1. SPS Accounts:
    Do you find yourself coming back time after time? Do you appreciate the ongoing hard work to keep this community focused and successful in its mission? Please consider supporting us by upgrading to an SPS Account. Besides the warm and fuzzy feeling that comes from supporting a good cause, you'll also get a significant number of ever-expanding perks and benefits on the site and the forums. Click here to find out more.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
You are currently viewing Boards o' Magick as a guest, but you can register an account here. Registration is fast, easy and free. Once registered you will have access to search the forums, create and respond to threads, PM other members, upload screenshots and access many other features unavailable to guests.

BoM cultivates a friendly and welcoming atmosphere. We have been aiming for quality over quantity with our forums from their inception, and believe that this distinction is truly tangible and valued by our members. We'd love to have you join us today!

(If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. If you've forgotten your username or password, click here.)

Blood for the Abyss going North

Discussion in 'Role-play Corner' started by Ilmater's Suffering, Feb 23, 2006.

1. kuemper Gems: 31/31
    Latest gem: Rogue Stone

Skiffle followed the silver breadcrumbs, keeping track of the amount. She had 20 so far and her thoughts raced on what she could buy back in town. "I can get 6 king worm crunchies, or my sneaky boots recobbled, or barding for a humanoid, or hide them in the high priest's shoes. :evil: I bet no one else knows he's a wererat." She giggled feverishly, excited over her plans.

"You could return them to me," a stranger said.

The gnome cocked a brow and glanced around the place. She saw no one. "Mind-to-mind talk, eh? Fancy that. Who're you?"

"The one you've been looking for."

2. Maurolava

Maurolava Neither to go back, nor to take impulse Veteran

Stripped from his Lance, Lavitz lays in the floor as one the giants was about to hit him. Close to terminate the deed a loud noise comes from above, a look towards the sky reveals a figure with long white wings blowing a horn and slaying a finger off of one of the giants. The blood flows and lands on the armor and face of Lavitz, the other giants look up and try to reach the flying aid. In the moment of distraction Lavitz connects his thoughts to the only friend he knows,

"Raygor, unterstützen mich bitte!"

A bright light creeps from the trees behind, Lavitz hopes for the best and closes his eyes; the long line of lightning hits one of the giants, pass another and even misses by inches the winged elf. A small roar comes forth, revealing a young dragon hovering his master as it shields him.

More noises are heard coming to the patch of forest in the same direction that the winged elf had came from.

3. Nakia

Nakia The night is mine Distinguished Member ★ SPS Account Holder Adored Veteran Pillars of Eternity SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!) Torment: Tides of Numenera SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!) BoM XenForo Migration Contributor [2015] (for helping support the migration to new forum software!)

Media:
    Howling a hunting call Shalm races towards the sound of the horn. Hearing her and the horn Ja'a'la races after her.

Shalm dashes into the battle, moving quickly she takes a large chunk out of the leg of one giant. Whirls away and then back into the fray. Ja'a'la sees a dragon guarding something or someone from the giants. She rapidly looses several arrows into one giant felling him. Silviras is battling another, Shalm tearing flesh from others.

One giant lunges toward her. Trees shield it from her arrows. She leaps into a tree and moves around the battle trying to get a clear view to use her archery skills.

4. DarkStrider

DarkStrider I've seen the future and it has seen me Distinguished Member

Posting as Fanten

Hearing the Horn I turned and started to follow SHalm and Ja'a'la, but then stopped and shifted, I had forgotten the joy of shapeshifting, I lifted my muzzle and howled. Then I was chasing through the trees, as I burst into the battlescene, I saw a giant trying to reach Ja'a'la in a tree. Two quick tears of my teeth, and he was hamstrung, as he fell I ripped his throat out.

Turning I ran at the giant trying to swat Silviras out of the sky, leaping I was able to knock him down, as he landed several arrows flew into him, killing him, looking round I saw that the giants were dead or dying. I padded over towards Shalm, who looked wary of me, it was then I realised that she hadn't seen my wolf-form or maybe it was the fact that I was bigger than Fenris! I shifted back to my normal form,

"See Shalm, it's only me, Is everyone ok? And you, stranger are you hurt at all?"

Posting as Valnar

Valnar heard Skif giggling, then seeing her standing there looking at somthing, he moved towards her Deela and Fenris in attendance and ready for almost anything, he asked

"Are you alright, my little Queen?"

5. Maurolava

Maurolava Neither to go back, nor to take impulse Veteran

Lavitz lays in the floor unconscious, blood can be seen over his armor and face and his dragon keeps hovering over him. Raygor sees the half-giant approuching Lavitz, but does not move, instead it roars at him and buffets his wings creating a small gust of wind as a warning sign.

As the tension build up, more people aprouch the dragon. The dragon grows more nerviuos, so much is the disconfort of the situation that to no warning it about to realize once more his breath weapon; gas begins to comes out of his wide open mouth,

"Das ist genug, Raygor!"

The voice fades again as the dragon closes is mouth and moves landing to the side of Lavitz.

6. kuemper Gems: 31/31

"So you're the one who stole my knackerpatties!" the little gnome yelped in shock. She drew her sword and waved it threateningly at the shadowy individual. "Give them back, NOW, and maybe you'll make it out of here alive!"

