1. SPS Accounts:
    Do you find yourself coming back time after time? Do you appreciate the ongoing hard work to keep this community focused and successful in its mission? Please consider supporting us by upgrading to an SPS Account. Besides the warm and fuzzy feeling that comes from supporting a good cause, you'll also get a significant number of ever-expanding perks and benefits on the site and the forums. Click here to find out more.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
You are currently viewing Boards o' Magick as a guest, but you can register an account here. Registration is fast, easy and free. Once registered you will have access to search the forums, create and respond to threads, PM other members, upload screenshots and access many other features unavailable to guests.

BoM cultivates a friendly and welcoming atmosphere. We have been aiming for quality over quantity with our forums from their inception, and believe that this distinction is truly tangible and valued by our members. We'd love to have you join us today!

(If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. If you've forgotten your username or password, click here.)

Best Console?

Discussion in 'Techno-Magic' started by the god, Mar 4, 2002.

1. Mollusken Gems: 24/31
    Latest gem: Water Opal

Hey Orkrist, let me see how much "Nintendo style" you can find in this .

[This message has been edited by Mollusken (edited April 03, 2002).]

2. the god Gems: 13/31
    Latest gem: Ziose

blah, blah, blah... *sigh* i'd hoped this topic wasn't going to turn into ps2-xbox-gamecube next gen war. oh well! :sleep:

most of the arguements are based on what games will be coming out (or, if you can't read, non-game attributes like DVD playability), rather than the quality of what's available now. obviously this'll limit arguements for the new systems somewhat!

don't tell me you guys've never picket up an old game boy with tetris and not been able to put it down purely because the game was so addictive?! (i used to have the blocks dropping down when i went to sleep!)

[deity edity]: now where's that gameboy?... :D

[This message has been edited by the god (edited April 04, 2002).]

3. yappie! Guest

In my opinion, the SNES was the best ever games console. Simply because of it's versitality. You could connect nearly anything up to it. And play gameboy games in WideScreen (if you have one):D

Also the games where amazing. Nintendo are the best developer because their consoles do Exactly what it says they do!

Its a games console, so why should every console now have to play DVD's or CD's or anything like that?

If you had enough money to buy an X-BOX, then i'm sure you would have a DVD player or at least a Computer with that Function!!!!!

Nintendo only make their consoles for the sole purpose of playing games, a fact which most makers forget these days. Let's be honest, who plays Cd's on their playstation???

NINTENDO RULE!!!!

4. Creslyn Gems: 3/31
    Latest gem: Lynx Eye

Well, bugger all these fandangled new things, add my vote to the SNES camp :D I mean it just had so many great games on it (yes yes..for its time) but I still think back on games like Chronotrigger and the Breath of Fire series with fond memories...

5. ejsmith Gems: 25/31
    Latest gem: Moonbar

I'd have to go with the Snes too. The Nes was good, and the 64 had some good ideas.

But the Snes is where everything shined.

Sorcerer's Place is a project run entirely by fans and for fans. Maintaining Sorcerer's Place and a stable environment for all our hosted sites requires a substantial amount of our time and funds on a regular basis, so please consider supporting us to keep the site up & running smoothly. Thank you!

Sorcerers.net is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to products on amazon.com, amazon.ca and amazon.co.uk. Amazon and the Amazon logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.