1. SPS Accounts:
    Do you find yourself coming back time after time? Do you appreciate the ongoing hard work to keep this community focused and successful in its mission? Please consider supporting us by upgrading to an SPS Account. Besides the warm and fuzzy feeling that comes from supporting a good cause, you'll also get a significant number of ever-expanding perks and benefits on the site and the forums. Click here to find out more.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
You are currently viewing Boards o' Magick as a guest, but you can register an account here. Registration is fast, easy and free. Once registered you will have access to search the forums, create and respond to threads, PM other members, upload screenshots and access many other features unavailable to guests.

BoM cultivates a friendly and welcoming atmosphere. We have been aiming for quality over quantity with our forums from their inception, and believe that this distinction is truly tangible and valued by our members. We'd love to have you join us today!

(If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. If you've forgotten your username or password, click here.)

Better Beholder Squishing?

Discussion in 'BG2: Throne of Bhaal (Classic)' started by Rudiger, Nov 8, 2004.

1. Truper Gems: 8/31
    Latest gem: Skydrop

I'm guessing that it matters when you start the Unseeing Eye quest - if you do it early, like I do, you face only single Gauths and Beholders. Improved Invisibility is your friend in such a case.

On the other hand, I've given up trying to take out the entire "Eye Tyrant" city in the Underdark, even if I have both the Shield and the Cloak. I haven't worked out a way to prevent an Elder Orb from casting Imprisonment on one of the two characters I send in. There are so many animations going off at once, that trying to get to the Elder to stop it amidst all that chaos is really hard.

2. Celesialraven Gems: 11/31
    Latest gem: Bloodstone

Take a cleric, cast Sanctuary and possition it next to the Eye Tyrant, then cast blade barrior. When sanctuary is about to run out, recast it, then recast blade barrior. Ive noticed that when one of them is hit they all huddle together, which makes blade barrior really effective. Repeat till its dead.

3. NonSequitur Gems: 19/31
    Latest gem: Aquamarine

SI: Abjuration, or use the Berserk ability on Korgan/PC Berserker. Not much else you can do except kill it as fast as possible, Truper. Korgan, if you have him, makes the ultimate Beholder-basher with the Cloak or the Shield.

4. Rastor Gems: 30/31
    Latest gem: King's Tears

Minsc's berserk will also protect him from imprisonment.

5. Blog Gems: 23/31
    Latest gem: Black Opal

Or summon some fodder near him quickly (spider figurine or the fighter horn work well) but watch out for death rays killing them on the spot.

6. Deathbringer Gems: 2/31
    Latest gem: Fire Agate

Yeah your right. It depends on your level. I have been down there to the bridge and seen 2 gauths but most of the time I see 2 gauths and 3 beholders at that bridge. I think beholders and even gauths are harder than Ulitharids unless you use cheesy methods like the cloak, shield or sissyful of all, cast area effect and run. I resorted to arrea effect spells and running my first game cause it was all I knew would hurt them. At least Ulitharid can't hurt you much. The only time they damage me at all is when I solo and get stunned. That's when I hit the quickload before the brain sucking begins. The only time they get me anymore is when then spawn around me in hallways.

7. Klorox

Klorox Baruk Khazad! Khazad ai-mĂȘnu! Veteran

Rastor:
    Are you sure? I'm almost positive Minsc's rage will not protect him from imprisonment.

Sorcerer's Place is a project run entirely by fans and for fans. Maintaining Sorcerer's Place and a stable environment for all our hosted sites requires a substantial amount of our time and funds on a regular basis, so please consider supporting us to keep the site up & running smoothly. Thank you!

Sorcerers.net is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to products on amazon.com, amazon.ca and amazon.co.uk. Amazon and the Amazon logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.