1. SPS Accounts:
    Do you find yourself coming back time after time? Do you appreciate the ongoing hard work to keep this community focused and successful in its mission? Please consider supporting us by upgrading to an SPS Account. Besides the warm and fuzzy feeling that comes from supporting a good cause, you'll also get a significant number of ever-expanding perks and benefits on the site and the forums. Click here to find out more.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
You are currently viewing Boards o' Magick as a guest, but you can register an account here. Registration is fast, easy and free. Once registered you will have access to search the forums, create and respond to threads, PM other members, upload screenshots and access many other features unavailable to guests.

BoM cultivates a friendly and welcoming atmosphere. We have been aiming for quality over quantity with our forums from their inception, and believe that this distinction is truly tangible and valued by our members. We'd love to have you join us today!

(If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. If you've forgotten your username or password, click here.)

BioWare Not Developing Baldur's Gate 3?

Discussion in 'Baldur's Gate 3' started by Jaguar, Sep 26, 2004.

1. Jaguar Gems: 27/31
    Latest gem: Emerald

Veteran

I was talking to a guy at a computer shop and we got to talking about BG3 when he informed me that he had gone to [snip] and read that BioWare was not developing Baldur's Gate 3.

The short blurb says:

Now, I don't have any other info, and I may have missed it on the front page news, but I was wodering if anybody here knew any more.

[ September 26, 2004, 17:44: Message edited by: Taluntain ]

2. Equester Gems: 18/31
    Latest gem: Horn Coral

Veteran

It's true Bioware is not developing BG3. As far as I know, no one has been announced to be working on it. The only thing that has been confirmed is that Atari has announced that a BG3 is being made.

3. Taluntain

Taluntain Resident Alpha and Omega Staff Member ★ SPS Account Holder Resourceful Adored Veteran Pillars of Eternity SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!) New Server Contributor [2012] (for helping Sorcerer's Place lease a new, more powerful server!) Torment: Tides of Numenera SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!) BoM XenForo Migration Contributor [2015] (for helping support the migration to new forum software!)

Media:
    [​IMG] Great, posting a blurb found and by reported by SP, and giving credit to a site that copied it. :rolleyes: I edited out the link and site name, we really don't want to give credit to people reposting our news without acknowledging where they got it.

Here's the original post: http://www.sorcerers.net/cgi-bin/ultimatebb.cgi?/topic/27/165.html

4. Rednik Gems: 21/31
    Latest gem: Pearl

I'm not pleased with the fact that Atari is developing it, as they are a bunch of profit-driven bastards. Hopefully, a good developer will balance out having Atari as the publisher, such as Troika or Obsidian. I don't want Stormfront doing BG3.

5. Mollusken Gems: 24/31
    Latest gem: Water Opal

As far as I know, it's definitly not Obsidian.

6. Equester Gems: 18/31
    Latest gem: Horn Coral

Veteran

I'm crossing my fingers for troika, since we can't have Bioware. Obsedian would probably be good to, but they are quit busy it seems :D

7. Taluntain

Taluntain Resident Alpha and Omega Staff Member ★ SPS Account Holder Resourceful Adored Veteran Pillars of Eternity SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!) New Server Contributor [2012] (for helping Sorcerer's Place lease a new, more powerful server!) Torment: Tides of Numenera SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!) BoM XenForo Migration Contributor [2015] (for helping support the migration to new forum software!)

Media:
    If it is Troika, they'll have to put way more effort into the game than they did with ToEE... not to mention decent QA and bug catching process.

8. Eryendil Gems: 1/31
    Latest gem: Turquoise

Well, it's not that Troika didn't want to put more effort in ToEE. They just didn't get the time to develop it any better. Contract was running to an end and they couldn't get it renewed so they had to deliver the game the state it was in when the contract ended, with no certainty at all of any official patches being made.

9. Taluntain

Media:
    Actually, Troika even got an extension on the development timeframe they knew in advance. They were also handed the list of things to cut out from ToEE at the same time, but still, that's no excuse for the state they shipped the game in, or for the fans having to beg for every patch and wait for months for it to be delivered. Even two patches later, the game is still severely bugged, and there's little hope of the patch to make it work with SP2 coming out any time soon.

10. Enagonios Gems: 31/31
    Latest gem: Rogue Stone

'nuff said. this is the 1st game in a long time that I couldn't bring myself to finish.

11. ion Gems: 5/31
    Latest gem: Andar

When I read the reviews about how buggy TOEE was I decided to wait. I bought it about 2 weeks ago for 20 bucks and got through the game just fine. Pretending like a games release date is 6 months later than it actually is a great way to deal with buggy software.

12. Shalladeth Is it ignorance or apathy? I don't know and I don'

I have my doubts as to how good BG3 can be without it using the infinity engine. Since the Ultima series, I haven't really bothered replaying any games I've bought except for the Baldur's Gate and Icewind Dale games.

13. Fhjull Forked-Tongue Gems: 2/31
    Latest gem: Fire Agate

Atari ????????

I cant believe that they are allowed to even be involved in such a project as BG3

I hope they dont do to BG what they did to Pacman HA - remember that pice of dung?

Thats like going to see a movie like Dungeons and Dragons expecting to see a BG style story but instead seeing the movie the way it was released HA - another piece of dung

14. Apeman Gems: 25/31
    Latest gem: Moonbar

Veteran

If Bioware doesn't make the game it will never be good as it was. It may be better in terms of rules and graphics and even story, but they can never attain the same atmosphere Bioware smashed upon the sword coast.

I sincerely hope that Dragon Age will be as big as Baldur's Gate 1 was when it came out. That way it's their own world and they will have the rights for se/prequels.

Sorcerer's Place is a project run entirely by fans and for fans. Maintaining Sorcerer's Place and a stable environment for all our hosted sites requires a substantial amount of our time and funds on a regular basis, so please consider supporting us to keep the site up & running smoothly. Thank you!

Sorcerers.net is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to products on amazon.com, amazon.ca and amazon.co.uk. Amazon and the Amazon logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.