1. SPS Accounts:
    Do you find yourself coming back time after time? Do you appreciate the ongoing hard work to keep this community focused and successful in its mission? Please consider supporting us by upgrading to an SPS Account. Besides the warm and fuzzy feeling that comes from supporting a good cause, you'll also get a significant number of ever-expanding perks and benefits on the site and the forums. Click here to find out more.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
You are currently viewing Boards o' Magick as a guest, but you can register an account here. Registration is fast, easy and free. Once registered you will have access to search the forums, create and respond to threads, PM other members, upload screenshots and access many other features unavailable to guests.

BoM cultivates a friendly and welcoming atmosphere. We have been aiming for quality over quantity with our forums from their inception, and believe that this distinction is truly tangible and valued by our members. We'd love to have you join us today!

(If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. If you've forgotten your username or password, click here.)

Boards o' Magick item pack version 2.1

Discussion in 'Baldur's Gate 2: Enhanced Edition' started by olimikrig, Nov 26, 2007.

1. olimikrig

olimikrig Cavalier of War Distinguished Member ★ SPS Account Holder Resourceful Veteran Pillars of Eternity SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!) Torment: Tides of Numenera SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!) BoM XenForo Migration Contributor [2015] (for helping support the migration to new forum software!)

Media:
    It will, but the variable for his creation won't be set and you might end up with two Bions or some such.

I've updated the files you asked for Silverstar. They're not up yet as I still want to check some more stuff before updating further.
    However you can find an updated Dart of Icy Death here.

I've also made a quick description for the Calm to Chaos staff. It won't be included until I update, but if you're curious here it is:

Quarterstaff +3: Calm to the Chaos

Rumour has it that this staff was carved by an ancient force known only as the 'Silverstar'; however no written evidence exists to back up that claim. Despite the mysteries surrounding its origin one can naught but marvel at the power whomever created it must have wielded.

A series of interlocking runes runs down the shaft revealing powerful enchantments that, to a degree, has the power to control the very matter of chaos - offering limited protections to Mages who have devoted their time to the study of wild magic. In practice this means that when wielding this weapon one will be surrounded by a constant Chaos Shield, helping the Mage guide the wild surges increasing the chances of a profitable result. As with all things related to wild magic nothing is ever given and there's still the chance of something completely unpredicted occurring.

Over and out.

2. Silverstar Gems: 31/31
    Latest gem: Rogue Stone

Veteran

[​IMG]
    So then one also will have to set the variable global for Bion via CLUAconsole as well, heh, I am getting hang of this coding thing, I think!

Dart of Icy Death? Why I have that item also and it works fine. Did you mean Icicles throwing daggers that we have been discussing? :confused:

OMG, Olimikrig, you are too kind! This is just so cool, I LOVE the description! Thank you! :) At last now I have an item with my name on the boards with it too! :banana:

3. olimikrig

olimikrig Cavalier of War Distinguished Member ★ SPS Account Holder Resourceful Veteran Pillars of Eternity SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!) Torment: Tides of Numenera SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!) BoM XenForo Migration Contributor [2015] (for helping support the migration to new forum software!)

Media:
    Yup, I generally just recommend starting a new game because to my knowledge a lot of people don't like fiddling with the globals.

Oh yeah, go me! I accidenlty uploaded the wrong item :doh:. Anyways I have fixed Icicles, and here it is

Glad you like it! You deserve your own item :).

4. MajorTomSawyer Gems: 2/31
    Latest gem: Fire Agate

Any chance on an eta for v3.0 (or 2.1, etc...)?

5. olimikrig

Media:
    2.1 should be up one of the days, I just want to get the item list up-to-date first.

In terms of gameplay the only real changes will be correct description on calm to chaos and the fixing of Icicles.

6. Shaitan

Shaitan Always forgive your enemies; it annoys them so

How fares 2.1?

7. olimikrig

Media:
    I'm almost done with it, just got set a little back due to me deciding to update some of the scripts.

8. kicker04 Gems: 1/31
    Latest gem: Turquoise

This seems to be an interesting mod. But the german version has so many spelling mistakes in it and contains sometimes not even the kind of a weapon in the information text... That makes it much less interesting.