Valnar called to her. She rolled her eyes, gesturing to her opponent to give her a moment. She stomped over to the giant and his tagalongs, hissing, "What do you want?! I'm in the middle of some intense threatening here! This joker has my knackerpatties, which I thought my Auntie Melba Toast Crunch borrowed (You know how people borrow things and never give them back? That's Auntie Melba Crunch Toast), but I found out she'd sold them to a passing clown confetti pawn broker in Luxtery! Can you believe it!" Seeing Valnar and friends were stunned by her verbousness, she returned to threatening the still shadowy figure.

7. DarkStrider

Posting as Fanten

Fanten approached the dragon guarding the injured man carefully, then he spoke to the dragon

"Es gibt keine Notwendigkeit sich zu sorgen, I hust möchten deinem Freund helfen. ", the Dragon gave a careful nod, Fanten then knelt next to the uncnscious man, he prayed to his God Silvanus, a peaceful expression came over his face, he laid his hands on the unconscious man and the divine power flowed into the man.

Fanten lifted his hands and lowered his head, he looked at the now conscious man,
    "How are you feeling now, I think your friend is worried about you? My name is Fanten, over there is Ja'a'la and her companion Shalm, overhead is our friend Silviras, the captain and his men come from Sungold. There are others to introduce you to, but they are doing other things at the moment.

"Which reminds me Ja'a'la could you look after our guest, please? Fenris tells me our little gnome may be in trouble, Valnar and Deela are with her, I think I'll join them. Silviras follow me if you can?"

Fanten then shifted to his Wolf form and sped away, shortly he could see Valnar's tall form, with Deela and Fenris in attendance, he padded over next to Fenris, who nuzzled him, Valnar looked over and recognising the Giant Wolf simply said "Hi Fanten", then they waited on Skif and whoever she was talking to.

8. kuemper Gems: 31/31

She glared at the big wolf slobbering on the cave floor. She'd never get any proper looting done with these clowns (grr, clowns :mad: ) following her around. "Will you guys leave? The others are probably *dying* if that sick moose bellow was anything to go by." Skiffle grabbed the shadowy figure by the robe skirt, dragged it off into the further recesses of the darkness and said, "Come back here and let's talk private for a minute..."

9. DarkStrider

Posting as Fanten

The Wolf shimmered and the air became hazy in the area the wolf had been and then Fanten stood there, a hard expression on his face,

"It seems we're no longer wanted here, we came as friends to ensure you were ok, Skiffle Nutbunny, but since you don't need us, then you also don't need our friendship anymore. We'll leave you with your new friend, farewell Skiffle and may your god be with you." Fanten's voice rumbled and rolled round the cave like thunder, turning he spoke gently

"Come let us return to the others, there is an injured man to see to and we must start moving again." Fanten herded Valnar and Deela back towards the others, Fenris leading the way, as they walked Valnar kept looking back towards where Skif had been, a puzzled look on his face at the hardness in Fanten's tone.

10. kuemper Gems: 31/31

"What a paisley! Are druids always that tight-lipped?"

"Urm-hmmm," the shadow replied noncommittedly. They walked deeper into the cave. "By the way, can I stop being shadowy and mysterious yet? I feel like I'm going to fall through the floor."

"Yeah, yeah, whatever," Skiffle blathered, continuously checking behind her. "Okay, seems those mooks got the hint. Now, I've been playing my part: dropping clues, pointing in this direction, et cetera, et cetera. Big Doinky keeps reverting to nature and foiling my schemes!"

The figure cleared his image, showing him to be a male humanoid of middle years. "Druids tend to do that, you know. My boss is getting antsy about things. When do you think she can hit Sunglow again?"

Rubbing her chin, Skif gave a moment to thought. "Dunno. Those holy rollers pumped up the guards after the first attack, then sent a couple groups out; us to the north and a second to the east. We keep finding strays to take in, so maybe the other group is dying off."

"I hope so," the humanoid answered. "It'll make my job a lot easier."

"Baby," the gnome taunted with a grin. "I'll miss a good chunk of treasure if the numbers are cut before Queen of the Dracos starts her thing." She grabbed his robe and jerked him down to her level. They kissed passionately, breaking apart after several, steaming minutes. "Whoo, you've still got it, sweetie-pie! We'll meet up again after I backstab these poor suckers. Ha! I love it!" :evil:

Skiffle silently hurried back to the mouth of the cave, a smarmy look on her face.

11. kuemper Gems: 31/31

The giant was giving her dirty looks, so she stuck out her tongue at him. "Fanten, it was a buddy of mine from Way Back. You know how it is with old friends? Sounds like I missed out on some action. Where's the next killing field?"

12. DarkStrider

Posting as Fanten

"Yes I know well how it is with old friends, Skiffle Nutbunny, just like Valnar is an old friend of mine, but we didn't hide from the rest or be rude to people that were worried. I cannot trust you now, and where I cannot trust something has to change.

"Since you have returned and try to pass it off as a casual acquaintance of old, unlike what it seems the meeting of confederates, I would suggest you leave, but it is not my place to command. So I will return to my grove and bid you all farewell and good luck. Come Fenris"

With that Fanten picked up his pack and staff and strode off, the wolf at his side looking back at Shalm...

13. kuemper Gems: 31/31

"Snob!" she shouted at the leaving man.

Sorcerer's Place is a project run entirely by fans and for fans. Maintaining Sorcerer's Place and a stable environment for all our hosted sites requires a substantial amount of our time and funds on a regular basis, so please consider supporting us to keep the site up & running smoothly. Thank you!

Sorcerers.net is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to products on amazon.com, amazon.ca and amazon.co.uk. Amazon and the Amazon logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.