1. SPS Accounts:
    Do you find yourself coming back time after time? Do you appreciate the ongoing hard work to keep this community focused and successful in its mission? Please consider supporting us by upgrading to an SPS Account. Besides the warm and fuzzy feeling that comes from supporting a good cause, you'll also get a significant number of ever-expanding perks and benefits on the site and the forums. Click here to find out more.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
You are currently viewing Boards o' Magick as a guest, but you can register an account here. Registration is fast, easy and free. Once registered you will have access to search the forums, create and respond to threads, PM other members, upload screenshots and access many other features unavailable to guests.

BoM cultivates a friendly and welcoming atmosphere. We have been aiming for quality over quantity with our forums from their inception, and believe that this distinction is truly tangible and valued by our members. We'd love to have you join us today!

(If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. If you've forgotten your username or password, click here.)

BG1: 1 Hour of Gameplay, expectations exceded.

Discussion in 'Baldur's Gate (Classic)' started by Camthalion, Oct 4, 2005.

1. kmonster Gems: 24/31
    Latest gem: Water Opal

Veteran

@Camthalion: Did you really roll this odd stats or did you adjust them ?

You cannot dual from or to Paladin, neither in BG1 nor in BG2 or Tutu (unless you find a hack which allows this).

You can't dualclass two classes unless you can create a multiclass character having both classes.

Your fighter stats seem perfect for dualing to cleric at level 3-6, but if you haven't distributed the skill points 2+2 to sling and warhammer or flail (weapons a cleric can use) then you'd better create a new one.

It is pretty easy to get a better roll for a Paladin than yours since you can adjust the stats and wisdom is even more useless than int both for Fighters and Paladins while dexterity isn't.

Even if it was possible to dual from fighter to paladin, a fighter dualed at level 6 would be weaker because of the XPCap.

A paladin is a fighter with some extra skills. His only disadvantages are that he can only have 2 stars in 3 weapons instead of 3 stars in 2 weapons and that he can become fallen.

2. raptor Gems: 16/31
    Latest gem: Shandon

unless you reprogram the entire game that is not posible. classes and multiclasses are hardcoded.

3. olimikrig

olimikrig Cavalier of War Distinguished Member ★ SPS Account Holder Resourceful Veteran Pillars of Eternity SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!) Torment: Tides of Numenera SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!) BoM XenForo Migration Contributor [2015] (for helping support the migration to new forum software!)

Media:
    What you could do is to dual to, say, cleric, and then use SK to change your second class to Paladin :rolleyes: ...

4. Felinoid

Felinoid Who did the what now? ★ SPS Account Holder

That's what Ease-of-Use is for; the "higher stacking" component is practically a prerequisite.

5. Enagonios Gems: 31/31
    Latest gem: Rogue Stone

bah, the inconvenience is all part of the experience :p

i made all my characters fill up their inventories with arrows and bullets when we went hunting for dark elves :evil:

6. Baronius

Baronius Mental harmony dispels the darkness ★ SPS Account Holder Veteran

BG1 is freedom and reality, BG2 is NPC-mania and irreality. BG2 is still a masterpiece, but BG1 is a much bigger one. :)
    Enjoy BG1, and don't rush anything, as someone has posted. You cannot play it slow enough, especially if you are a new player. It can cause surprise even to me, one of those who know the secrets of it the best. The best computer game... just don't get killed (too many times), if you do, don't even think about cheat (many players do so), be(come) the best and solve the toughest battle! Good luck!

7. Camthalion Gems: 1/31
    Latest gem: Turquoise

Thanks for the input guys...I remade my character into a Pally. Yeah I adjusted his stats, sat there for the 15 minutes waiting for a good roll (basically waiting for a decent STR roll then looking at the rest). Having lots of fun...and man is it ever involved. Its been a long time since i'd play a RPG and carefully consider any risks when going into a new area.

What I really like is the time it takes to level up...i'm a LV2 pally with no turning ability. Now this is a bit frusterating...but man when I get it is going to be such a reward!I just cant get over how much NWN is lacking in some of these basic elements that made the BG's such fantastic games.

8. Lynadin Gems: 11/31
    Latest gem: Bloodstone

You're absolutely right ;)

Sorcerer's Place is a project run entirely by fans and for fans. Maintaining Sorcerer's Place and a stable environment for all our hosted sites requires a substantial amount of our time and funds on a regular basis, so please consider supporting us to keep the site up & running smoothly. Thank you!

Sorcerers.net is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to products on amazon.com, amazon.ca and amazon.co.uk. Amazon and the Amazon logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.