1. SPS Accounts:
    Do you find yourself coming back time after time? Do you appreciate the ongoing hard work to keep this community focused and successful in its mission? Please consider supporting us by upgrading to an SPS Account. Besides the warm and fuzzy feeling that comes from supporting a good cause, you'll also get a significant number of ever-expanding perks and benefits on the site and the forums. Click here to find out more.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
You are currently viewing Boards o' Magick as a guest, but you can register an account here. Registration is fast, easy and free. Once registered you will have access to search the forums, create and respond to threads, PM other members, upload screenshots and access many other features unavailable to guests.

BoM cultivates a friendly and welcoming atmosphere. We have been aiming for quality over quantity with our forums from their inception, and believe that this distinction is truly tangible and valued by our members. We'd love to have you join us today!

(If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. If you've forgotten your username or password, click here.)

Black Ice (FA)

Discussion in 'Creativity Surge' started by 8people, Jul 20, 2003.

1. Rotku

Rotku I believe I can fly Veteran Pillars of Eternity SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!) New Server Contributor [2012] (for helping Sorcerer's Place lease a new, more powerful server!)

2. 8people

8people 8 is just another way of looking at infinite ★ SPS Account Holder Adored Veteran

Media:
    [​IMG] Milrew looked startled
    "Who on? And why?" Altira glanced at the hooded person
    "Use it on them, don't look at me like that, There's something... odd." Milrew shrugged and half-closed his eyes, staring blankly into thin air. Altira kept looking between him and the hooded figure. Slowly the figure stopped hunching over the bar and straightened up, then looked over their should as if expecting to see someone there, they glanced at the occupants of the bar then returned to face the barman and continued whispering.
    "Altira?"
    "Hmm? What?" he had been busy watching the hooded figure to be listening to Milrew
    "I said she's probably some sort of Psionic, an elf, she's searching for someone, seems to be quite important. I couldn't catch her name though. She seems to be well protected." ALtira nodded slowly and sat for a few seconds, he frowned
    "She??" he glanced back at her, she was wearinga large cloak that his her quite well. But it was still strange to see a woman in a bar, especially one such as this.
    "Altira? Are you actually going to listen to me?"
    "Yeah? What were you saying?"
    "I said: what are we going to do now?"

3. Rotku

Rotku I believe I can fly Veteran Pillars of Eternity SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!) New Server Contributor [2012] (for helping Sorcerer's Place lease a new, more powerful server!)

Altira approches the elf and introduces him/her self.

4. 8people

8people 8 is just another way of looking at infinite ★ SPS Account Holder Adored Veteran

Media:
    [​IMG] Altira walked towards the elf anda strange feeling overcame him, like someone peering over his shoulder and watching through his eyes. Milrew tugged on his sleeve urgently
    "Don't! she's reading you like I read her!" Altira suddenly felt cold, if the elf found out about him he'd be dead. Freaks didn't often last long, he slowly stepped back to where they were before and the feeling of being watched ebbed away. Altira began to drink his drink and immediatly spat it back into the glass, shocked at what he'd just done.
    "Please... tell me that was an accident"
    "Do you honestly think I'd drink that stuff?" He noticed the elf was watching him, "I think we should leave..."

5. Shrikant

Shrikant Swords! Not words! Veteran

Altira jumps on hearing the voices of her pursuers entering the bar, looking for another round of drinks.

6. Rotku

I don't think you can give that much detail can you? I thought we just could say what Altira does, not the rest of the world :confused:

7. Shrikant

Shrikant Swords! Not words! Veteran

Im just saying those guys are not actively looking for her at that moment, thus allowing her/him more of a chance to escape.

In any case, if 8people thinks its too much detail then just consider that the brutes have entered the same bar where these two are hiding

8. 8people

Media:
    [​IMG] You can only control Altira.

9. Rotku

That's what I thought!
    Okay:

Altira heads back out side to the crossroads and heads in the opposite direction to the market, so she heads left.

[ August 22, 2003, 22:59: Message edited by: Rotku ]

10. 8people

Media:
    [​IMG] Correct, RotKU. If you have problem understanding what you are meant to be doing you can look back at previous FAs

Altira leaves the pub, as the door is about to close the elf turns and shouts out
    "wait!" Altira began to run, he ran to the crossroads and down the left road. He came to the gates leaving the City. Milrew stopped beside Altira, panting slightly
    "We're leaving? This is the route to Arcadia isn't it? The City of Magic." Milrew shot a sideways glance at Altira "You hate magic though don't you..."
    "I've had bad experiences with it in the past." Milrew sighed, Altira looked bitter and angry
    "So... are we leaving?"

11. Rotku

Is the elf following us?
    And are the Thugs still in sight?

