1. SPS Accounts:
    Do you find yourself coming back time after time? Do you appreciate the ongoing hard work to keep this community focused and successful in its mission? Please consider supporting us by upgrading to an SPS Account. Besides the warm and fuzzy feeling that comes from supporting a good cause, you'll also get a significant number of ever-expanding perks and benefits on the site and the forums. Click here to find out more.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
You are currently viewing Boards o' Magick as a guest, but you can register an account here. Registration is fast, easy and free. Once registered you will have access to search the forums, create and respond to threads, PM other members, upload screenshots and access many other features unavailable to guests.

BoM cultivates a friendly and welcoming atmosphere. We have been aiming for quality over quantity with our forums from their inception, and believe that this distinction is truly tangible and valued by our members. We'd love to have you join us today!

(If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. If you've forgotten your username or password, click here.)

Blood for the Abyss going North

Discussion in 'Role-play Corner' started by Ilmater's Suffering, Feb 23, 2006.

1. deepfae Gems: 7/31
    Latest gem: Tchazar

Culculna breathed a quiet sigh of relief. Making his way towards Deelakaelina, he said: "Would you like me to help you salvage your campsite, millady?" then as an afterthought "To help make up for statling you so, that is."

2. DarkStrider

DarkStrider I've seen the future and it has seen me Distinguished Member

Posting as Deelakaenlina

"Your kindness is appreciated, now tell me about your other companions"

3. deepfae Gems: 7/31

"We are an unusual group" Culculna began "consisting of three different elves, a Gnome, a Human, and a Half-Giant. I'm not sure what brought s together, aside from the will to protect Sunglow. But I think its someting else-after all, Sunglow is the home to none of us, we had all of us just arrived. I think its like the tale of the three explorers of Faerie, who were said to have begun the Elven Race in Faydorn. You know this tale, no?"

4. DarkStrider

Posting as Deelakaenlina

"I am uncertain as to whether I have or not, if you start and I find I have heard it, I'll just stop you"

5. kuemper Gems: 31/31
    Latest gem: Rogue Stone

"I just came along for the money," Skiffle interjected, hoping to forestall a long and probably boring Elven tale of...boring Elven things. ;) "You can either hang around in this damp forest - alone, scared, an easy meal for a snacking dragon - or come along with us." She grabbed the woman by the skirt and looks up at her with beguiling eyes. :bigeyes:

6. deepfae Gems: 7/31

Culculna picked up on Skiffle's hint. "I must tell you another time, Deelakaenlina, but for now it seems as though you have been invited to come with us." Culculna winked at Skiffle. "Besides, we wouldn't want to bore our little friend."

7. DarkStrider

Deela looked down at the gnome smiling "Well it would appear that I will be joining you at least for the moment; or until I find out what happened to my Feyl'a'laidin" this last was said with a note of steel hardening her voice.

8. kuemper Gems: 31/31

:aww: Skiffle felt sad for the lady and rummaged in her pockets, finding what she sought (a quartz rabbit) immediately. She pressed her finding into the woman's hand, saying, "Take this until we find your Fedalalandilandan."

9. Nakia

Nakia The night is mine Distinguished Member ★ SPS Account Holder Adored Veteran Pillars of Eternity SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!) Torment: Tides of Numenera SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!) BoM XenForo Migration Contributor [2015] (for helping support the migration to new forum software!)

Media:
    We will aid you, Deelakaenlina. You are not alone in your quest. Ah, here are others."

They stepped out into the area where the others waited.

"Friends greet Deelakaenlina. We have promised to aid her finding her Feyl'a'laidin."

The captain frowned at this, "We cannot spend time hunting after orcs or whatever. We must get the artifact needed for Sunglow. That is our mission."

10. Elwithral Irenicus Gems: 20/31
    Latest gem: Garnet

Silviras angrily retorted, "She is in need of help! We cannot just leave her here! Sunglow can wait."

11. Nakia

Nakia The night is mine Distinguished Member ★ SPS Account Holder Adored Veteran Pillars of Eternity SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!) Torment: Tides of Numenera SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!) BoM XenForo Migration Contributor [2015] (for helping support the migration to new forum software!)

Media:
    "Captain, these creatures are a danger to us also. If not to help another but your own cause we must find them. They may be part of the troubles. As a wood elf I cannot ignore them. They are a threat to the Forest."

She looks around hopefully at the others.

12. kuemper Gems: 31/31

"They must hand out dingbat badges as well as captaincies in Sunglow," Skif snorted. "Ever cross your thick head that orcs are excellent minions for any evil doer? Then again, so are cats but I ramble. Whoever-" she whispered in an aside to Deela, "plug your ears dear - slaughtered Miss Elfypantaloons' allies more than likely work for the big red firestarter, if you catch my meaning."

