1. SPS Accounts:
    Do you find yourself coming back time after time? Do you appreciate the ongoing hard work to keep this community focused and successful in its mission? Please consider supporting us by upgrading to an SPS Account. Besides the warm and fuzzy feeling that comes from supporting a good cause, you'll also get a significant number of ever-expanding perks and benefits on the site and the forums. Click here to find out more.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
You are currently viewing Boards o' Magick as a guest, but you can register an account here. Registration is fast, easy and free. Once registered you will have access to search the forums, create and respond to threads, PM other members, upload screenshots and access many other features unavailable to guests.

BoM cultivates a friendly and welcoming atmosphere. We have been aiming for quality over quantity with our forums from their inception, and believe that this distinction is truly tangible and valued by our members. We'd love to have you join us today!

(If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. If you've forgotten your username or password, click here.)

Bluescreen, Stop: 0x0000007F

Discussion in 'Techno-Magic' started by Fabius Maximus, Nov 8, 2009.

1. Fabius Maximus Gems: 19/31
    Latest gem: Aquamarine

Hi.

Recently, I've had several (reproducable) bluescreens under XP with the report:
    '0x0000007F (0x0000000D, 0x00000000, 0x00000000, 0x00000000)'. The internets tell me this has something to do with my RAM. So I ran Memtest and it found no errors.

My PC is an old machine with an Athlon XP 2.600+, 2 GB RAM PC400 (runs on FSB 166), Mainboard A7N8X-XE, GeForce 7600GS graphics card.

The bluescreen only occur when I run games like The Witcher (once) and Drakensang (reproducable). Battlefield 2 runs without problems. I've yet to test DDO and Gears of War.

Could it be that it is the RAM on my graphics car that causes the crashes?

EDIT: Seems to be a problem with Drakensang. Never mind.

Last edited: Nov 8, 2009
  2. Kitrax

Kitrax Pantaloons are supposed to go where!?!?

Media:
    I was going to say...The Stop 0x7F code *could* be caused by bad RAM, but if it was, you'd get the BSoD more often, and not just in games. I see it most often when people push the limits of overclocking too far.

3. Topken

Topken Elven-dragon wizard

im getting this error constantly with windows 7 and ive got graphical anomalies in mass effect at the bottom and right sides of the screen ive got blocks of full red and yellow colors with blurry edges then lines of other colors at the edge of the screen. and im not overclocking much only at 2.2ghz right now and ive also got a 7600 gs with 512 megs of ram and 1.5gb of system ram. im sitting on windows xp right now which is where the mass effect problems are happening as i cant get into my windows 7 becuase of the stop 7F error it was a stop 7e error the very first time i got it then it changed to the 7f and ive been getting it ever sence

4. Ragusa

Ragusa Eternal Halfling Paladin Veteran

Media:
    Do you have several sound devices active in your computer?

5. Topken

only my x-fi extreme gamer active right now even tho ive got onboard audio ive got that turned off in the bios. ok im getting an unkown devicer in my windows xp device manager now for some reason and its not one my usb devices

6. Kitrax

Media:
    Does your video card have built in audio? My ATI 3870 has built in audio, and it didn't play well with my sound card...

7. Ragusa

Ragusa Eternal Halfling Paladin Veteran

Media:
    My point :)

8. Topken

no it doesnt have built in audio its just a graphics card sence theres only a vga dvi and tv output on it. tv has component s0video and video composite on it

9. Kitrax

Media:
    Ah...I must have had a Splung moment there...it's like a "brain fart" but much more embarrassing... :bad:

When he mentioned just the x-fi and mobo audio, I thought he might have a video card with built in audio and not know about it....

10. Topken

lol im not that stupid. my computer exp is above normal so i know what im doing. just aheads up weindows 7 wont even boot into safe mode without getting the stop 7F error

11. Kitrax

Media:
    Did you updrade to Win7 or did you do a fresh install?

12. Topken

from a fresh install

Sorcerer's Place is a project run entirely by fans and for fans. Maintaining Sorcerer's Place and a stable environment for all our hosted sites requires a substantial amount of our time and funds on a regular basis, so please consider supporting us to keep the site up & running smoothly. Thank you!

Sorcerers.net is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to products on amazon.com, amazon.ca and amazon.co.uk. Amazon and the Amazon logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.