1. SPS Accounts:
    Do you find yourself coming back time after time? Do you appreciate the ongoing hard work to keep this community focused and successful in its mission? Please consider supporting us by upgrading to an SPS Account. Besides the warm and fuzzy feeling that comes from supporting a good cause, you'll also get a significant number of ever-expanding perks and benefits on the site and the forums. Click here to find out more.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
You are currently viewing Boards o' Magick as a guest, but you can register an account here. Registration is fast, easy and free. Once registered you will have access to search the forums, create and respond to threads, PM other members, upload screenshots and access many other features unavailable to guests.

BoM cultivates a friendly and welcoming atmosphere. We have been aiming for quality over quantity with our forums from their inception, and believe that this distinction is truly tangible and valued by our members. We'd love to have you join us today!

(If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. If you've forgotten your username or password, click here.)

Bioware Developer Profile

Discussion in 'Game/SP News & Comments' started by NewsPro, Dec 11, 2001.

1. NewsPro Gems: 30/31
    Latest gem: King's Tears

(Originally posted by Darien)

RPGVault recently posted a profile of Bioware's Community Manager for Neverwinter Nights, Jay Watamaniuk. What are the responsibilities of the person holding this newly created position? Read on:

Jay Watamaniuk: In general, my job revolves around making sure the gamer gets what they need from BioWare or the community to have the best gaming experience they can have with NWN. For some, it will mean being able to make modules; for others, it will mean downloading new bits and pieces for NWN to add to and change the experience or simply getting together with friends online to go adventuring.

Jonric: Since you spoke about goals, what do you consider the key ones, and what do you see as the main challenges before you?

Jay Watamaniuk:
    Specifically, I would like to see a community site on the web that has an area for every aspect of the game; from DMs wanting to develop modules to players who are looking for information on Thieves Guilds or how they can start a guild. There are several examples of Community Pages on the net I am taking a look at that are remarkable in their set-up and content. I hope to develop something new for NWN by learning from the best I can find. I would consider the planning and implementation of such a site would be a short-term goal. The challenge being to try and include all aspects of a game that involves so much back history, so much passion from lifelong gamers and so many details in one place in a reasonable and clear set-up. My long-term goals involve proving that Mole people rule the world through a series of underground tunnels. *wack* Hey, those are my knuckles, Brad!

Read more more about Bioware's Community Manager.

Sorcerer's Place is a project run entirely by fans and for fans. Maintaining Sorcerer's Place and a stable environment for all our hosted sites requires a substantial amount of our time and funds on a regular basis, so please consider supporting us to keep the site up & running smoothly. Thank you!

Sorcerers.net is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to products on amazon.com, amazon.ca and amazon.co.uk. Amazon and the Amazon logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.