9. coineineagh

coineineagh I wish for a horde to overrun my enemies Resourceful Adored Veteran

Media:
    Well, since this 4.5 year old thread is resurrected anyway: Is this the same as the "setup-BoM" file I have in my harddrive? Because the readme talks of quests and characters like Tal, so it's more than just an item pack...

10. olimikrig

Media:
    I'm sorry that the German translation does not live up to your expectations. Seeing as I do not speak German myself, I cannot quality assure it, and it is provided as is.

I *might* revisit this project at some point to squash some of the remaining bugs, i which case I'll try and see if I can get someone to take a look at the German translation.

Last edited: Aug 1, 2013
  11. olimikrig

Media:
    So I finally got around actually updating this thing (I know :D). It now works with enhanced edition as well.

Hopefully the last bugs should be sorted out now, but let me know if you find anything.

Taluntain likes this.
  12. henkie

henkie Hammertime Resourceful Adored Veteran New Server Contributor [2012] (for helping Sorcerer's Place lease a new, more powerful server!)

Media:
    Can't quite remember if I have this installed or not. And thus, if I should update it or not :)

13. Sorvo

Sorvo Where's the nearest pub? Distinguished Member ★ SPS Account Holder Veteran

Media:
    :lol: OK, Who thought of my robe? Very nice description of my past :) Technically I always considered myself a Bard though ;)

olimikrig likes this.
  14. olimikrig

Media:
    I think that was one The Magpie's items :p.

15. Paracelsi

Paracelsi Distinguished Member ★ SPS Account Holder Adored Veteran Pillars of Eternity SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!)

Media:
    How did I miss this. The guys who came up with the item descriptions deserve an award, the flavor text fits BG2 a lot better than even a lot of the EE stuff.

The Magpie and olimikrig like this.
  16. The Magpie

The Magpie Balance, in all things Veteran

Thanks Paracelsi - the item descriptions were based off of ideas from the whole SP community. Olim, myself and Malovae did a bunch ourselves & I edited them all for typos and fluency, adding bits to the descriptions I thought had a really nice story going on.

17. Eyebreaker7

Eyebreaker7 Someone clean my litter box ★ SPS Account Holder Veteran New Server Contributor [2012] (for helping Sorcerer's Place lease a new, more powerful server!)

Media:
    Call me blind but where can I download the latest version?

18. olimikrig

Media:
  19. Eyebreaker7

Eyebreaker7 Someone clean my litter box ★ SPS Account Holder Veteran New Server Contributor [2012] (for helping Sorcerer's Place lease a new, more powerful server!)

Media:
    Sorry. I thought the original post was so old it was not the latest file. :thanks:

--

I'm getting an error:

ERROR: error loading [setup-BoM/are]
    Stopping instilation because of error.
    ERROR Instaling [Boards of Magick item pack!], rolling back to previous state
    Will uninstall 24 files for [SETUP-BOM.TP2] component 0.
    Uninstalled 24 files for [SETUP-BOM.TP2] component 0.
    Unix.Unix_error(20, "stat", "Setup-BoM/are")

I've got it in my BG2EE directory and have selected that path for the install file to use but it gives me that error?? Any ideas what is wrong? I don't have a separate BG2ToB folder only the BG2EE one. Originally the initial/default game directory was for a gog folder but my game isn't in the gog folder so I had to change it.

Last edited by a moderator: Aug 9, 2016
    olimikrig likes this.
  20. olimikrig

Media:
    Would appear the archive is missing a folder (specifically the area folder) :rolleyes:. Posting an update now. Should be up as soon as it has been approved by Taluntain.

Sorcerer's Place is a project run entirely by fans and for fans. Maintaining Sorcerer's Place and a stable environment for all our hosted sites requires a substantial amount of our time and funds on a regular basis, so please consider supporting us to keep the site up & running smoothly. Thank you!

Sorcerers.net is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to products on amazon.com, amazon.ca and amazon.co.uk. Amazon and the Amazon logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.