1. SPS Accounts:
    Do you find yourself coming back time after time? Do you appreciate the ongoing hard work to keep this community focused and successful in its mission? Please consider supporting us by upgrading to an SPS Account. Besides the warm and fuzzy feeling that comes from supporting a good cause, you'll also get a significant number of ever-expanding perks and benefits on the site and the forums. Click here to find out more.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
You are currently viewing Boards o' Magick as a guest, but you can register an account here. Registration is fast, easy and free. Once registered you will have access to search the forums, create and respond to threads, PM other members, upload screenshots and access many other features unavailable to guests.

BoM cultivates a friendly and welcoming atmosphere. We have been aiming for quality over quantity with our forums from their inception, and believe that this distinction is truly tangible and valued by our members. We'd love to have you join us today!

(If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. If you've forgotten your username or password, click here.)

Blood for the Abyss going East

Discussion in 'Role-play Corner' started by Ilmater's Suffering, Feb 23, 2006.

1. Daie d'Malkin

Daie d'Malkin Shoulda gone to Specsavers

Soren took her hand and bowed over it, before drawing himself up to his full, formidable height, and introducing himself.

"I am Sir Soren Trueblood, knight of Heironeous. A pleasure to make your acquaintance, lady."

2. Faye

Faye Life is funny. Veteran

Media:
    "The pleasure is all mine, I assure you, Sir Soren," Fei-Xin smiled, bowing.

3. Ilmater's Suffering Gems: 21/31
    Latest gem: Pearl

Orianna noticed Raven walking towards her direction. Orianna found herself stopping what she was doing and began to self-conciously focusing on Raven, unable but to constantly compare Raven's features against her own. Orianna was unaware if she was merely jealous of Raven or if the constant need to compare looks stemmed from the idea that Raven wasn't fully human. The two did share a good number of similar features, though Raven seemed to lack the fangs Orianna had, though that could have been more to do with the fact Raven hardly opened her mouth even when talking. Raven did however seem to always be cool to the touch, while Orianna's almost felt as if molten lava was coursing through her veins.

"Orianna, I was hoping we could talk..."

"Certainly, what about?"

"I would perfer to discuss that somewhere with a bit more privacy."

Orianna raised one her her slender jet balck eyebrows.

"It has to do with sisterhood, my dear demoness."

[ April 01, 2006, 23:26: Message edited by: Ilmater's Suffering ]

4. Daie d'Malkin

Soren nodded brusquely, and looked around for the rest of his group. He saw Orianna and Raven moving away, almost suspiciously, and wondered what on earth that Raven creature was up to.

He gathered the rest of t6he group together, and reminded them that they had a job to do, and assured them that the map Galla had given him would be sufficient to get them to the tower, even without the help of a ranger.

He was moving towards Raven and Orianna when something Raven said caught his ear, and he quickly stepped out of sight, and continued listening.

5. Ilmater's Suffering Gems: 21/31

Raven pulled Orianna into a small, crudely built house.

"I confess I have a secret Orianna, I am more like you then you may think."

"I assume you are a tiefling, we share similar appearance. Where do you come from? The Abyss? Hades? Gehenna? Acheron? The Hells?", Orianna couldn't conceal her destaste for that last plane.

"Hades... I think, I know I am of daemon blood."

"I think Hades is right, I myself don't know much about daemons, I don't think that many people do, they definately aren't as directly involved with mortals as demons and devils are... what traits do you have?"

Raven smiled and opened her mouth reveiling her forked tongue and fangs.

"I've heard of tieflings who had forked tongues, but I've never seen one until know..."

"I have other traits else where, but I would have to undress to show you them. I think if someone where to walk in on that, it might give the wrong impression."

"The wrong impression indeed... thought I might be able to use it to my advantage..."

"I am beginning to wonder how you have managed to avoid settling down somewhere with extensive brood of young ones, it seems as if everything about you has to do with breeding."

"Not breeding, I have no desire for children, at least at this point; just passion and lust."

[ April 02, 2006, 01:30: Message edited by: Ilmater's Suffering ]

6. Daie d'Malkin

Soren's eyes bulged, and a thin line of blood trickled down from his nose, but he quickly sniffed it back up, and leaned closer.

So, Raven was daemonic, eh?

