1. SPS Accounts:
    Do you find yourself coming back time after time? Do you appreciate the ongoing hard work to keep this community focused and successful in its mission? Please consider supporting us by upgrading to an SPS Account. Besides the warm and fuzzy feeling that comes from supporting a good cause, you'll also get a significant number of ever-expanding perks and benefits on the site and the forums. Click here to find out more.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
You are currently viewing Boards o' Magick as a guest, but you can register an account here. Registration is fast, easy and free. Once registered you will have access to search the forums, create and respond to threads, PM other members, upload screenshots and access many other features unavailable to guests.

BoM cultivates a friendly and welcoming atmosphere. We have been aiming for quality over quantity with our forums from their inception, and believe that this distinction is truly tangible and valued by our members. We'd love to have you join us today!

(If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. If you've forgotten your username or password, click here.)

'Birther' case brought by Orly Taitz thrown out of court as frivolous

Discussion in 'Alley of Lingering Sighs' started by Ragusa, Sep 16, 2009.

1. Chandos the Red

Chandos the Red This Wheel's on Fire

Media:
    Hey now, it took the tea potters a long time to make that sign. But I thought Idaho was much more scenic than that. :hmm:

2. Ziad

Ziad I speak in rebuses Veteran

Media:
    That sign is hilarious :D

By the way the little thing under Kenya sounds like "Iowa" phonetically :lol:

3. The Shaman Gems: 28/31
    Latest gem: Star Sapphire

Actually, the sign is perfectly right.

Barack Hussain Obama was born in Kenya, that is beyond any reasonable doubt. Then again, who cares? He's not the US president, Barack Hussain Obama II is ;) .

4. Morgoth

Morgoth La lune ne garde aucune rancune Veteran

Media:
    I didn't know that they wrote arabic in Kenya?

5. NOG (No Other Gods)

NOG (No Other Gods) Going to church doesn't make you a Christian

Media:
    I didn't know they wrote english in Kenya until my mother-in-law pointed out that it was a british colony for a long time. According to this, though, Arabic is getting more popular.

6. Ziad

Ziad I speak in rebuses Veteran

Media:
    Yep it's becoming popular alright. More than 15,000 out of 35 million :lol:

By the way, I don't know what language that is on the sign, but it's not Arabic. Uses the same alphabet (and I assume the same phonetics) though. I would've thought it was Swahili (or one of the variants noted in NOG's link), seeing as it's the official language of the country, except that Kenya has been using the latin alphabet for Swahili for a long time now. Of course there is the possibility the sign doesn't even exist and whoever made the picture just arranged a random set of arabic letters (and judging by the calligraphy I'm tempted to go with this option)

Still funny though :)

7. Drew

Drew Arrogant, contemptible, and obnoxious Adored Veteran

Media:
    Thank God! I was panicking a little bit when I couldn't read the sign...

8. Chandos the Red

Chandos the Red This Wheel's on Fire

Media:
    Sorry, I just had to post this. I know this is tacky and snarky and all, but it was just too funny:

http://www.browardpalmbeach.com/201...ovement-has-her-love-life-displayed-in-court/

9. The Great Snook Gems: 31/31
    Latest gem: Rogue Stone

Adored Veteran

Media:
    That kind of struck me like questioning a rape victim about their sex life.

10. Ragusa

Ragusa Eternal Halfling Paladin Veteran

Media:
    News from the Birther Queen!

(Unsurprisingly) Appeals Court Upholds $20,000 Fine Against Orly Taitz
    Also, she is running for be the Republican candidate for the office of California's secretary of state, responsible for election (oh dear). She told WorldNetDaily that if elected, she will use her office to pursue an investigation of Obama's citizenship. Unsurprisingly.

[​IMG]

Last edited by a moderator: Sep 20, 2015
  11. Aldeth the Foppish Idiot

Aldeth the Foppish Idiot Armed with My Mallet O' Thinking Veteran

Media:
    I just saw this post. It's equal parts humorous and sad.

12. Blackthorne TA

Blackthorne TA Master in his Own Mind Staff Member ★ SPS Account Holder Adored Veteran Pillars of Eternity SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!) New Server Contributor [2012] (for helping Sorcerer's Place lease a new, more powerful server!) Torment: Tides of Numenera SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!)

Media:
    Yay! Orly was one of two candidates I got to choose between in the primary for California Secretary of State. How pathetic is that? I get to choose between a lunatic and an NFL jock.

13. Splunge

Splunge Bhaal’s financial advisor Adored Veteran Pillars of Eternity SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!) Torment: Tides of Numenera SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!)

Media:
    Must be a pretty crappy job if only two people are running for it, and nobody is willing to be the third candidate when the other two are so lame.

14. Blackthorne TA

Blackthorne TA Master in his Own Mind Staff Member ★ SPS Account Holder Adored Veteran Pillars of Eternity SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!) New Server Contributor [2012] (for helping Sorcerer's Place lease a new, more powerful server!) Torment: Tides of Numenera SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!)

Media:
    Yeah, it's not a very interesting job; at least it doesn't seem complicated either so should be hard to screw up.

15. Ragusa

Media:
    After losing her bid to become California Secretary of State - she got (scarily enough) 368.000 votes - Orly Taitz is focusing again on that $ 20.000 fine Judge Land has imposed on her: She is refusing to pay, and has carried her appeal to ... the supreme court, sort of:
    I find it hilarious that she, after having her motion denied, concludes that the letter she received must have been ... forged (my conclusion since she apparently questions the authenticity of Chief Justice John Roberts' signature) ... because such things (her reasonable motions being denied) don't happen on the Supreme Court.

Also unresolved are her issues with the complain filed against her with the California bar. So we'll keep on hearing from her.

16. Ragusa

Media:
    The Supreme Court has upheld the $20,000 fine against Orly:
    I'm curious whether she'll pay the fine.

17. Ragusa

Media:
    Orly Taitz mulls a Senate Run - because she speaks Spanish and Hebrew:
    And now to the stuff of nightmares:
    [​IMG]

18. Blackthorne TA

Media:
    She's a dentist too? How funny is that?

I haven't seen her mentioned in the news lately, but I can't imagine Feinstein losing to a crazy person even though I can't stand Feinstein.

19. Aldeth the Foppish Idiot

Aldeth the Foppish Idiot Armed with My Mallet O' Thinking Veteran

Media:
    Oh, FFS - won't she go away? Although i guess she needs a new career - wasn't she de-barred a while back?

20. Death Rabbit

Death Rabbit Straight, no chaser Adored Veteran Torment: Tides of Numenera SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!)

Media:
    Eh, this is nutpicking. I don't think Taitz is even a nuisance-level threat to anyone anymore.

Sorcerer's Place is a project run entirely by fans and for fans. Maintaining Sorcerer's Place and a stable environment for all our hosted sites requires a substantial amount of our time and funds on a regular basis, so please consider supporting us to keep the site up & running smoothly. Thank you!

Sorcerers.net is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to products on amazon.com, amazon.ca and amazon.co.uk. Amazon and the Amazon logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.