1. SPS Accounts:
    Do you find yourself coming back time after time? Do you appreciate the ongoing hard work to keep this community focused and successful in its mission? Please consider supporting us by upgrading to an SPS Account. Besides the warm and fuzzy feeling that comes from supporting a good cause, you'll also get a significant number of ever-expanding perks and benefits on the site and the forums. Click here to find out more.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
You are currently viewing Boards o' Magick as a guest, but you can register an account here. Registration is fast, easy and free. Once registered you will have access to search the forums, create and respond to threads, PM other members, upload screenshots and access many other features unavailable to guests.

BoM cultivates a friendly and welcoming atmosphere. We have been aiming for quality over quantity with our forums from their inception, and believe that this distinction is truly tangible and valued by our members. We'd love to have you join us today!

(If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. If you've forgotten your username or password, click here.)

Best class(kit) and race?

Discussion in 'BG2: Shadows of Amn (Classic)' started by Tanthalasa, Dec 6, 2002.

1. Blackthorne TA

Blackthorne TA Master in his Own Mind Staff Member ★ SPS Account Holder Adored Veteran Pillars of Eternity SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!) New Server Contributor [2012] (for helping Sorcerer's Place lease a new, more powerful server!) Torment: Tides of Numenera SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!)

Media:
  2. Rathan Gems: 4/31
    Latest gem: Sunstone

[​IMG] IMHO the best single-style char is a human Mage/Druid with:

12 Strength (minimum): To be able to wear the Shield of Balduran (really helps against those annoying Beholders)

18 Dexterity: For the lower AC

18 Constitution: For the extra HP that any char can benefit from

18 Intelligence: To be able to cast level 9 spells and maximum arsenal

18 Wisdom: For the extra spells and Magic Defense

03 Charisma: Don't worry about this, as you will quickly be compensated (SPOILER::: In the circus tent in Waukeen's Promenade you'll find a ring that gives you 18 charisma)

---------
    I know that the above is difficult to get, but it is possible as my Kensai have:
    Strength: 18/73
    Dexterity: 18
    Constitution: 18
    Intelligence: 18
    Wisdom: 14
    Charisma: 03 // 18 with the ring mentined above
    ---------
    As for equipment I'm a little blank except for this:
    Ring of Wizadry
    Robe of Vechna
    Shield of Balduran
    Ring of Gaxx
    Belt of Hill Giant Strength (early on)
    Belt of Fire Giant Strength (later on)

The two belts are for the ability to have heavy items in your inventory as well for those spells that gives you a weapon that you swing at the enemies.
    ---------
    As for levels I would suggest that you max your mage and then shifts to druid.

3. Kelno Gems: 1/31
    Latest gem: Turquoise

*cough* rebalenced shape****er *cough*.....ever seen a character melee a dragon? alone? no help?

reblanced shapeshifter mod can be gotten here with the ease of use mod...dont have to install it all midn you if you have something against that... and the mod just makes shapeshifters get the actually stats of a werewolf\greaterwerewolf...

mine hits for 25 or so per hit, 4 attacks per round (with gear), regens 3 hp per second + 2 hp every 6 seconds (or 20 hp every 6 seconds), Ac negative 16 with one set of gear negative 20 with another that sacrifices extra attacks, practaicly never gets hit by spells even without the cloak of cheese (cloak of mirroring), is immune to non magic weapons, has over 165 hp...(level 14 mind you)...before level 13, still great, ac is worse by 10 or so, no regen, 3 attacks, hits for 20ish, 100 or so hp....

and you can get TWO! (cernd)

4. Gothmog

Gothmog Man, a curious beast indeed! ★ SPS Account Holder Veteran

Since i'm playing a shapeshifter too i better get that mod quickly - I'll try soloing Firkraag.

I dont know why but equipment never gives me any bonuses while shapeshifted (no Belm,...). I have the latest patch.

That locked MR(40%) really bothered me. It's much better with base 40 :D .

But casting while shapeshifted :confused:

I really get the feeling that now Shapeshifters WILL get too powerful. Its like a fighter with full plate running around and casting insect plague. Put up some buff spells and its WAY better than any mage. With items(TDD) you get 90% MR and GW form gives you gratly improved saves + dispel magic and other spells. Complete Anti-magic char.

[ January 06, 2003, 10:40: Message edited by: Gothmog4230 ]

5. Ragusa

Ragusa Eternal Halfling Paladin Veteran

Media:
    Mage-thief and fighter-mage-thief are very good solo chars, spellcasting is a very powerful ability in BG-2.

As for the best armor, I always hear the peeps post about elven chain. Elven chain isn't bad, clearly. However, consider that *robes* are perhaps the better option when dressing a multiclassed mage, namely the incredible robe of the apprenti, the best protecting robe in the game, even usable with a ring of protection *hint*

Also, armor spells and stoneskin come in quite handy with a solo char, the dress isn't everything.

Sorcerer's Place is a project run entirely by fans and for fans. Maintaining Sorcerer's Place and a stable environment for all our hosted sites requires a substantial amount of our time and funds on a regular basis, so please consider supporting us to keep the site up & running smoothly. Thank you!

Sorcerers.net is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to products on amazon.com, amazon.ca and amazon.co.uk. Amazon and the Amazon logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.