1. SPS Accounts:
    Do you find yourself coming back time after time? Do you appreciate the ongoing hard work to keep this community focused and successful in its mission? Please consider supporting us by upgrading to an SPS Account. Besides the warm and fuzzy feeling that comes from supporting a good cause, you'll also get a significant number of ever-expanding perks and benefits on the site and the forums. Click here to find out more.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
You are currently viewing Boards o' Magick as a guest, but you can register an account here. Registration is fast, easy and free. Once registered you will have access to search the forums, create and respond to threads, PM other members, upload screenshots and access many other features unavailable to guests.

BoM cultivates a friendly and welcoming atmosphere. We have been aiming for quality over quantity with our forums from their inception, and believe that this distinction is truly tangible and valued by our members. We'd love to have you join us today!

(If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. If you've forgotten your username or password, click here.)

Best RPG-Game ever

Discussion in 'Playground' started by The 'good' guy, Dec 28, 2003.

1. Fiatil Gems: 4/31
    Latest gem: Sunstone

BG2+ToB, loved the character interactions and the story, probably Morrowind next, then FFIX

2. Baldrak Gems: 12/31
    Latest gem: Moonstone

[​IMG] Planescape: Torment, Followed by BG with ToSC...

3. The Kilted Crusader

The Kilted Crusader The Famous Last words "Hey guys, watch THIS!" Veteran

Star Wars: Knights of The Old Republic is one of the few games I have really loved. I spent four whole days playing this game, including christmas day (but then, I have no life ;) ) until I completed it.

The other is Morrowind.

However, I haven't played Ps:T yet...

4. MithrilSilverAus Gems: 1/31
    Latest gem: Turquoise

BG2/FallOut1&2/Planescape Torment

5. Fallen Paladin

Fallen Paladin The One and the Same Veteran

Baldur's Gate / Planescape Torment

6. The 'good' guy Gems: 3/31
    Latest gem: Lynx Eye

As I see there are a few games that are very populair, and a few that aren't.
    If it's a RPG-game or not, the best game for me is Warcraft II!

7. Duke Eltan Gems: 14/31
    Latest gem: Chrysoberyl

Nope, WC2 are not a RPG. It´s a strategy game.
    A good game in it´s time though.

8. Chandos the Red

Chandos the Red This Wheel's on Fire

Media:
    Planescape: Torment and BG2 are so close that it would be hard for me to pick between them. But they are at the top, IMO. I bought a copy of U7 but never could get it to run with the graphics card I was using at the time, so I missed out.

Others worth mentioning: Daggerfall, Might & Magic 6/7 (forget 8/9), Icewind Dale (but not 2), Fallout 2.

Most disappointing: PoR2, UIX, and NWN (but the expansion packs are pretty good for NWN).

I still have not played Morrowind yet, maybe soon... when the girls are grown... and I'm in a wheelchair, in a retirement home somewhere...

9. casey Gems: 15/31
    Latest gem: Waterstar

BGII: Honestly how much more could have been done better for this? and when you complete the main games there's about 100+ hours of mods to go onto.

I never the good guy say anything about CRPG games and we're in the play ground so why has no one mentioned the Zelda series on the Nintendo and game boy consoles? I thought this was one of the most popular RPG games around even if it was more Adventure then RP, it had good stories, good action, good graphics.

10. drowling Gems: 4/31
    Latest gem: Sunstone

BG2, though I wouldn't mind BG3 (how about quadrupling the content?) right about now ;)

11. Zephyr Angel Gems: 7/31
    Latest gem: Tchazar

Yeah BG2, a must have RPG i say.

But don't forget FF7 and 8. A huge step forward for the FF genre!

12. Meatdog Gems: 15/31
    Latest gem: Waterstar

In my previous post I said it was PS:T but now I have to revise that opinion. After playing (and completing) SW:KotOR, this is my new favorite RPG of all times. Sadly I seem to have a tendency to really adore RPGs with a great storyline but with a very short lifespan because of the fact that you can only be surprised once by the storyline.

