1. SPS Accounts:
    Do you find yourself coming back time after time? Do you appreciate the ongoing hard work to keep this community focused and successful in its mission? Please consider supporting us by upgrading to an SPS Account. Besides the warm and fuzzy feeling that comes from supporting a good cause, you'll also get a significant number of ever-expanding perks and benefits on the site and the forums. Click here to find out more.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
You are currently viewing Boards o' Magick as a guest, but you can register an account here. Registration is fast, easy and free. Once registered you will have access to search the forums, create and respond to threads, PM other members, upload screenshots and access many other features unavailable to guests.

BoM cultivates a friendly and welcoming atmosphere. We have been aiming for quality over quantity with our forums from their inception, and believe that this distinction is truly tangible and valued by our members. We'd love to have you join us today!

(If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. If you've forgotten your username or password, click here.)

'Birther' case brought by Orly Taitz thrown out of court as frivolous

Discussion in 'Alley of Lingering Sighs' started by Ragusa, Sep 16, 2009.

1. Ragusa

Ragusa Eternal Halfling Paladin Veteran

Media:
  2. LKD Gems: 31/31
    Latest gem: Rogue Stone

Veteran

Surely something can be done about this Orly idiot. A huge honking fine, followed by a jail term if its not paid, would be a fine start. What a waste of skin.

3. NOG (No Other Gods)

NOG (No Other Gods) Going to church doesn't make you a Christian

Media:
    I don't know if she could be brought up for contempt of court, but surely she could be brought up before the bar association, right?

4. Ragusa

Media:
    I think it can be said with great certainty that Taitz showed a general lack of respect towards the office and personal dignity of Judge Land when she accused the judge in her court filings and in interviews of treason and when she implied bribery or suggested him to hold a bias against her and that he was 'colluding against her and her ex-client with Eric Holder and the Justice Department. All that can very well be summed up as 'contempt of court'. She will get her fine, she's practically begging for it.

I presume she could be brought before the bar association for professional misconduct. That's a separate matter.

5. dmc

dmc Speak softly and carry a big briefcase Staff Member Distinguished Member ★ SPS Account Holder Resourceful Adored Veteran New Server Contributor [2012] (for helping Sorcerer's Place lease a new, more powerful server!)

Media:
    The judge could refer her to the State Bar for review and sanctions. The State Bar moves slower than a glacier dipped in molasses, so don't hold your breath.

6. Ragusa

Media:
    Predictably Taitz was fined ... fined $ 20.000 that is, twice the sum what was originally threatened, quite obviously because of Taitz' ... confrontational conduct. Judge land wrote:
    He expressly states that the high fine is both meant as punishment and to serve as a deterrence, and threatens enforcement of the fine if she doesn't pay within 30 days.

Mrs. Taitz claims she is unimpressed, and declared to not want to pay the fine. So the show will go on. I didn't expect anything else :shake:

Chandos the Red likes this.
  7. LKD Gems: 31/31

Veteran

What an utter twit. She's gonna lose her licence if she keeps this stuff up. On the other hand, she's a blonde, and I've always had a weakness for blondes.

8. AMaster Gems: 26/31
    Latest gem: Diamond

Media:
    Yeah, don't give the government its money, I'm sure that will work out well for you.

Similarly, I've decided I'm not paying taxes this year. Er. Income taxes, anyway. I suppose I can't avoid sales tax.

9. Ragusa

Media:
    Taitz remarked in an interview that the letter of her ex-client renouncing her mandate may be a forgery.

Hilarious.

In a lawyer's perspective, Taitz is simply being impertinent - in demanding the other side to prove everything that doesn't fit her narrative. I lost my mandate? Prove it! You got a letter? It is false! Prove to me that it is real! etc. pp. the same tactic that she's been employing in peddling the certifiably fake Kenian birth certificate.

This here is the real one btw (full res here).

[​IMG]

Last edited by a moderator: Sep 20, 2015
  10. LKD Gems: 31/31

Veteran

The real one, certified fake? You've got me confused, Ragusa. Do you mean the original document that was used by birthers?

