1. SPS Accounts:
    Do you find yourself coming back time after time? Do you appreciate the ongoing hard work to keep this community focused and successful in its mission? Please consider supporting us by upgrading to an SPS Account. Besides the warm and fuzzy feeling that comes from supporting a good cause, you'll also get a significant number of ever-expanding perks and benefits on the site and the forums. Click here to find out more.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
You are currently viewing Boards o' Magick as a guest, but you can register an account here. Registration is fast, easy and free. Once registered you will have access to search the forums, create and respond to threads, PM other members, upload screenshots and access many other features unavailable to guests.

BoM cultivates a friendly and welcoming atmosphere. We have been aiming for quality over quantity with our forums from their inception, and believe that this distinction is truly tangible and valued by our members. We'd love to have you join us today!

(If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. If you've forgotten your username or password, click here.)

Best item!

Discussion in 'BG2: Shadows of Amn (Classic)' started by Korgan, Jan 27, 2002.

1. Laksol Gems: 9/31
    Latest gem: Iol

[​IMG] It's an heirloom that young troll's great grandfather left.

2. Corr Raven Gems: 6/31
    Latest gem: Jasper

RING OF THE GAXX!!!!!!!
    and Celestial fury, too bad it's only a +3 weapon. it still rocks, though. And I wish there were some great lomg swords... equlaizer doesn't quite do it for me.

3. StressedE Gems: 15/31
    Latest gem: Waterstar

Ohw, so now blackrazor and adjatha the drinker aren't good longswords anymore??

4. Sh4rpSh0073r Banned

Holy Avenger +5 and Crom Faeyr ofcourse!

5. Viking Gems: 19/31
    Latest gem: Aquamarine

To be quite honest, there is no *best* item.

Corsomyr I hear you say. - Like hell I'm playing a Pally! Lawful Good? Sickening.

Various things work well for different people and characters, and sure some are very powerful indeed. That only makes them good if you can make good use of them.

For my monk the best items in the game were the gauntlets of crushing together with girdle of giant strength. (Any one will do).

I'm now soloing a sorcerer in order to try out the magic side of things better. The good items are totally different that's for sure.

God I need that bag of holding!

6. zheng89120 Gems: 1/31
    Latest gem: Turquoise

WANINJA - Scarlet Ninja-To +3

Ninja-To of the Scarlet Brotherhood
    When a member of the Scarlet Brotherhood kills one of that organization's
    'great enemies', they are often rewarded with this sword. How this sword
    made its way from the world of Greyhawk (where the Brotherhood is based) to
    Faerun is a mystery. When unsheathed the ninja-to will glow blood red.

STATISTICS

Equipped Ability: one extra attack per round
    Combat Ability: Poison damage of 6 hit-points per round, for two rounds, if
    target fails a saving throw versus poison
    THAC0: +3 bonus
    Damage: 1D8 +3
    Damage type: slashing
    Weight: 2
    Speed Factor: 1
    Proficiency Type: Scimitar/Wakizashi/Ninja-To
    Type: 1-handed
    Requires: 6 Strength
    Usable By:
    Monks

This is much better than Belm.

7. Of course, StressedE, Adjatha the Drinker. Great weapon, but no one ever acknowledges. I mean, it protects the user from mind-dominating spells, and it heals the wielder. But then it loses to the cheap, overpowered big boys like CF, Carsomyr, and Crom. *sigh*:(

8. Lord Sarevok Guest

Lol Zheng, did you read the part that says "Only usable by Monks"? Also this is a bonus merchant item, and many, like myself, don't have them installed. This Sword is worthless to a monk as well, since by the time you can afford it you'll have more than 2 attacks with your fists, and do more damage with them as well. Of course, this could be useful to a thief later on, but those words cannot be spoken in this forum.

9. Bombur

Bombur I'm always last and I don't like it

[​IMG] The item that has gotten me out of the most scrapes is "Boo's furry backside" (pet name for my wand of cloudkill). Plus you get it really early in the game, so you almost always have it. With Boo's furry backside and the staff of the magi, you don't have to sneak past anything -- you can kill it all!

10. jbigdaddy Gems: 5/31
    Latest gem: Andar

Celestial Fury

11. Rindell Gems: 1/31

[​IMG] They aren't really the best, but the Illithid control collars are cool. Useful in a lot of places.

12. Ragusa

Ragusa Eternal Halfling Paladin Veteran

Media:
    [​IMG] hmm, iirc you only get about four to five ones :D which IMO isn't quite a lot :D and you use up at least two of them :D leaving two to three braclets :D so where from do you get all these braclets you use ? :roll: :spin: ;)

[This message has been edited by Ragusa (edited January 31, 2002).]

13. Lord Sarevok Guest

Couldn't you just use slayer change to open the doors then keep 'em all?

14. Ragusa

Ragusa Eternal Halfling Paladin Veteran

Media:
    I think it is really funny - all these people use the slayer change to open the locks and no one seems to think about the potion of stormgiant strength and draw upon holy might :cool: :p
    All these evil players rather risk to loose their good rep (if they ever had one), tss, tss ::D

15. Lord Sarevok Guest

Just seems more practical. You don't always have a potion of storm giant strength lying around, but you always got that evil bhaal essense :);):evil::D!

16. sleeps_to_dream Gems: 1/31

Daystar and Adjatha-my swashbuckler dual-wields them; quite an impressive display, and it really clears out roomfuls of undead.

17. Judge Matt Gems: 1/31

my vote goes to daystar. its just cool looking and sunray came in very handy as aerie couldnt cast it while i was going through bodhi's guild.

PS- What does Imoen's belt do?
    [It makes her nearly unkillable in Irenicus' Dungeon for obvious reasons - BTA]

[This message has been edited by Blackthorne TA (edited February 03, 2002).]

18. void Guest

There is no "BEST" item, there are lots of options and it depends on your character class and play style. BTW that scarlet ninja-to is only usable by monks who would (later on at least) have more attacks than it can offer.

19. TIN_MAN Gems: 14/31
    Latest gem: Chrysoberyl

My favovites are the red dragon scale, shadow dragon scale, bladesinger chain, firetooth +3, short bow of Gesen, Heartseeker +3, Silver sword, Belm +2, Amulet of power, Ring of Gaxx.

[This message has been edited by TIN_MAN (edited February 05, 2002).]

Sorcerer's Place is a project run entirely by fans and for fans. Maintaining Sorcerer's Place and a stable environment for all our hosted sites requires a substantial amount of our time and funds on a regular basis, so please consider supporting us to keep the site up & running smoothly. Thank you!

Sorcerers.net is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to products on amazon.com, amazon.ca and amazon.co.uk. Amazon and the Amazon logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.