1. SPS Accounts:
    Do you find yourself coming back time after time? Do you appreciate the ongoing hard work to keep this community focused and successful in its mission? Please consider supporting us by upgrading to an SPS Account. Besides the warm and fuzzy feeling that comes from supporting a good cause, you'll also get a significant number of ever-expanding perks and benefits on the site and the forums. Click here to find out more.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
You are currently viewing Boards o' Magick as a guest, but you can register an account here. Registration is fast, easy and free. Once registered you will have access to search the forums, create and respond to threads, PM other members, upload screenshots and access many other features unavailable to guests.

BoM cultivates a friendly and welcoming atmosphere. We have been aiming for quality over quantity with our forums from their inception, and believe that this distinction is truly tangible and valued by our members. We'd love to have you join us today!

(If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. If you've forgotten your username or password, click here.)

BG1: 1 Hour of Gameplay, expectations exceded.

Discussion in 'Baldur's Gate (Classic)' started by Camthalion, Oct 4, 2005.

1. Camthalion Gems: 1/31
    Latest gem: Turquoise

Man my first time playing yesterday....this game is awsome.I cant wait to play it through, then replay BG2 with my charcter.

2. raptor Gems: 16/31
    Latest gem: Shandon

:)

(my useless post of the week)

3. kuemper Gems: 31/31
    Latest gem: Rogue Stone

Great to hear. Any questions or comments, let us know. You'll find lots of nice, helpful people around here. :wave:

4. Klorox

Klorox Baruk Khazad! Khazad ai-mĂȘnu! Veteran

Have fun... I found BGI to be more enjoyable than BGII!

5. Lynadin Gems: 11/31
    Latest gem: Bloodstone

Well the game *is* about 6 years old, so what can i say... About time, friend :shake:

6. Camthalion Gems: 1/31

Heh...thats about how long it takes for me to get a computer worthy of running these games. Six years from now I should be able to run doom3.

But I had never played BG before. I played BG2 3 years ago (not TOB) and I played IWD and IWD2 and loved it all. I dunno why, but after playing NWN for a long time I realized I got much more out of BG2 so it would be nice to rediscover that great feeing I got playing those games, this time starting from the begining.That and RPG's these days are crap and i'm still awaiting the imaginary "Forgotton Realms Online" mmorpg that haunts my dreams and tells me "if you build it they will come".

7. Colthrun

Colthrun Walk first in the forest and last in the bog Veteran

BG1 is my all time favourite. Don't rush through it, and enjoy the freedom it gives you.

By the way, welcome onboard.

8. grillen Gems: 2/31
    Latest gem: Fire Agate

Its funny how in BG 1 your entire party can get killed by one monster like a wyervn.

9. Celesialraven Gems: 11/31
    Latest gem: Bloodstone

A wyvern? I wish! I recall my party being squashed by the ferocity of 1 or 2 wolves, normal wolves mind you, not the vampiric variety... oh how I wish they were of the vampiric variety! Less embarrassing and all, not to mention amusing. Although I with that, when they were killed, they turned into the vaporous form like in BGII... after all, it would ne great to be able to actually blame the gas on the dog.

I too enjoyed the old BG1 more. The part that I wasnt really a fan of was the city... which, crappily enough, is what BGII essentially focused on(for the first while anyway). Imagine my irritation when i booted it up...

10. Hard Blunt Stone of Fury Gems: 5/31
    Latest gem: Andar

Don't rush through it though. Enjoy the game Camthalion.

11. Camthalion Gems: 1/31

While I'm at it....I'm going to start off fighter and go Paladin mayby at LV 6. The stAts I got are:

STR 18/78
    Dex 17
    Con 18
    Int 3 (yeah i know cheap roleplay)
    Wis 18
    Cha 18

It this a wild roll? I couldnt believe have 2 18's in something....but 4!? (this is after playing NWN for so long)

anyway...needless to say this should be a good setup for a pally right? Yes again, i know i'm a dink for 3 INT .

12. kuemper Gems: 31/31

Um, I really hate to burst your bubble, especially with the great roll and all. You can't dual or multiclass to a Paladin. With those stats, you could dual to a Thief, Cleric or Druid (if your alignment is True Neutral). Oh, and you are human, yes?

13. Camthalion Gems: 1/31

Whoa you cant? So if i wanna be a paladin I gota start as one and go the whole way>?

14. grillen Gems: 2/31
    Latest gem: Fire Agate

You have to start over, Paladins can not be dualed and you cannot dual to become a paladin.

15. Camthalion Gems: 1/31

Gotcha....can you duel to become something else after a paladin?

16. Yoshimo's Heart Gems: 13/31
    Latest gem: Ziose

Veteran

unforunately no. Bard and Palidin get screwed over in the dual/multi classing in the game.

17. Camthalion Gems: 1/31

How about with TUTU? and if so...do you have to start a new charatcer?

18. olimikrig

olimikrig Cavalier of War Distinguished Member ★ SPS Account Holder Resourceful Veteran Pillars of Eternity SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!) Torment: Tides of Numenera SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!) BoM XenForo Migration Contributor [2015] (for helping support the migration to new forum software!)

Media:
    We are not allowed to discuss tutu here... :nono:

My advice is also you play regular bg1 first! That's an experience in itself.

19. Abdel - Bhaal Spawn Gems: 13/31
    Latest gem: Ziose

BG1 and BG2 both offer something a little different for CRPG, but at the same time they offer a similar experience.

Most of us who enjoyed BG1 found BG2 lacking the ability to go any where and explore any where you want, with the expection of Baldur's Gate. In BG2 you need quest or you have to talk to some one to open up areas.

As in BG1 if you wanted to you could go straight for Durlag's Tower.

My personal prefrence is to play both games in sequence. This way you carried over your character, however I barely make it through BG1 before I decide I want to play a new character all together. I have only complete both series once and it was with my first character ever created, a vanilla fighter. In BG2 he became a Kensai and dual to a mage at level 9. Since than I never finish either game. However right now I am trying to play through both games with Abdel my Ranger and see how far I get.

[ October 05, 2005, 18:19: Message edited by: Abdel - Bhaal Spawn ]

20. Enagonios Gems: 31/31

BG is awesome. I agree with oli, try it without tutu first. feel the pain of stacking arrows, bolts and bullets by 20s and other stuff like that mwahahahah :evil:

Sorcerer's Place is a project run entirely by fans and for fans. Maintaining Sorcerer's Place and a stable environment for all our hosted sites requires a substantial amount of our time and funds on a regular basis, so please consider supporting us to keep the site up & running smoothly. Thank you!

Sorcerers.net is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to products on amazon.com, amazon.ca and amazon.co.uk. Amazon and the Amazon logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.