1. SPS Accounts:
    Do you find yourself coming back time after time? Do you appreciate the ongoing hard work to keep this community focused and successful in its mission? Please consider supporting us by upgrading to an SPS Account. Besides the warm and fuzzy feeling that comes from supporting a good cause, you'll also get a significant number of ever-expanding perks and benefits on the site and the forums. Click here to find out more.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
You are currently viewing Boards o' Magick as a guest, but you can register an account here. Registration is fast, easy and free. Once registered you will have access to search the forums, create and respond to threads, PM other members, upload screenshots and access many other features unavailable to guests.

BoM cultivates a friendly and welcoming atmosphere. We have been aiming for quality over quantity with our forums from their inception, and believe that this distinction is truly tangible and valued by our members. We'd love to have you join us today!

(If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. If you've forgotten your username or password, click here.)

Best attribute in the real world?

Discussion in 'Whatnots' started by Steppenwolf, Apr 15, 2001.

1. Ironbeard Gems: 20/31
    Latest gem: Garnet

I say
    CHR first ( must for business or political power)
    WIS (judgement to make right descisions)
    INT
    CON (minimise sick days, maximise productivity)
    DEX
    STR.
    I can't give my real stats, as I don't want to sound too arrogant or too snivelly.

2. Sniper Gems: 28/31
    Latest gem: Star Sapphire

You sound like a right Starlin Ironbeard ;)

3. Seric Exz Guest

Useful skills at the office, when attending meetings, etcetera:

1) CHR - To be let into the building in the first place
    2) INT - To be able to say something clever that is actually relevant to the case
    3) WIS - To be able to learn from mistakes, and know when to shut up, so you won't get kicked right back out on the street
    4) DEX - To be able to sneak about in the corridors, stealing ideas from colleagues when you realize that your INT and WIS scores are pathetic
    5) CON - If detected when doing the aforementioned eavesdropping, you'd better be able to run like hell (and don't look back!)
    6) STR - If you can't run away from them, give them a serious beatdown and *walk* away

[This message has been edited by Seric Exz (edited April 17, 2001).]

4. Dragonsnake Gems: 3/31
    Latest gem: Lynx Eye

Veteran

Seric Exz , U took my breath away ! I whole heartly agree with Ur rating.
    just want to ad to INT - if U know the following - to go to work with sneakers.

5. Ironbeard Gems: 20/31
    Latest gem: Garnet

What!?!? You spelt Stalin wrongly!! Twenty years in the Gulag for you! j/k
    Hmm, it was the minimise sick days, maximise productivity, wasn't it? I meant to say a low CON guy will probably get sick and miss work a lot, and be unable to get brownie points from his boss. I've given my stats a bit of thought and come up with
    STRENGTH : 6 (i can't remember the last time I took exercise)
    DEXTERITY: 9 ( I drop things a lot, am slow have really bad handwriting)
    CONSTITUTION: 6 (I remember the last time I tok exercise now, I ached for days)
    INTELLIGENGE: 16 (I am reasonably bright (read lucky in exams) but not a genius by any stretch of the imagination)
    WISDOM: 4 (I miss the obvious a lot, am young and naive, have no common sense)
    CHARISMA: 3 (just read my posts, I am annoying, whiny (like Xan and Khalid rolled into one, with a dwarven temper on the side), and make bad jokes all the time)

[This message has been edited by Ironbeard (edited April 18, 2001).]

6. What?!?! NO INTELLIGENT GUITARISTS!?!

Have you ever heard of Tom Morello, boy!?!?!

:D

7. Sniper Gems: 28/31
    Latest gem: Star Sapphire

good one Ironbeard

8. The Fat Egg Gems: 15/31
    Latest gem: Waterstar

i have very high strength and intelligence pretty high wisdom, im decent looking and even better im finding that as i get thinner i have more dexterity and charm, however constitution is still a bit lacking, better get teh old jump rope *sound of me swinging rope around tripping and yelling oww! as i hit the ground* *repeated, over and over*

9. Sapiryl Gems: 7/31
    Latest gem: Tchazar

It is a proven fact that people with better looks get higher paying jobs. Next, wisdom is not as important as intelligence in this world. But strength and dexterity count for a lot depending on what field you're going into.