13. RuneQuester Gems: 9/31
    Latest gem: Iol

I have an opinion(surprise, surprise!) but I will qualify mine by stating my biases right up front:

1)I don't like console style RPGs. I don't even consider them to be RPGs. Therefore I don't even consider Final Fantasy and such when I answer this question.

2)I am no fan of AD&D/D&D's game mechanics. I started out playing pen and paper rpgs with AD&D and I am as nostaligic as anyone but let's face it...there are design flaws in D&D/AD&D that are so horrendous they boggle the mind! Having said that the Black Isle crpgs are some of my favorite because a rpg, even one with less than perfect mechanics is still a rpg and I like rpgs.

3)When considering which RPG is best I take into account a wide variety of considerations from the immersiveness to the character generations adn developement stuff. I do not like playing pre-generated characters(unless they are recruitables in a party based rpg) for example.

Having said all that here are mine(in no particular order):

BG2
    PS:T
    Fallout(I)
    Might & Magic 7
    Wizardry 7 & 8(8 better than 7)
    Natuk(sharware rpg where you play a party of orcs, ogres and trolls out for revenge Combat comparable to JA2, humor and all sorts of nifty features)
    Blades of Exile
    BG1(not as good as II)
    Freedom Force

1)

14. Varied Sundries Gems: 3/31

My first experience with CRPGS was Fallout. I was stunned, awed, blown away. I thought nothing could top it. Until Fallout 2. Those two games, along with Planescape: Torment, form the pinnacle of PC gaming. Throw in Final Fantasy Tactics, which is so addictive I would deem it worse than crack, and you have my top triumvirate.

Fallout 2, Planescape: Torment, and Final Fantasy Tactics. You don't even NEED anything else.

15. Stu Gems: 20/31
    Latest gem: Garnet

No one has mentioned Hack or Rouge, the graphics arn't that bad to todays standards :D :D :D
    No one has had Dungeon Siege as their crpg.....not even me.
    Seriously my alltime favourite would have to be BGII with my favourite console rpg being Crono Triger. I used to like Pokemon blue and Silver.... what was I thinking :insert drunk smile:

16. TheAngulion Gems: 1/31

It actually used to be Wasteland and the Realms of Arkania series, but then Fallout came out. And of course Baldur's Gate. Thinking about the feeling and experience when I played them the first time ... great memories :)

So for me it's BG 1+2 and Fallout 1+2. If I would have to pick one it would be BG 1.

17. Arath Gems: 3/31

The best RPG(s) ever would be the BG saga... But after trying KOTOR (knights of the old republic) I am considering to change.
    I love the way every dialog is spoken and the different options, and the fact that it is one of the RPG's that you can play purely evil... without getting gangbanged by some law-enforcer's the graphic is good, the story is amaseing, the different worlds...TRY IT!!!!!! even though you dont like star wars you will be able to like this!!!

18. Godofredo Gems: 1/31

[​IMG] 1#-Final Fantasy VII and Final Fantasy XI tied ;)
    2#-Final Fantasy VIII
    3#-Grandia 2
    4#-Skies of Arcadia
    5#-Chrono Trigger(sp?)

19. Oaz Gems: 29/31
    Latest gem: Glittering Beljuril

I still have a lot of nostalgia for the old SNES RPGs that I first started out with - Super Mario RPG and Secret of Evermore. It's a shame no stores rent SNES games anymore, but I suppose I could always find the old SNES games and reinstall my old system. I'd love to give that a try again.

20. Stu Gems: 20/31
    Latest gem: Garnet

Why would you want to hire a SNES game?
    You could probably buy them for cheaper anyway.

Sorcerer's Place is a project run entirely by fans and for fans. Maintaining Sorcerer's Place and a stable environment for all our hosted sites requires a substantial amount of our time and funds on a regular basis, so please consider supporting us to keep the site up & running smoothly. Thank you!

Sorcerers.net is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to products on amazon.com, amazon.ca and amazon.co.uk. Amazon and the Amazon logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.