1. SPS Accounts:
    Do you find yourself coming back time after time? Do you appreciate the ongoing hard work to keep this community focused and successful in its mission? Please consider supporting us by upgrading to an SPS Account. Besides the warm and fuzzy feeling that comes from supporting a good cause, you'll also get a significant number of ever-expanding perks and benefits on the site and the forums. Click here to find out more.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
You are currently viewing Boards o' Magick as a guest, but you can register an account here. Registration is fast, easy and free. Once registered you will have access to search the forums, create and respond to threads, PM other members, upload screenshots and access many other features unavailable to guests.

BoM cultivates a friendly and welcoming atmosphere. We have been aiming for quality over quantity with our forums from their inception, and believe that this distinction is truly tangible and valued by our members. We'd love to have you join us today!

(If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. If you've forgotten your username or password, click here.)

BG/BG2 - EasyTutu Mod Review

Discussion in 'Mod Reviews' started by Brallrock, Jul 29, 2006.

1. Felinoid

Felinoid Who did the what now? ★ SPS Account Holder

True, but how many times in the game do you really need that? Davaeorn is the only one I can think of where you can't disrupt before the cast. (I think there's one or two on the Ice Island in TotSC too.) And the times where you can't, they've got other stuff up that you'd want to Dispel anyway, so why not just use a scroll / spell slot / Arrow of Dispelling?

Don't get me wrong; it's dynamite in BG2, but in BG1 I don't think there's that much call.

2. Lycrius Gems: 2/31
    Latest gem: Fire Agate

Can you buy Arrows of Dispelling from somewhere in BG1. Because I had like three arrows or so in max and I didn't buy them. And only time I really needed them in bg was when fighting Sarevok in the old city of baldurs gate.

3. Drew

Drew Arrogant, contemptible, and obnoxious Adored Veteran

Media:
    You can buy them in from the wizard's shop in Baldur's Gate.

4. Lycrius Gems: 2/31
    Latest gem: Fire Agate

Ok. Thanks, newer really browsed it through, though once I bought all scrolls in there and made zan memorize them (heh).

5. Killjoy Gems: 8/31
    Latest gem: Skydrop

MacReady, any word on the Beregost save bug? Thanks.

6. Oliver Oktroble Gems: 1/31
    Latest gem: Turquoise

Newbie to mods & mods' sites

[​IMG] Hi everyone,

'kind of recent (re)discoverer of BGT & the fun it provides, I wanted to know if installing (Easy)Tutu & thus running BG with BG2's game engine allows any character (main or side) to reach (like in BG2) beyond the BG's limit of 89,000 xp.

Thanx in advance for any answer,

Take care.

7. Blades of Vanatar

Blades of Vanatar Vanatar will rise again Adored Veteran Pillars of Eternity SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!)

Yes it does, as long as that character is staying in the BG world. Racking up or manually adding xp above 161,000 will not carry over into the SoA when imported.

8. Oliver Oktroble Gems: 1/31
    Latest gem: Turquoise

Dear Blades of Vanatar,

So, if I understand well, there's no way to start BG2 - SoA with any main character with more than 161,000xp. BG2 - SoA will automatically reduce its xp amount to 161,000xp.

Am I ocrrect ?

Thanx for your quick answer.

9. Blades of Vanatar

Blades of Vanatar Vanatar will rise again Adored Veteran Pillars of Eternity SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!)

If you play BG only, no expansion, when you import to SoA, you will start with 89,000 XP. If you installed TotSC and import your character to SoA, you will start with 161,000 XP. Even if you had say, 250,000 XP while playing in Tutu or BGT with mods added or cheated your XP. Either way, it will default upon import SoA to the amounts I just stated.

Sorcerer's Place is a project run entirely by fans and for fans. Maintaining Sorcerer's Place and a stable environment for all our hosted sites requires a substantial amount of our time and funds on a regular basis, so please consider supporting us to keep the site up & running smoothly. Thank you!

Sorcerers.net is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to products on amazon.com, amazon.ca and amazon.co.uk. Amazon and the Amazon logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.