7. Benan Gems: 20/31
    Latest gem: Garnet

"Surprised Paladin." Valis whispered in Sorens ears. "I never thought I'd catch you spying on the two woman we travel with. There you have it, you and the samuri were right. Raven isn't as human as we first thought. Are you still going to do the whole rightous slaughter thing to her.

8. Faye

Media:
    Fei-Xin asks about the quest the group is currently on, as she needs to know what the party's goal is. After getting her answer, she followed the party into the village.

She then noticed the tiefling and the ranger walking away as if in conspiracy, with the paladin and drow following suit to eavesdrop. She brushed it aside, as she cares not for the petty politics of the group and besides, she was new and does not know the story in its entirety. However, should anything threaten the group, she would undoubtedly defend it with all her might. Her goal to reunite with her mentor is her upmost priority and she will let nothing interfere with it.

She would have to wait and see how this unravels, and decide if action needed to be taken or not.

9. Dalamar Maximus Gems: 11/31
    Latest gem: Bloodstone

Jeurson walked up to Fei-Xin,

" Yep that's how it is, I have only been here for a bit and I've become extra baggage," Jeurson stated,' I'm thinking of heading my own way, people here have much nicer coins than where I came from. I might just stay here." He was being truthful, he was not happy and he wouldn't be until they got to the Yuan-ti, or.... a rich noble man with body-guards, body-guards always meant money, and jeurson liked a challenge.

10. Daie d'Malkin

Soren turned to Valis, surprised, and replied in a fierce whisper.

"I wasn't eavesdropping, I came to talk to them, but the words stopped me. As for you 'slaughter', we shall have to see what unfolds. I am still unsure of Raven. I cannot effectively determine her alleigance, good or evil, and I will not trust her until I find proof. Her demonic heritage only helps my suspicions."

11. Faye

Media:
    Fei-Xin smiles. "Master Jeurson, have faith in your own abilities. I am sure the party are in need of your skills and enjoys your presence. Do not be so quick to belittle yourself."

"I am sure that every adventurer's wanderlust will come to an end sooner or later, and wanting to settle down is but a natural thing," says Fei-Xin, nodding. "However, my honor requires me to return to my homeland and my clan and... I cannot bear the thought of being apart from my mentor. I owe him too much..."

12. Ilmater's Suffering Gems: 21/31

"We should find your friends.", said Raven, "I am sure Master Ivellos would like to speak with them. Few know these wildlands better then he does and these are not lands one would like to walk without knowledge when the likes of Igarnus wander these lands.

Raven and Orianna proceeded to exit the small building.

"Igarnus?"

"A very powerful and intelligent werewolf lord who wanders these lands. He is said to press any mercenary he doesn't slay into his service to do tasks he finds too dangerous for his pack. Master Ivellos and Igarnus have a long standing feud and know well the signs the dire werewolf leaves."

13. Benan Gems: 20/31

"I'll judge her by her actions. Not by her race. That seems strange comeing from drow perhaps the most racist and prejudice race in the realms. But I'm not the ordinary dark elf." Valis said as he silently walked away from Soren. "I won't hold you to the same standards. I know that being in the service of a god means that there is no room for the greys that make world work. Especially when all you can see is black and white or good and evil if you prefer."

Catching up to Raven and Orianna, Valis flashed a charmed smile. "I couldn't help but over hear the fact that my dear Raven has demonic blood. You continue to amaze. Now, tell me more of this dire werewolf. My blades are thirsting, they've been resting since Sunglow."

14. Daie d'Malkin

Soren suppressed a scowl, and followed the drow.

He listened to Raven's description of a werewolf plaguing the area, and stored the information away in the back of his mind for later processing.

"I'm sure we already have a task, friends. The werewolf can wait. The besieged city cannot. Our task is of the utmost importance, and we cannot waste time like this. We must press on."

15. Dalamar Maximus Gems: 11/31
    Latest gem: Bloodstone

" Who is your mentor? I don't owe anyone anything, but for reason I would like to belong somewhere. But findind one would be hard I have never been anything other than a ..... cough ..... a .... well you know? Please tell me a story, I am dreafuly bored and I want no part in what the other's are talking about." He motioned to the others in deep whisper. When she was about to protest, he cut in." Wait, please do. We have nothing other to do, and I'll tell of one of my exploits in noblemen's homes!"

Jeurson thought it a fair trade so he left it at that, letting her to rake her memory. He had already thought of one for his story-telling, it was a funny one and still made him smile.

