1. SPS Accounts:
    Do you find yourself coming back time after time? Do you appreciate the ongoing hard work to keep this community focused and successful in its mission? Please consider supporting us by upgrading to an SPS Account. Besides the warm and fuzzy feeling that comes from supporting a good cause, you'll also get a significant number of ever-expanding perks and benefits on the site and the forums. Click here to find out more.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
You are currently viewing Boards o' Magick as a guest, but you can register an account here. Registration is fast, easy and free. Once registered you will have access to search the forums, create and respond to threads, PM other members, upload screenshots and access many other features unavailable to guests.

BoM cultivates a friendly and welcoming atmosphere. We have been aiming for quality over quantity with our forums from their inception, and believe that this distinction is truly tangible and valued by our members. We'd love to have you join us today!

(If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. If you've forgotten your username or password, click here.)

Blasphemy I Know - Baldur's Gate City...

Discussion in 'Baldur's Gate (Classic)' started by ToddMcF2002, Feb 24, 2006.

1. Fly2tHeSkY

Fly2tHeSkY Southern Comfort Veteran

Amen Aikanaro! I disliked the fact that in BGII there was way less exploring to do and pretty much everything was self explanitory but here in BGI everything is much better! You have to do all the work yourself and i think it's great! Especially in the forsets and caves! :D

2. raptor Gems: 16/31
    Latest gem: Shandon

Aikanaro and Silvershield gave it a good description. I love the freedom in the game, i just hapen to like the forests and caves better ;)

I would still take BG1 town above BG2 town any day. And the fact that you CAN skip the entire thing by pushing past Scar just made it a bit better :)

3. Fly2tHeSkY

I think the main reason I liked BG more than BGII was because of the total freedom, which is pretty much the EXACT OPPOSITE of what IWDII offers! BGII still has alot of freedom within, although not as much as the first game. But hey, I guess we should have already known that nothing would live up to the original ey.

4. Caradhras

Caradhras I may be bad... but I feel gooood! Veteran

Media:
    I really love the city experience, it feels much better than Athkatla IMHO.
    No rush at all and no linear progression -you still have to find your way to the different parts of the city before moving freely from one to the other, something which does make sense.

5. ToddMcF2002 Gems: 6/31
    Latest gem: Jasper

Well my 8 year saga is over. BG1Tutu had one final show stopping crash - entering the Temple of Bhaal. Honestly I can't recommend BG1Tutu, I spent hours researching the forums to solve the 4 show stoppers.

The final battle was sort of annoying - I ended up conjuring a few war dogs to trigger Sarovok without his "friends" so he would attack alone. He came over and I used combinations of conjuring the undead and using a Wand of of Monster Summoning and eventually I had my Paladin start swinging buffed with Ogre strength.

Frankly, if I allowed Sarovok's friends to engage the fight I lost every time. I don't really understand why the dev's thought that final battle was balanced. Why the level cap if I have to fight that battle at the end? There were plenty of Sorcerers in that game casting "Confusion" which is a spell ABOVE THE CAP!

Anyway - BG is finally finished ;)

6. Yoshimo's Heart Gems: 13/31
    Latest gem: Ziose

Veteran

Hey Todd try using easytutu (I believe that is what it is called). It it very stable on my computer so far and it isnt a hassle to install (as shown that I installed it and I dont install anything unless it preety much does it on its own). There was a topic about it recently if you want to find. So far it has not consistantly crashed anywhere. It has crashed but I turn it back on and it doesnt crash and I have never needed to go to the forums yet for anything.

7. Cernak Gems: 12/31
    Latest gem: Moonstone

Very nice, guys; but I think the topic is Balder's Gate City.

8. Fly2tHeSkY

I guess some people do really enjoy the BG style of playing better than the BGII style, purely because of the majority of exploration that is required. Personally, that's one of the main reasons I only the game, for the role-playing. But do others prefer the game (the City specifically) to be less complicated and easier to explore? For example, would people rather the City of Baldur's Gate would be more like the Athkatla style of play?

9. Brallrock Gems: 23/31
    Latest gem: Black Opal

Veteran

The biggest problem I had was with how broken up the city was. I much prefer to cruise around Athkatla than Baldurs Gate, but I prefered the rest of the BG1 experience more than BG2. I stalled in the city the first two times I tried to play through the game. There was too much stuff packed into a muttled city for my tastes.

10. Fly2tHeSkY

:lol: that was the main reason I liked it! Busyness suits me more I guess, probably there was so much to do that I just got excited! Still, I think there would've been some things that would've made it easier, like maybe a BGII style journal for the countless quests in the city to make it easier and maybe if it was possible to purchase a map from a merchant in the city that the entire city would be revealed! Just a few things that would've made the whole experience easy! :D

11. auril Gems: 2/31
    Latest gem: Fire Agate

wow, I'm suprised you feel that way. That was one of my favorite chapters- the other being the candlekeep chapter.

Sorcerer's Place is a project run entirely by fans and for fans. Maintaining Sorcerer's Place and a stable environment for all our hosted sites requires a substantial amount of our time and funds on a regular basis, so please consider supporting us to keep the site up & running smoothly. Thank you!

Sorcerers.net is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to products on amazon.com, amazon.ca and amazon.co.uk. Amazon and the Amazon logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.