1. SPS Accounts:
    Do you find yourself coming back time after time? Do you appreciate the ongoing hard work to keep this community focused and successful in its mission? Please consider supporting us by upgrading to an SPS Account. Besides the warm and fuzzy feeling that comes from supporting a good cause, you'll also get a significant number of ever-expanding perks and benefits on the site and the forums. Click here to find out more.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
You are currently viewing Boards o' Magick as a guest, but you can register an account here. Registration is fast, easy and free. Once registered you will have access to search the forums, create and respond to threads, PM other members, upload screenshots and access many other features unavailable to guests.

BoM cultivates a friendly and welcoming atmosphere. We have been aiming for quality over quantity with our forums from their inception, and believe that this distinction is truly tangible and valued by our members. We'd love to have you join us today!

(If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. If you've forgotten your username or password, click here.)

Blood for the Abyss

Discussion in 'Role-play Corner' started by Ilmater's Suffering, Feb 9, 2006.

1. DarkStrider

DarkStrider I've seen the future and it has seen me Distinguished Member

"Greeting all of you I will, I hight Valnar Hruddson, tracker am I, safe journeys and outsteppings to you Ja'a'la, Silvirus of the Ray and Culculna Crescenthame" Valnar spoke gently to the people that had greeted him and Skif.

"Travelled parts of Forest of Secrets and Icekissed mountains have I, hadst any of you?"

2. deepfae Gems: 7/31
    Latest gem: Tchazar

"I have traveled up and down the Icekissed mountains." Amswered Culculna. "Though I must admit most of my knowledge was taught to me rather than experienced, as my stay in the mountains was quite limited, and my journey out of them was quite linear. As for the forest of secrets, it is a mystery to me, though I have heard many tales and legends about it." Culculna paused. "It is a pleasure to meet you, Valnar Hruddson, and a pleasure to meet all of you as well." Culculna indicated Ja'a'la, Skiffle, and Silviras. Then, turning to Silviras, he asked in elven:
    "So tell me, what manner of elf are you? I have never heard of an elf so seemingly suited to both the currents of the sea and the air."

[ February 16, 2006, 12:26: Message edited by: deepfae ]

3. kuemper Gems: 31/31
    Latest gem: Rogue Stone

"He's a big ol' duck, Culculna," replied Skif to the elves amazment. "Oh yeah, I speak Elven. Many dialects of Elven, too. You would be so shocked if you knew." She winked and grinned. That was the best parts of being Small; people paid you no mind and went about their business with you hiding in the cat bed on the book shelf between the Ilmater pamphlets and Volothamp Geddarm's Guide to Waterdeep.

She spoke to the man leading the expedition north. "So, let's get this on the road. I'm short, y'see and have a short lifespan to boot. Crack the whip, bub. We're all here. Mush! Mush!"

4. deepfae Gems: 7/31

"Aye to moving out!" Said Culculna. He chuckled. He liked this Gnome, she had a sense of humor.

5. Nakia

Nakia The night is mine Distinguished Member ★ SPS Account Holder Adored Veteran Pillars of Eternity SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!) Torment: Tides of Numenera SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!) BoM XenForo Migration Contributor [2015] (for helping support the migration to new forum software!)

Media:
    Ja'a'la smiled at Culculna. "My village is near the Forest and I have relatives among the wood elves there. I have never traveled in the deep forest or gone to the Ice Mountains. Your knowledge will be valuable. Greetings, Silvirus. you are most unusual."

Shalm gave a low gurgling growl in greeting to the others and then began to move around restlessly, ready to move out of the city.

6. Elwithral Irenicus Gems: 20/31
    Latest gem: Garnet

Silviras smiled at the small gnome and turned to Culculna, "I am a Sea Avariel. We are an ancient race of Elves whom have lived in isolation from the mainland for centuries. We live on the isle of OrtirĂ´, a dormant volcano, far into the Sea of Tirina."

"We survive on the fish around us, and pride ourselves on our Water Flight," He paused, "Oh, I almost forgot, this is Kiron'takai, my faithful companion. She was forged deep in the Volcano of my home."

7. DarkStrider

DarkStrider I've seen the future and it has seen me Distinguished Member

"Friend have I on borders of mountains and forest, knows region well, will have need of him think I. we shall fetch when area we reach yes?" Valnar spoke to the group around him. Like Skif he was now anxious for the off but he was leaving that part of the adventure to her playing the role he had assigned himself, it was going to be interesting seeing their reactions to Delvore when they met up.

