find Lord Of Chaos & The Path Of Daggers, but i 'll keep on looking!
    :eek:

[This message has been edited by Gormenghast (edited July 29, 2001).]

7. The Deviant Mage Gems: 13/31
    Latest gem: Ziose

Winter's Heart had a great ending.

I don't really care about PoD's ending with Egwene...(I hate a lot of the female characters. Min is the only one who doesn't seem...erratic.), so that wasn't a bad point. I did kinda dislike the fact Mat is in some rather large trouble at the end of Crown of Swords, then disappears for a whole book. Thankfully, he's back in Winter's Heart.

I suppose I don't like Perrin too much, relative to Rand and Mat, so the fact the book is centered on those two doesn't bother me.

Sorcerer's Place is a project run entirely by fans and for fans. Maintaining Sorcerer's Place and a stable environment for all our hosted sites requires a substantial amount of our time and funds on a regular basis, so please consider supporting us to keep the site up & running smoothly. Thank you!

Sorcerers.net is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to products on amazon.com, amazon.ca and amazon.co.uk. Amazon and the Amazon logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.