1. SPS Accounts:
    Do you find yourself coming back time after time? Do you appreciate the ongoing hard work to keep this community focused and successful in its mission? Please consider supporting us by upgrading to an SPS Account. Besides the warm and fuzzy feeling that comes from supporting a good cause, you'll also get a significant number of ever-expanding perks and benefits on the site and the forums. Click here to find out more.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
You are currently viewing Boards o' Magick as a guest, but you can register an account here. Registration is fast, easy and free. Once registered you will have access to search the forums, create and respond to threads, PM other members, upload screenshots and access many other features unavailable to guests.

BoM cultivates a friendly and welcoming atmosphere. We have been aiming for quality over quantity with our forums from their inception, and believe that this distinction is truly tangible and valued by our members. We'd love to have you join us today!

(If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. If you've forgotten your username or password, click here.)

BG1 thru to ToB?

Discussion in 'BG2: Throne of Bhaal (Classic)' started by FSFunky, Jul 29, 2001.

1. Avooch Dar Guest

Already taken my solo paladin through up to tob so i am going good.

2. Gnolyn Lochbreaker Gems: 13/31
    Latest gem: Ziose

I just started back in BG1 with a Dwarven Fighter/Cleric. Up till now I've played the entire series with my own party in multi-player, except for the odd NPC now and then. I'm going to try to keep the story intact by limiting my party to Jaheira, Imoen, Khalid, Minsc and Dynaheir -- just for the role-playing aspects (even though Khalid can get on my nerves).

I'm certainly not the power gamer some of are though! 72 Hours!?! My butt would fall off. I figure this will keep me busy until Neverwinter Nights comes out. I missed the more open aspects of BG1 while playing SOA and ToB, so I plan on covering every inch of ground in each part of the series.

3. Sprite Gems: 15/31
    Latest gem: Waterstar

Right now I'm trying out the undead hunter kit in BGII so I can't start back at the beginning. But as soon as I'm finished SoA this time, I'm going to do all three games... solo... as Aerie! Wish me luck...

4. FSFunky Gems: 1/31
    Latest gem: Turquoise

Aaack! I'm having withdrawal. I haven't been able to play all week. Because at day it's far too hot to survive (It's 35 Degrees Celcius in the room where the computer is) and at night we're having gigs almost every day (I'm in a band.).

Must... Play... Soon... Don't... Have... Enough... RPG... Rush... This... Week...

,FSFunky

5. theholygit Gems: 7/31
    Latest gem: Tchazar

[​IMG] I've started all over again with a female half elf M/C Thief Mage, true neutral. I am using the infinity engine pro to create my chars weapons so it's my own customised game (i got fed up with all these NPC's having their own weapons, like haer dalis, so just created some for me). At the moment i have gone through chapter 1 and 2, and i am in the naskel mines, but i have done basicaly every quest available at this stage. I have a question, why is Sendai in this game, as an anmish hunter, when she appears as a drow in TOB. I mean you can even kill her in TOB.

6. Big B Gems: 27/31
    Latest gem: Emerald

I noticed a couple of people with similar names from BG-ToB. It doesn't mean it's the same person. It would be unrealistic if everybody had different names.

7. Rothgar Gems: 2/31
    Latest gem: Fire Agate

[​IMG] I have played my Human Chaotic Good Fighter(9)/Cleric through BG1 to somewhere in ToB. He was great at frontline fighting (even with just 9 Fighter levels) and a killer priest. I'm now playing a Paladin (he has amazing stats :D) through Baldur's Gate I. I plan to take him all the way through to Throne of Bhaal.

8. Earl Grey

Earl Grey Mmm... hot tea! Veteran

9. TheBlackRose Gems: 13/31
    Latest gem: Ziose

Again, continually update us, Earl. I still remember the epic tales of Gloin, Sarah Stubbletoe, and the Speed Solo. :)

10. SleepleSS Gems: 24/31
    Latest gem: Water Opal

[​IMG] Yes I did it with my fighter mage! It's really cool to do it you really grow attached to your caracter, and that's the way a D&D game should be!