16. Faye

Media:
    Fei-Xin opens her mouth to protest, but Jeurson insisted upon exchanging stories.

"My mentor was my saviour. He... rescued me from myself," started Fei-Xin, but she hesitates to tell the entire story. "He has cared for me ever since, teaching me all I ever knew and I was accepted into his clan. I trained hard to join the elite peacekeepers of my clan, and I was finally accepted as an adjutant, a trainee attached to his team, and he became my mentor, to guide me in my ways within the ranks. He has given me... a place where I finally belong to, and I owe him much for that. If I can find a place that I can belong to... I believe that you can do the same as well."

She then thought hard for awhile trying to pick one of her homeland's folklore.

"Ah, I remember a tragic story originating from my province, a legend of sorts. There was once a young scholar, who fell in love with the daughter of a powerful spiritfolk, a fox spirit. Due to his kind nature and naive ways, the girl fell in love with him as well. This angered the girl's father, who has promised the hand of his daughter to a sea spirit prince. When the scholar came to his abode to ask for his daughter's hand in marriage, he set his guards upon him, beating the poor boy to an inch of his life. After a few weeks, he succumbed to his injuries, and was buried right outside of the village. When the girl learned of this, she cried, day and night, until she cried tears. Unable to bear the burden of separation from her loved one, she ran away from her home one night, and she killed herself with poison right above the scholar's grave. The next day, the villagers have found that in the place of their bodies, two large interwined tree has grown on the scholar's grave. The trees has ever since been standing there, guarding the village and people who wants luck in their love life would go there and pray under the tree."

[ April 05, 2006, 14:52: Message edited by: Faye ]

17. Daie d'Malkin

Soren took a deep breath, and pulled the map from his pocket again. They had to find this tower, they just had to.

A Gate to the Abyss...The prospect sent shivers through him, and he felt the bile rise up his throat. He retched, and swallowed it.

Yet, even as his human side quivered in fear at the memory of Galla's words, the celestial half of his parentage rose and assumed control. WHile the back of his mind screamed in terror, the rest of him stood straighter and he was filled with firm resolve. They would find this artifact.

"Listen, all of you" he raised his voice to be heard by all. "We have to go, now. This tower must be found and explored. The artifact is needed now. If we do not find it soon, you will all die. Then, Sunglow will die. Then the world will die."

He put every last ounce of his charisma into his words, seeking not to charm them into compliance, but instead to persuade, to convince. The mission was so critical, but Raven was pulling them away from thie task, seducing them to her own ends rather than the quest they had originally set out to perform. He toyed with the idea of telling them exactly what the demons intended to do, but it was much wiser to conceal this information, rather than create a panic.

"You can make your choices. You can either save an entire world, or go on a werewolf hunt and risk us all. I am leaving, now, either with you or without."

18. Faye

Media:
    "Sir Soren, perhaps you have misunderstood Raven. She probably means well, and is only warning us about this threat, and not for us to go on a wild hunt for this monster. It does seem wise to me to ask for advice on how best to travel these unfamiliar lands, if only to know how to avoid this dire werewolf or if it comes to it, how to defeat it were we to cross swords," Fei-Xin says to the visibly upset paladin.

Sunglow is seemingly the only way back to her homeland, and having it in ruins would definitely put a wrench in her plans. That is definitely unacceptable to Fei-Xin.

19. Benan Gems: 20/31

Valis shrugged "I suggest you tell us everything you know about whats going to happen to Sunglow." He said with a small spark jumping in his eye. "You seem to be holding back something important oh great chosen of Sunglow. Remember that city is not our home. We are fighting for a cause not a stead."

20. Daie d'Malkin

"I suggest I don't. If you needed to know what was happening, you would already have been told. I was told to keep the reasons for this quest to myself, and I shall do so. The city is not my home either, but I can see the good in such an act, and will fight for what is right, even if it doesn not affect my home. If this troubles you, I suggest you return home now, and guard your own."

Sorcerer's Place is a project run entirely by fans and for fans. Maintaining Sorcerer's Place and a stable environment for all our hosted sites requires a substantial amount of our time and funds on a regular basis, so please consider supporting us to keep the site up & running smoothly. Thank you!

Sorcerers.net is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to products on amazon.com, amazon.ca and amazon.co.uk. Amazon and the Amazon logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.