White-collar job:
    1.Charisma
    2.Wisdom
    3.Intelligence
    4.Constitution
    5.Dexterity
    6.Strength

Blue-collar job:
    1.Charisma
    2.Intelligence
    3.Wisdom
    4.Constitution
    5.Dexterity
    6.Strength

Sports related job:
    1.Charisma
    2.Constitution
    3.Dexterity
    4.Strength
    5.Intelligence
    6.Wisdom

No, I'm not bashing on sports figures, but you don't really find rocket scientists throwing a spheroid of pigskin around a field, and then running into each other. Although, you might, 'cause sports pay more.

10. caleb Banned

sniper you should follow ironbeards example and be less liberal with the stats because if you had a intelligence of 17 and wisdom and charisma of 18 you would be richer then bill gates.

11. Lord Moeken Gems: 13/31
    Latest gem: Ziose

I suppose if you make a broad generalization that would be true Sapiryl, however most of the ultra-rich are probably a little lacking on the charisma side.

Oh, one final point. Everyone seems to be confusing charisma with strictly good looks. I think it also includes things such as sense of humour, wit, leadership ability, and is basically a description of how likeable someone is.

12. Sapiryl Gems: 7/31
    Latest gem: Tchazar

True, Bill Gates probably won't win any "Good Looks Awards" any time soon.

I know that charisma is the general way that you get along with others, but in today's world, how often is wit and charm going to land you in a successful career field?

And I realize that my post was very general, there are many major exceptions.

13. Shura Gems: 25/31
    Latest gem: Moonbar

Here are my revised stats, according to 2nd edition rules.
    Strength: 14 I'm quite confident of my strength as I do quite a bit of weights.
    Dexterity: 14 I'm quite co-ordinated and have quick hands and reactions, although I wish I had more of this stat now that I'm studying Kenjutsu.
    Constitution: 15 I can run non-stop for a long time and rarely fall ill these days. I can also recover from minor wounds really fast.
    Intelligence: 15 What can I say? I'm a smartass. I can absorb new concepts quickly and can manage logic based questions quite well even though they're not my forte.I can add 2 to this stat when I'm concentrating really hard.
    Wisdom: 4 I like to do things the 'unlogical' way even though I'm aware of both both paths. When I have to apply my wisdom to other people who I am responsible for, however, I think I can raise it to 12.
    Charisma: 6 I'm not a people person in real life. I rely more on my strength, toughness and mental agility to win people over than my looks and charm. I'm not much of a leader too as I hate being responsible for others.

14. Lord Moeken Gems: 13/31
    Latest gem: Ziose

You would be surprised Sapiryl. It is true that how we look is what is first noticed but don't underestimate the power of a good natured, good humoured person.

Let's say I walk into a job interview, my hair is nerdy, I have an unsqueezed zit on my cheek, and my mono-brow looks like a big caterpillar over my eyes that look like two piss holes in a snow bank. (Remember this is all hypothetical ;)) My perspective boss sees me as a total loser.

Suddenly my charm kicks in and I say, "My name is Lord Moeken and I'm the man for the job. Oh by the way is that mustard on your tie?" He looks at his tie, and I tweek his nose. The ice is broken, he thinks I'm just too funny, we meet for drinks after the interview and he gives me a raise before I even start the job.

*Moeken wakes from his day dream, straightens his wrinkled shirt*
    Huh, wuh, where am I? - oh right - two creams for the boss's coffee.

Sorcerer's Place is a project run entirely by fans and for fans. Maintaining Sorcerer's Place and a stable environment for all our hosted sites requires a substantial amount of our time and funds on a regular basis, so please consider supporting us to keep the site up & running smoothly. Thank you!

Sorcerers.net is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to products on amazon.com, amazon.ca and amazon.co.uk. Amazon and the Amazon logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.