11. Ragusa

Media:
    I have no idea what you're talking about.

12. dmc

dmc Speak softly and carry a big briefcase Staff Member Distinguished Member ★ SPS Account Holder Resourceful Adored Veteran New Server Contributor [2012] (for helping Sorcerer's Place lease a new, more powerful server!)

Media:
    The bottom left gold seal says "certified fake." The rest of it is pretty funny as well.

13. Blackthorne TA

Blackthorne TA Master in his Own Mind Staff Member ★ SPS Account Holder Adored Veteran Pillars of Eternity SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!) New Server Contributor [2012] (for helping Sorcerer's Place lease a new, more powerful server!) Torment: Tides of Numenera SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!)

Media:
    Lucifer lives in Honolulu Hawaii?! :lol:

14. Blades of Vanatar

Blades of Vanatar Vanatar will rise again Adored Veteran Pillars of Eternity SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!)

That's funny, I thought I was in HEAVEN when I stayed at the Hilton Hawaiian Village in Waikiki. :D

15. LKD Gems: 31/31

Veteran

I was referring to this: the real one -- the real fake? the real birth certificate, certified fake? It was just an odd wording choice that confused me a little bit. It is funny as heck, though.

Ragusa likes this.
  16. Ragusa

Media:
    Trifles! Begone!

17. NOG (No Other Gods)

NOG (No Other Gods) Going to church doesn't make you a Christian

Media:
    Obviously Beelzebub lives on a different island. Maybe that new one that just came up from the sea? It's nice and volcanic after all.

18. The Great Snook Gems: 31/31

Adored Veteran

Media:
    Disclosure- I'm only posting this AP article for entertainment purposes.

I am resolved that Obama is our legitimate President. However, I do consider him a fool for not having a press conference in which he presents his original birth certificate and he should invite Michael Savage, Rush Limbuaugh, Michelle Malkin, and probably a dozen others and at the end of the press conference he should present them with his birth certificate so they can inspect/verify it. To me, this is the only way that this issue will be put to bed. Otherwise it will never go away.

19. Ragusa

Media:
    Of course birtherism is nonsense. If Obama is a fool for not inviting Michael Savage, Rush Limbaugh, Michelle Malkin and the other kooks at the end of the press conference - what are they to press birtherism, nonsense that is?

If one sais something patently false, in the clear knowledge it is false, in order to discredit someone, that's called defamation.

For the press conference idea to work, your culprits need to be interested in coming to Obama in the first place. I doubt that they are. He can tell them whatever he wants, it is of no consequence to their assertions. They will not concede anything. They are not interested in that; they don't make money with it. They peddle outrage and feast off scandal. They won't burn their pay check by calling Obama a legitimate president, unless they absolutely have to (as when someone puts the proverbial gun to their heads).

And do you really think someone can reason with Orly Taitz, or convince her with evidence? After all, and it has gotten lost in all the noise, Obama has shown his birth certificate and given it to the press, in June 16, 2008 actually. Nevertheless, the 'debate' is still there, which suggests what?

The birth certificate is just the pretext. The problem they have with Obama is something else.

20. The Great Snook Gems: 31/31

Adored Veteran

Media:
    The reason the birthers have a problem with the birth certificate you posted is that it is a copy and not the original. Now it is entirely possible that he doesn't have the original (which would probably only reflect poorly on his mother) and if that is the case he should say so. The conspiracy nuts will never let it go without an original. I know I have my original birth certificate (so does the Mrs. and teen Snook).

Sorcerer's Place is a project run entirely by fans and for fans. Maintaining Sorcerer's Place and a stable environment for all our hosted sites requires a substantial amount of our time and funds on a regular basis, so please consider supporting us to keep the site up & running smoothly. Thank you!

Sorcerers.net is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to products on amazon.com, amazon.ca and amazon.co.uk. Amazon and the Amazon logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.