[ February 17, 2006, 11:08: Message edited by: DarkStrider ]

8. Nakia

Nakia The night is mine Distinguished Member ★ SPS Account Holder Adored Veteran Pillars of Eternity SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!) Torment: Tides of Numenera SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!) BoM XenForo Migration Contributor [2015] (for helping support the migration to new forum software!)

Media:
    The captain had been listening to the conversation and now approached the group.

"I am Captain Robson in charge of the group going north." He smiled at each of them. "You have signed on under my command. Now I'm sure each of you have special talents and I expect to learn them as we travel but please remember you are part of a group. I am willing to listen to what you have to say but I have final say in what we do. Is that understood?" At the nod from each of the adventurers he smiled. "Good! Let's move out"

He signaled his men who fell into order and started towards the North Gate.

9. Daie d'Malkin

Daie d'Malkin Shoulda gone to Specsavers

Soren finished his conversation, and moved to the front of the group heading east. He attracted their attention, cleared his throat and began.

"I am Soren Trueblood. SOme of you may have fought alongside me on the walls earlier, and some of you may not. Nevertheless, I have been instructed by Lady Galla to lead this group to the east, on a quest for the Church."

[ February 21, 2006, 21:31: Message edited by: Daie d'Malkin ]

10. Benan Gems: 20/31

"It's good to finally know your name Soren. You'll remember me as the drow who fought beside you. I'm called Valis, and I decided to go east because I hate Yaunti and wouldn't mind spilling a little snake blood." Valis siad with a coky grin. "I'm not helping a church, but I won't be a hinderance either."

11. Ilmater's Suffering Gems: 21/31
    Latest gem: Pearl

Orianna made her way down to the parade grounds, looking for the aasimar paladin she saw at the temple. Upon finding the paladin she introduced herself.

"Hello, I'm Orianna... Fellblood to some. I'm, like you, also helping the church. I figure helping Pelor is the most, dare I use the word, "morally" worthwhile act, but I warn you, you lawful types will probably be at odds with the chaotic dispotion my Tanar'ri blood creates... though you need not worry about my intent, I desire that my actions benefit those in need."

[ February 19, 2006, 06:56: Message edited by: Ilmater's Suffering ]

12. Dalamar Maximus Gems: 11/31
    Latest gem: Bloodstone

Juerson walked up to Soren and tugged on his trousers. When the large man looked down on him he boldly piped in.

" I'm not the religious type but I heard yaun-ti are rich little buggers." He grinned" Also I ain't that bad a scout and pickellocker."

He never knew a good term for it so he called some who picks locks, a pickellocker.

13. kuemper Gems: 31/31
    Latest gem: Rogue Stone

As the group marched north, Captain Robson felt a tug on his trouser leg. He glanced down to find the gnome skipping beside him. "Yes ma'am?"

"Are we there yet?" she asked in her high voice.

"No, not yet." Robson looked around casually. "We've barely left Sunglow. It will take a day or two to get where we are going."

"Oh, okay. It doesn't hurt to ask." the gnome wandered back to the tall Northerner, who hoisted her onto his shoulders.

An hour later, Robson felt a pull on his coattail. It was the gnome. "Are we there yet?"

Sighing, Robson informed her, "No ma'am, not yet."

"Do you know *when* we'll be there?"

"It's nearly a two day trek, but I feel we have good soldiers who can march with the best." He smiled and nodded to the rest of the group.

An hour later, a familiar tug hit Robson's belt. "NO! WE ARE NOT THERE YET!" he shouted at the gnome, causing her to leap back in surprise and the others to stare at him as if he'd grown two heads.

The gnome shook her head and planted her small fists on her hips. "You need to relax, buddy-boy. Yelling loudly like that is bad for your constitution."

14. Ilmater's Suffering Gems: 21/31
    Latest gem: Pearl

Hamal began to gather old scrolls he and lying around, he needed more then merely an alignment change, he had encountered that acrused astral deva before and she knew his face. A scroll of Polymorph Self should do the trick for his appearance, he doubted the astral deva would recognize him as a neutral half-moon elf. This would give him roughhly 3 hours to get into the temple, find what he needed and escape before his true alignment was revealed. Hamal still did not know exactly what it was he was looking for so he knew he would have to use evey second he had.