12. 8people

Media:
    [​IMG] The thugs and the elf are nowhere in sight.

13. Rotku

Well then Altira slowly heads back towards the bar, in search of the elf.

14. 8people

Media:
    [​IMG] Altira turned back and started walking towards the crossroads, aiming to go back to the bar
    "Hey, wait up." Milrew realised he had set up and chased after him
    "It's him! Get him!" the thugs must have caught up with them, the four of them were running at them, there was no way you could get passed them, Milrew turned and looked at the top of the gates where two guards were carrying crossbows
    "Do something!" they laughed cruelly, they seemed to be enjoying the fact something was going to happen below.
    "can't you do anything?"
    "We could close the gate, to give them a better chance at getting you..."
    "...OR we could cloe the gate when you get out. your choice"
    "Either way... you might make good target practice"
    Altira would have to think quickly, the thuga were nearly at them.

15. Rotku

Is there anyone else in the streets? or any near by buildings Altira can hid in? And how many thugs are there?

If not, she asks Milrew if he can cast a fly spell thingy, or an invisibility spell.

16. 8people

Media:
    [​IMG] It is just Altira, Milrew, four thugs and the two guards. Nowhere to run or hide.
    "Milrew, your a wizard, do something!"
    "Like what?" He was looking around for some sort of escape
    "I dunno, haven't you got any spells?"
    "I do-" before he could say anything else several cobblestones rose out from the ground, they hovred for a while, and it was silent as everyone watched them. Then without warning they flew and begin hitting themselves against the thugs they put their arms over their heads and backed away
    "We'll get you for this, Alasir-Tiria! And your little wizard friend!" They began to run away, the stones chasing after them.
    "Altira... I never knew you could do magic."
    "You don't know a lot. But I didn't do that."
    "And what was it they called you? Alasir-Tiria?"
    "It's my name. My real name." Milrew laughed slightly
    "It sounds like a boys name connected to a girls one" Altira said nothing, then noticed a cloaked figure against the side of the building, she seemed almost completely hidden, it was the elf. Was she following him?

17. Rotku

They go up and introduce them selves to the elf, and thank her.

18. 8people

Media:
    [​IMG] Altira takes a step towards the elf and Milrew grabs his sleeve
    "Altira... I don't trust her..."
    "Why not? Do you know something I don't?" Milrew looked away guiltily
    "Tell me now, you stupid boy."
    "She's a member of The Arkaits." He glared at her angrily "They go against everything The Manilites stand for."

In the next City (Arcadia) there are groups of people, like the factions in PS:T, who believe in different ways to study magic. The Arkaits believe the older ways are better while the Manilites think that all new methods should be used and old magic should be destroyed.

However we are in a city that despises magic. So Milrew is probably going to be the only bugger to care.

"So what? I still want to talk to her."
    Altira continues to walk towards her. He is about to call out to her when Altira feels a strange prickling sensation on his neck and realised: The elf was torn between talking to him and fleeing. She wanted to take down her defences so he could talk to her, yet was worried. Altira smiled and turned to Milrew
    "She's obviously new to the city. " he laughed slightly,
    "What's so funny?"
    "Oh nothing. Seems ironic we tried to outrun someone who'd just arrived, I can imagine she won't last long here."
    "That's cruel, Altira. You gonna talk to her or not?"
    The elf was still watching them nervously, she was standing with her back against a wall, as if fighting her desire to run.

19. Rastor Gems: 30/31
    Latest gem: King's Tears

They continue to approach the elf, trying to appear non-threatening.

20. 8people

Media:
    [​IMG] Altira and Milrew walk towards her, they notice she is shaking slightly.
    "So, have you been following us?" Altira tried to sound friendly, but years of living in this damned city kills the nice in you.
    "I... I mean no harm, sir... I am... seeking someone, I think you are that person." Altira glares at her
    "Oh yeah? And what makes you think that?"
    "I am looking for a cursed one, who seeks a true identity... Alasir-Tiria" She glanced at Altira warily, Milrew looked from the elf to Altira and back again. Altira hesitated should he tell the elf or not? He stood silently for a minute, looking at the elf, she was trying to conceal her face with her hood, but Altira could see in the light of outside she was young, her skin was pale and he could see her eyes were an unusual colour, a lavender-blue, she looked away as if afraid of beeing looked at.

Sorcerer's Place is a project run entirely by fans and for fans. Maintaining Sorcerer's Place and a stable environment for all our hosted sites requires a substantial amount of our time and funds on a regular basis, so please consider supporting us to keep the site up & running smoothly. Thank you!

Sorcerers.net is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to products on amazon.com, amazon.ca and amazon.co.uk. Amazon and the Amazon logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.