1. SPS Accounts:
    Do you find yourself coming back time after time? Do you appreciate the ongoing hard work to keep this community focused and successful in its mission? Please consider supporting us by upgrading to an SPS Account. Besides the warm and fuzzy feeling that comes from supporting a good cause, you'll also get a significant number of ever-expanding perks and benefits on the site and the forums. Click here to find out more.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
You are currently viewing Boards o' Magick as a guest, but you can register an account here. Registration is fast, easy and free. Once registered you will have access to search the forums, create and respond to threads, PM other members, upload screenshots and access many other features unavailable to guests.

BoM cultivates a friendly and welcoming atmosphere. We have been aiming for quality over quantity with our forums from their inception, and believe that this distinction is truly tangible and valued by our members. We'd love to have you join us today!

(If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. If you've forgotten your username or password, click here.)

BoM Arcade Now Available!

Discussion in 'Sorcerous Sundries' started by Taluntain, May 10, 2008.

1. Atmer

Atmer Wandering... Veteran Pillars of Eternity SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!) New Server Contributor [2012] (for helping Sorcerer's Place lease a new, more powerful server!)

2. Taluntain

Taluntain Resident Alpha and Omega Staff Member ★ SPS Account Holder Resourceful Adored Veteran Pillars of Eternity SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!) New Server Contributor [2012] (for helping Sorcerer's Place lease a new, more powerful server!) Torment: Tides of Numenera SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!) BoM XenForo Migration Contributor [2015] (for helping support the migration to new forum software!)

Media:
    The RELOAD button at the bottom starts flashing when you're out of ammo.

3. Death Rabbit

Death Rabbit Straight, no chaser Adored Veteran Torment: Tides of Numenera SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!)

Media:
    I'm afraid that if I venture into the arcade I'll never find my way back out. I have enough time wasters as it is. It's sad, when I think about it actually...

But in general, very cool addition Tal. :thumb: I just hope somebody starts schooling BTA so he gets off his "ooh, look at me I'm the super-dooper champion" pedistal. Ah! A bounty! 10 shillings to the man brave enough to become the NEW Tiny Pinball champion... :p

4. dmc

dmc Speak softly and carry a big briefcase Staff Member Distinguished Member ★ SPS Account Holder Resourceful Adored Veteran New Server Contributor [2012] (for helping Sorcerer's Place lease a new, more powerful server!)

Media:
    Quick question. Does anyone know of a way to slow down the games? There are a couple that go way too fast on my computer so I really have no chance to make any kind of decent score. Thanks.

5. Taluntain

Taluntain Resident Alpha and Omega Staff Member ★ SPS Account Holder Resourceful Adored Veteran Pillars of Eternity SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!) New Server Contributor [2012] (for helping Sorcerer's Place lease a new, more powerful server!) Torment: Tides of Numenera SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!) BoM XenForo Migration Contributor [2015] (for helping support the migration to new forum software!)

Media:
    DR, well, just replace some other time wasters in favour of the BoM arcade. :p

dmc, catbert tells me that there's not much that can be done about it. If the game is old (and most of these are) today's computers can be significantly faster and since Flash goes by the CPU clock speed (or the game's FPU was set very high to compensate for the slowness at the time it was made), the games speed up. Use this program to overload your CPU to the point where the games will run normally.

Btw, in which games do you experience this?

Last edited: Aug 14, 2008
  6. Death Rabbit

Death Rabbit Straight, no chaser Adored Veteran Torment: Tides of Numenera SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!)

Media:
    Hmmm...a Cap & Trade scheme....interesting... :p

7. dmc

dmc Speak softly and carry a big briefcase Staff Member Distinguished Member ★ SPS Account Holder Resourceful Adored Veteran New Server Contributor [2012] (for helping Sorcerer's Place lease a new, more powerful server!)

Media:
    The galaga game and tetris mainly (there may be others as I tried a couple of them only once).

8. dmc

Media:
    I'm really irritated by the arcade. I got over 29,000 on the Towerball and it just said it would not record my score, with no reason. Grrrr.

9. Taluntain

Media:
  10. dmc

Media:
    Yeah, I was in compliance but it still didn't matter. Oh well.

11. Taluntain

Media:
    Hopefully the next version of the arcade will fix these issues...

12. kmonster Gems: 24/31
    Latest gem: Water Opal

Veteran

If you get the message about your score not being saved, use the "back" command in your browser.
    This way your score will get submitted again.
    (I'm using Mozilla Firefox and this worked the one time I got the message, I don't know if it it works with other browsers too.)

13. Taluntain

Media:
    Definitely worth a try if it happens to anyone.

All hail the new King of the Arcade! :kneel:

14. dmc

Media:
    Yeah, but my Hexxagon score is better because I did it in less time, and the Arcade recognizes that. I want my little Hexxagon patch under my name. ;)

15. Taluntain

Media:
    Well, 58's only possible due to a hole in the programming anyway, so technically it shouldn't even count. :p

The badge is probably awarded to the latest winner with the same score.

16. dmc

Media:
    Can't I whine for a patch? -- Jeez, it's the only one I have left after BTA and kmonster decimated the arcade.

17. Disciple of The Watch

Disciple of The Watch Preparing The Coming of The New Order Veteran

About time someone knocked BTA off the top of the mountain. :shake:

18. Montresor

Montresor Mostly Harmless Staff Member ★ SPS Account Holder

Media:
    Yes, I'm aiming to shoot down his Cutie Quake record. :evil: I was SO CLOSE yesterday but he survived by a single point. :grr:

19. Blackthorne TA

Blackthorne TA Master in his Own Mind Staff Member ★ SPS Account Holder Adored Veteran Pillars of Eternity SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!) New Server Contributor [2012] (for helping Sorcerer's Place lease a new, more powerful server!) Torment: Tides of Numenera SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!)

Media:
    Hehe! Sheesh I didn't know it was such a big deal me sitting up there :lol: I just like the competition :)

20. Taluntain

Media:
    I've just added 4 new games.

Sorcerer's Place is a project run entirely by fans and for fans. Maintaining Sorcerer's Place and a stable environment for all our hosted sites requires a substantial amount of our time and funds on a regular basis, so please consider supporting us to keep the site up & running smoothly. Thank you!

Sorcerers.net is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to products on amazon.com, amazon.ca and amazon.co.uk. Amazon and the Amazon logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.