15. Nakia

Media:
    In the late afternoon Sa'a'la approached Captain Robson. "Sir, my village is only a couple of hours farther we could stop there for the night. Get some good food and rest peacefully."

The captain nodded his head, "Good idea."

Darkness had fallen by the time they reached an area with large trees. The ground beneath the trees was bare of all but grass and flowers. The trunks of the trees stretched upward to a broad expanse of interlocking branches. The trunks were smooth and looked difficult to climb.

Sa'a'la gave a whistle and a rope ladder fell from one of trees. She quickly climbed the ladder and soon returned with several other elves.

One of the elves greeted them. "Welcome to Shimmering Leaves. Feel free to make camp. Anyone who wishes may come up to the village but it can be difficult to navigate for those not accustom to living in the tree heights. We will bring you food. If you need fire there is plenty of dry dead wood. Please make sure any fire is contained. We are rather protective of our forest." The elf smiled and then vanished into the trees.

The group settled down and soon elves arrived with food. Mostly meat, bread, fruit and a sweet fruity non-alcoholic drink.

16. Elwithral Irenicus Gems: 20/31

Silviras smiled at the elf and flew up into the trees, being greeted warmly but cautiously by the elves waiting there. They gave him warm bread and drink, warming his blood and calming him.

17. deepfae Gems: 7/31

Culculna smiled upon seeing the elves descend from the treetops. It reminded him of the life he used to know. Seeing the elves accend the rope ladders he followed suit, with a sureness of footing among the trees that he had learned from his parents long ago. Upon reaching the elves homes within the trees he was greeted with a variety of reactions: cautious stares, suspicious glares, curious glances. However, unlike humans, these elves did not see Culculna as all drow, rather recognizing his sun elf blood as well. In elvish, Culculna said: "Greetings. I thank you for your hospitality." He then made his way towards Silviras and sat down, taking a hearty bite out of some bread before saying:
    "Silviras, my father often spoke fondly of the Sea. Tell me, does it truly stretch on until eternity's end?"

18. Elwithral Irenicus Gems: 20/31

Silviras fondly recalled his home, "Yes, my friend, it does. Or so it seems. One way, there is land far, far away, but for most, it goes on for all eternity."

He paused, "It is beautiful. And wonderful," He paused again, "And tell me, what are the elves like here on the mainland? From what I see now, the elves are very understanding and welcoming."

19. deepfae Gems: 7/31

"The elves here...are welcoming, as you say." replied Culculna. "Unless you carry the blood of their forsworn enemies, like I do. See those stares some of our hosts give me from time to time? Thats my curse. This isn't too bad, though, because our hosts are wood elves. Being a mix of elven blood themselves, they see the sun elf in me and generally leave me alone. But the others...especialy the Sun elves..." Culculna paused. "I have had very limited experience with sun elves. I have come to the conclusion that they see me as an abomination, a sort of mutation upon their race. A mix between the perfect elves, as they see themselves as, and the fallen elves, as they see the drow as. I had a few unpleasant encounters with some sun elves on my way down the Icekissed Mountains, and have everafter avoided them, despite my longing to know more about that side of my heritage."
    "I expect that you, however, would be met with respect, and even awe among the more humble elves."

20. Nakia

Media:
    The group settled down for the night in their chosen spots. Shalm being a rather unusual wolf was able to climb into the tree village and she and Ja'a'la visited their family. On the way back to the camp she stopped to speak to Culculna and Silviras.

"You are welcome in the village and several homes have offered beds for the night." She waved to several elves hovering near by. "Yes, Culculna, we are more accepting of off beat elves than the Sun Elves." She smiled, "They are a bit arrogrant aren't they? Seeing themselves as pure elves and the rest of us as lesser beings." She shurgged and gave a rueful laugh. Turning to Silviras, "Actually I find you the more unusual. I have met a few aquatic elves but never one that could fly."

Sorcerer's Place is a project run entirely by fans and for fans. Maintaining Sorcerer's Place and a stable environment for all our hosted sites requires a substantial amount of our time and funds on a regular basis, so please consider supporting us to keep the site up & running smoothly. Thank you!

Sorcerers.net is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to products on amazon.com, amazon.ca and amazon.co.uk. Amazon and the Amazon logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.