13. DarkStrider

Posting as Fanten

I drew myself up to my full height and spoke “Captain, are you really sure you know what you’re doing here? This Elf if I’m not mistaken wears the silver of an Hal’aj’feyl and is on a knowledge quest, which is why she was accompanied by her Feyl'a'laidin, her quest-mates, they were attacked and taken prisoner by Orcs. Orcs that as Skif has already pointed out probably work for Merkades Firedancer, the dragon of these parts, who we’re going to have to deal with somehow. To help her is to help ourselves; you also forget Captain we don’t need you, but you do need us. Make you mind up, we’re helping her so, either leave or come with us. Common decency and honour force us to help anyways, I do so hate bad manners,”

As I finished Valnar said “And, captain the orcs are in our way, we have to do deal with them somehow and as Ja’a’la points out we can’t just ignore them”

Deela then spoke “I am sorry to be a burden, yes I am on a knowledge quest to the gray elf city, there is a book there that my people need.” She then looked at me before continuing, “Are you the Druid that my cousin Glaen sought on his quest? He asked us to look for you for help in my quest, Are you Fanten Hillstrider?”

I replied “Yes lady, I am, how is young Glaen still looking for his path?” to which she just smiled and said “Yes”. Turning back to the captain “Well Captain what is it to be?”

14. deepfae Gems: 7/31

Posting as the captain

The captain grunted, and, turning his back to the rest of the party, paused a long, drwn-out moment before speaking:
    "Alright, we'll help her. But I don't like it. Then turning to Deela, he said:
    "And I'll be watching you. Hamper our mission in any way, and I swear you'll pay in the name of sunglow."

15. DarkStrider

Posting as Fanten

"Right then let's get started Skif, Valnar and Ja'a'la can you start tracking the orcs, find out if they're still carrying the Feyl'a'laidin and what's happening generally, Silviras can you act as go-between the ground scouts and us please as well as scouting from the air. Culculna can you aid Deelakaenlina in recovering anything from the camp, while the captain and I put out the fires. Let's go people, time's a-wasting"

Posting as Deela

I was astonished at the decisions that Fanten was making, he did not sound like the Druid my cousin had known, who he said was a gentle soul, shy and retiring; well he was still gentle but now there was a steely resolve in him as well. Before they left I thanked Skif for the rabbit and as promised gave her the cloth I had left, it was just the right size and shape to make an excellent scarf for the gnome.

Culculna and I quickly searched the camp for anything left by the orcs, but there was little of much use, most had been burnt and the packs taken with them. I had always hated orcs before but now I had more cause. Looking over at the untrusting captain and the giant I told them I was ready to move out.

16. deepfae Gems: 7/31

Culculna stole several glances at Deela while they searched the camp. He felt a profound sadness for her, thinking her a kindred spirit. "Were they your family, those the orcs took away?" asked Culculna of
    Deela.

17. DarkStrider

Posting as Deela

"Not in the normal sense that you mean. As youngsters we are sent on Knowledge quests the Hal’aj’feyl as we call it, companions are chosen to go with us to compliemnt our skills and also to gain experience. These are the Feyl'a'laidin, quest-mates they are there to help us in times of trouble, my cousin Glaen met Fanten on his quest and therefore suggested I meet him as well before going to the city. He is not what I expected"

18. kuemper Gems: 31/31

Once the others were distracted, Skiffle tucked the piece of cloth in her shirt and slinked out into the woods to search for signs of orcs. She forked off on her own trail but within shouting range of the other scouts.

She found a rope snare across a small game trail. Inching closer, she studied it for a moment and prodded it with her sword. When nothing happened, she grew bold and dropped a foot inside the circle of hemp.

The rope tightened immediately, snagging her foot and hoisting her high in the air. She heard bushes rustling. An orc appeared to the left of below her, grunting in Orcish to where s/he'd come from. Skif sawed at the rope with her blade, feeling the strands snap. She fell down hard and caught herself with a tumble so she landed on her feet. She gestured rudely at the orc and took off running toward the rest of her companions.

She found Ja'al'al first. Brushing herself off, Skif took a deep breath and yelled, "ORCS!"

19. Elwithral Irenicus Gems: 20/31
    Latest gem: Garnet

Silviras's eyes darted to the forest, then up. He pumped his wings powerfully, until he was high enough to see most of the forest. He looked down at where the orcs were, the trees were shaking violently as they passed through. He dove for the trees, and stopped short before entering the canopy of leaves.

He let his wings drop him on top of an orc. The orc screamed in pain as a war scythe was sliding between his shoulder blades. Silviras jumped off, flowing on air currents to where his companions were, rushing into the fray.

20. Nakia

Media:
    Shalm joined Fenris in battle while Ja'a'la took to the trees. Moving easily through intertwining branches she found a good spot and began rapid fire of arrows into the orcs.

Sorcerer's Place is a project run entirely by fans and for fans. Maintaining Sorcerer's Place and a stable environment for all our hosted sites requires a substantial amount of our time and funds on a regular basis, so please consider supporting us to keep the site up & running smoothly. Thank you!

Sorcerers.net is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to products on amazon.com, amazon.ca and amazon.co.uk. Amazon and the Amazon logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.