1. SPS Accounts:
    Do you find yourself coming back time after time? Do you appreciate the ongoing hard work to keep this community focused and successful in its mission? Please consider supporting us by upgrading to an SPS Account. Besides the warm and fuzzy feeling that comes from supporting a good cause, you'll also get a significant number of ever-expanding perks and benefits on the site and the forums. Click here to find out more.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
You are currently viewing Boards o' Magick as a guest, but you can register an account here. Registration is fast, easy and free. Once registered you will have access to search the forums, create and respond to threads, PM other members, upload screenshots and access many other features unavailable to guests.

BoM cultivates a friendly and welcoming atmosphere. We have been aiming for quality over quantity with our forums from their inception, and believe that this distinction is truly tangible and valued by our members. We'd love to have you join us today!

(If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. If you've forgotten your username or password, click here.)

BoM Lore Game

Discussion in 'Sorcerous Sundries' started by Master of Nuhn, May 21, 2012.

1. Dice

Dice ★ SPS Account Holder Adored Veteran

Media:
    Lol Silvery - actually I don't have an avatar :p. But that would be very tricky making a question about myself. No it isn't.

@ Mon - Nope, not Shell either, although I did recently talk to her on FB! I guess she and I share some things in common.

Ok here is a hint that will make it pretty easy so we can get on with this game.
    It is a person who is on my friends list.

2. Silvery

Silvery I won't pretend to be your friend coz I'm just not ★ SPS Account Holder Adored Veteran

Media:
    I think I may have missed a question here! :lol:

3. Master of Nuhn

Master of Nuhn Wear it like a crown Veteran Pillars of Eternity SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!) Torment: Tides of Numenera SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!)

Media:
    I'm waiting for Splunge to answer with "That would be BTA" again...

4. dmc

dmc Speak softly and carry a big briefcase Staff Member Distinguished Member ★ SPS Account Holder Resourceful Adored Veteran New Server Contributor [2012] (for helping Sorcerer's Place lease a new, more powerful server!)

Media:
    Going down your list, it appears that the most likely suspect is revmaf, but I have no recollection of the cinnamon bread comments.

5. Dice

Dice ★ SPS Account Holder Adored Veteran

Media:
    Yah it was Rev. I guess I remember strange details about people. I remember her talking about baking and sending cinnamon bread loaves to her friends and family on more than one Christmas. :) She was an awesome BOM member BTW.

OK dmc - looks like it's your turn again.

6. Montresor

Montresor Mostly Harmless Staff Member ★ SPS Account Holder

Media:
    At the risk of causing a topic derailment, has anyone heard from revmaf? She seems to have vanished completely.

7. dmc

dmc Speak softly and carry a big briefcase Staff Member Distinguished Member ★ SPS Account Holder Resourceful Adored Veteran New Server Contributor [2012] (for helping Sorcerer's Place lease a new, more powerful server!)

Media:
    OK - If Tal is Sauron for the sake of this question, then the nine ringwraiths would be those, including me, with the distinguished member title.

Name them all.

[Caveat - I think there are only nine. I know that there are at least nine. If there are more than nine, pretend that there are nine and name nine. :p Also, one of the nine has, get this, less than 100 posts even now - so he can be the Witch King of Angmar, bonus points for naming him.]

8. Blackthorne TA

Blackthorne TA Master in his Own Mind Staff Member ★ SPS Account Holder Adored Veteran Pillars of Eternity SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!) New Server Contributor [2012] (for helping Sorcerer's Place lease a new, more powerful server!) Torment: Tides of Numenera SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!)

Media:
    Arahar
    Darkstrider
    dmc
    Nakia
    olimikrig
    Seayer - The Witch King
    Sir Belisarius
    Spellbound
    Takara

9. dmc

Media:
    Well done right hand of Sauron, you're up.

10. Blackthorne TA

Blackthorne TA Master in his Own Mind Staff Member ★ SPS Account Holder Adored Veteran Pillars of Eternity SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!) New Server Contributor [2012] (for helping Sorcerer's Place lease a new, more powerful server!) Torment: Tides of Numenera SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!)

Media:
    This is another for the oldsters: Whose precipitous leaving from the BoM led to my ascension as moderator?

11. Splunge

Splunge Bhaal’s financial advisor Adored Veteran Pillars of Eternity SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!) Torment: Tides of Numenera SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!)

Media:
    Extremist? (Although you might have been a mod before he left.)

12. dmc

Media:
    No, it wasn't Ex. I know it was before my time even, but I am going to hazard a guess at Sylvus Moonbow, based on what I remember from when I first found the site (which was before I signed up). There was some kind of full blown spat with Tal that was really obnoxious.

That's a pretty tough question though, BTA.

If I'm right, someone else can have it as I am fresh out of lore at the moment.

13. Blackthorne TA

Media:
    Yep, dmc is right. It's anyone's turn then! :)

14. Harbourboy

Harbourboy Take thy form from off my door! Veteran Pillars of Eternity SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!)

Ooh, ooh, I'll go then

Um, but I can't think of a good question.

So, why not go back to the one that was half posed before: name at least four BoM members from New Zealand.

15. 8people

8people 8 is just another way of looking at infinite ★ SPS Account Holder Adored Veteran

Media:
    [​IMG] Deathmage, Aikanaro, Rotku and Harbourboy.

Deathmage and Aik used to debate if everyone else in the chatroom were figments of their imagination as they were the only ones around at certain times of day. This meant when DM was in England he still kept exclaiming "I can't believe you're actually real!" :lol:

If I'm right I'm actually supposed to be packing for a trip, so it would be open to the floor again :p

Deathmage likes this.
  16. The Kilted Crusader

The Kilted Crusader The Famous Last words "Hey guys, watch THIS!" Veteran

Might be wrong but I thought Aik was from Oz rather than NZ?

17. Harbourboy

Harbourboy Take thy form from off my door! Veteran Pillars of Eternity SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!)

Aikanaro wasn't from NZ as far as I was aware. I'm sure there are others but there's one who is probably the fourth highest poster from NZ.

18. Master of Nuhn

Master of Nuhn Wear it like a crown Veteran Pillars of Eternity SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!) Torment: Tides of Numenera SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!)

Media:
    I just stumbled upon a post by Abomination, who appeared to be from Auckland, NZ and has >2k posts.

If you mean him, my answer would be:

Harbourboy (around for about a decade and top 3 poster of the BoM. Not a real Newb if you ask me! :lol: ;))
    Rotku
    Deathmage
    Abomination

19. Harbourboy

As far as I am aware, the top five posters from New Zealand are:

Harbourboy 13,049
    Rotku 3,071
    Abomination 2,375
    Deathmage 1,828
    Tassadar 1,478

So all yours, Master of Nuhn.

20. Master of Nuhn

Media:
    Mmmmh... Not sure what to ask. I got several titles in my head. Some are quite tough, I guess. Let me choose the easiest of them all. And I'll give you some additional info as well. As a hint of some sort.

A personal, real life friend told me about SP/BoM. His title was: Next elven archer gets me axe in his belly!
    He would have loved to add "pansy" to elven archer, but there wasn't enough space.

Who is/was he?

Edit: Btw, I want his name correctly spelled. So be careful with your R's.

Last edited: Jun 2, 2012
Sorcerer's Place is a project run entirely by fans and for fans. Maintaining Sorcerer's Place and a stable environment for all our hosted sites requires a substantial amount of our time and funds on a regular basis, so please consider supporting us to keep the site up & running smoothly. Thank you!

Sorcerers.net is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to products on amazon.com, amazon.ca and amazon.co.uk. Amazon and the Amazon logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.