11. Sir Dargorn Gems: 21/31
    Latest gem: Pearl

Just started with a fighter tonight, to be DC'ed to a cleric at level 2

Stats: str 18 dex 18 cons 15 int 14 wis 18 and cha 10. total 93, not bad.....it's no 97 sure, but still, not bad.

12. Volar Blackmane Gems: 16/31
    Latest gem: Shandon

Am I the only freak who has done it with a druid, and only with a druid? :p

13. Sir Dargorn Gems: 21/31
    Latest gem: Pearl

yeah i did that in august too, druid turned to shapeshifter solo. Difficult, very difficult.

14. Volar Blackmane Gems: 16/31
    Latest gem: Shandon

Eww, soloing the final fight in ToB with a druid? I have trouble doing it with a six-person party.

15. Klorox

Klorox Baruk Khazad! Khazad ai-mĂȘnu! Veteran

Wow, I'm doing the exact same thing!

I'm currently level 4/4, and I have not decided if I will dual class Imoen yet.

16. Evil Dad Gems: 15/31
    Latest gem: Waterstar

Done it with two characters now. Going from Bg1 to BG2:SOA/TOB is a great experience and well worth the effort. I think Clerics/Druids benefit the most from the exercise because of the +3 Wisdom available from the tomes.

1) Druid - Human, Male, TN - S17, D17, C15, I10, W18, Ch16

With the tomes in BG1 ended up with 18 18 16 11 21 17. Became a Shapeshifter in BG2 and this character just rocked.

2) Bard - HalfElf, Male, CN - S18, D18, C15, I15, W10, Ch18

With the tomes 19 19 16 16 13 19. Became a Blade in BG2 and was just awesome in melee and with the right use of spells could wipe out anything thrown at me.

17. Jaguar Gems: 27/31
    Latest gem: Emerald

Veteran

[​IMG] One of the things that I am suprised that all of you missed are the two major benifits of running from BG1 through TotSC, into SoA and ending in ToB.

The first and major reason is for your stats. For example, one of my characters which I took through was a paladin that started with: str 18, dex 17, cons 17, int 10, wis 18 and cha 17 (and man, how many rolls it took to get that 97). At the end of BG1, thanks to the helpful books of dex, str, int, wis, and con, all of which are scattered through the game, I had managed to get str 19, dex 18, cons 18, int 11, wis 19 and cha 18. One pumped up paladin :grr: , with total stats of 103.

That reason alone is almost enough to run through the entire series.

<SLIGHT SPOILER>
    <>
    <>
    <>
    <>
    <>
    <>
    <>
    <>
    <>
    <>

The second reason, and its a good one, is that you can get a certain pair of golden pantaloons in BG1 which, if you carry them into SoA, will become very useful in ToB after you gather the silver and bronze versions.

18. Death Whisper Gems: 9/31
    Latest gem: Iol

i've done it a very few times.

last time i ended up with a overpowered undead hunter (changed to undead hunter when starting soa).

Edoran Dreadhunter
    Bg1: paladin
    stats:
    str: 18
    dex: 18
    con: 18
    int: 11
    wis: 14
    cha: 18

that was the starting stats, top that with the tomes scattered around bg1, watchers keep, hell challenges and the other and you get a overpowered undead hunter wielding carsomyr or mace of disruption+shield of balduran :rolleyes:

if i wanna do it again? sure :D

but first im going to put my other plan into motion (mages only, and the mages can only cast the spell of their school....well, you prolly know what i mean).

oki, im been raving to much and i'll put a stop to it here.

cheers!

Sorcerer's Place is a project run entirely by fans and for fans. Maintaining Sorcerer's Place and a stable environment for all our hosted sites requires a substantial amount of our time and funds on a regular basis, so please consider supporting us to keep the site up & running smoothly. Thank you!

Sorcerers.net is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to products on amazon.com, amazon.ca and amazon.co.uk. Amazon and the Amazon logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.