1. SPS Accounts:
    Do you find yourself coming back time after time? Do you appreciate the ongoing hard work to keep this community focused and successful in its mission? Please consider supporting us by upgrading to an SPS Account. Besides the warm and fuzzy feeling that comes from supporting a good cause, you'll also get a significant number of ever-expanding perks and benefits on the site and the forums. Click here to find out more.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
You are currently viewing Boards o' Magick as a guest, but you can register an account here. Registration is fast, easy and free. Once registered you will have access to search the forums, create and respond to threads, PM other members, upload screenshots and access many other features unavailable to guests.

BoM cultivates a friendly and welcoming atmosphere. We have been aiming for quality over quantity with our forums from their inception, and believe that this distinction is truly tangible and valued by our members. We'd love to have you join us today!

(If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. If you've forgotten your username or password, click here.)

Body Shaving

Discussion in 'Alley of Dangerous Angles' started by SoCo, May 28, 2003.

1. chevalier

chevalier Knight of Everfull Chalice ★ SPS Account Holder Veteran

Media:
    Only face and neck in my case. But it's only because I think twenty year olds don't look well with mustache or beard and because no one likes the touch of itching skin.

2. LKD Gems: 31/31
    Latest gem: Rogue Stone

Veteran

LOL -- there are very few people willing to share that much about their lives (I was going to say "no people" but then I saw the post from the the Foreplay Shaver!)

3. chevalier

Media:
    Your Lordship shouldn't laugh. It's a serious condition called 'exhibitionism' :shake:

4. Faragon Gems: 25/31
    Latest gem: Moonbar

Veteran

Well, one doesn't have to shave the groin area, you can cut the hairs short as well. But, as with normal shaving, this takes some skill, which you only get by practicing. :grin:

I occasionally shave my armpits as well. Perhaps it's a trend, perhaps not. I know I prefer both on my SO's.

5. Mathetais Gems: 28/31
    Latest gem: Star Sapphire

I've noticed that TAL hasn't responded to this thread yet.

Not that I want to know what a Sorcerer Shaves ... I'm just shocked that this is an Alley topic and not a Whatnots.

Maybe we should start a new forum called "Un-Mentionables" ... and you have to be over 18 to enter! ;)

6. Jack Funk Gems: 24/31
    Latest gem: Water Opal

I only shave my face. And that not often enough.
    The only other shaving that I can see a man doing:
    1. for sports (swimming, cycling) or
    2. because they want to do it to make things appear larger (as Mat pointed out).

I don't need to shave for reason #1, because I don't participate in sports that would make it desirable.
    I don't need to shave for reason #2, because I don't need to shave for reason #2. ;)

7. SoCo Gems: 9/31
    Latest gem: Iol

[​IMG] Mathetais, Yeah maybe your write about the Whatnots.

but about being over 18 to enter, then we would have to wait 7 more days. Till my 18th Birthday. :D

8. chevalier

Media:
    Ekhm, just write '18+ only' and no other section will attract as many teens :rolleyes:

Ah, and they will be babbling about their sizes and hairiness all the time :p

9. Greenlion420 Gems: 8/31
    Latest gem: Skydrop

o.k. i'll fess up. my wife not only talked me into shaving "somewhere", she did it herself. bad, bad idea the regrowth stubble was unbearable for both of us and you don't even want to know what an ingrown hair feels like "down there". i wasn't gonna' share that but SoCo asked kinda' asked for it.

10. Jesper898 Gems: 21/31
    Latest gem: Pearl

[​IMG] I agree with Greenlion I did it once and I'll never do it again :p

Not to mention that I kinda cut myself :doh:

11. SoCo Gems: 9/31

[​IMG] Greenlion, I didn't specifically ask for "that", but all views are welcome. :D

From Reading All the posts. It seems more people are "Con" bodyshaving then "pro" it. Which I assumed it would turn out to be.

12. Charlie Gems: 14/31
    Latest gem: Chrysoberyl

I shave my beard and my girlfriend's... :evil:

13. LKD Gems: 31/31

Veteran

OK, funny story about body hair. I was dating a very nice girl who was VERY feminine except for the fact that had very thick, dark brown hair, and so the hair that almost all people have on their upper lip was visible. I was at my University, getting ready for the class to start (English 305 -- The English Novel) and I asked my friend for a pen. She wouldn't give me one, and she asked where my pens were (she was being a pain). I told her (truthfully) that I'd left my stuff at my girlfriend's house the night before. Well, everyone in the 5 or 6 desks surrounding us started teasing me ("what was a good Mormon boy doing at his girlfriend's house? "Give us the kindky details" "you still a virgin, little buddy?" etc.) I finally snapped.

Now, they say that every 7 minutes there is a lull in a conversation. That lull hit just as I said, fairly loudly "Look, I never touched her, all right? She has more hair on her face than i do on my entire body!"

Well, everyone stared, including the prof. An old lady (65 or so) who was there because her husband was dead and she had nothing else to do, she started tittering her fool head off. For the rest of the year I got questions and comments like "did you go visit her family at the zoo?" "There's a discount on body waxing at my salon" and tons of others. It sucked. I should learn to shut up, but that's not too likely :cool:

14. Greenlion420 Gems: 8/31
    Latest gem: Skydrop

Con body shaving? you bet. Body hair is a force of nature and i guess we shouldn't mess with it too much, except in the case of his Lordship K.D.
    Dude, when you kissed her did it tickle :shake: ?

15. LKD Gems: 31/31

Veteran

No, Greenlion, you goofball, it didn't tickle :eek:

She had no more than any woman, really, it's just that it was so dark it was visible.She should have gone for waxing, but she was naive and foolish (which was why she was dating me, some would say :p )

16. SoCo Gems: 9/31

[​IMG] Naa, you wouldn't shave something like that. It would just grow back even worse. Even more so since its on the Face.

Looking around at my school at leasy 8 out of 10 people shave something. Counting me. (SoCo has no underarm hair) :p

17. Mathetais Gems: 28/31

Picked up a new Muscle & Fitness magazine today. There is a half-page add for "Nair for Men" ... chemical hair remover.

Reminds me of that time we put Nair in that guy's shampoo during Swim practice ... :evil:

18. Foradasthar Gems: 21/31
    Latest gem: Pearl

Hair-remover into shampoo? No offense, but if that's for real, I wonder what kind of a wuss he was as you're still alive. Destroying one's hair is the same as inflicting a very visible scar on their face. And depending on the hair length (or wether the person is balding or not) it can take years to heal from that scar.

Definitely not something to be toyed with.

19. Mathetais Gems: 28/31

It was the swim team. We kept the hair to less than a 1/2 inch, and shaved bald for big meets.

I wouldn't do that to a Brad Pitt type ... really.

(Plus, I was the only guy on both the football team and the swim team ... I was safe!)

20. SoCo Gems: 9/31

[​IMG] You were the only guy on the football team? ;)

Sorcerer's Place is a project run entirely by fans and for fans. Maintaining Sorcerer's Place and a stable environment for all our hosted sites requires a substantial amount of our time and funds on a regular basis, so please consider supporting us to keep the site up & running smoothly. Thank you!

Sorcerers.net is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to products on amazon.com, amazon.ca and amazon.co.uk. Amazon and the Amazon logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.