1. SPS Accounts:
    Do you find yourself coming back time after time? Do you appreciate the ongoing hard work to keep this community focused and successful in its mission? Please consider supporting us by upgrading to an SPS Account. Besides the warm and fuzzy feeling that comes from supporting a good cause, you'll also get a significant number of ever-expanding perks and benefits on the site and the forums. Click here to find out more.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
You are currently viewing Boards o' Magick as a guest, but you can register an account here. Registration is fast, easy and free. Once registered you will have access to search the forums, create and respond to threads, PM other members, upload screenshots and access many other features unavailable to guests.

BoM cultivates a friendly and welcoming atmosphere. We have been aiming for quality over quantity with our forums from their inception, and believe that this distinction is truly tangible and valued by our members. We'd love to have you join us today!

(If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. If you've forgotten your username or password, click here.)

Berserker versus Sorcerer

Discussion in 'BG2: Throne of Bhaal (Classic)' started by Aldeth the Foppish Idiot, Aug 12, 2004.

1. Evil Dad Gems: 15/31
    Latest gem: Waterstar

There should be an on-line PvP challenge where the Berserker can duel the Sorcerer to see who wins.

2. Faraaz Gems: 26/31
    Latest gem: Diamond

@Bard: No...the damage won't go through, because all things being equal, the Sorcerer is immune to +1 weapons and less from the hell bonuses...hence normal bolts in Firetooth still wont be able to touch him. The elemental damage is negated as well, because, the bolts are in effect...ineffective. (Very bad pun, I know, :p )

Heh...I wish there were a PvP challenge. It would enlightening to see all the theories being made here in action, just to see if the Sorcerer really IS invincible.

Kinda like, Counter Strike...DnD style! :cool:

3. Chimera Gems: 5/31
    Latest gem: Andar

:)
    @Scythesong: clua codes are potn10 - potion of invisibility, scrl9r - time stop scroll; you can test it.

4. Evil Dad Gems: 15/31
    Latest gem: Waterstar

@Faraaz: I was thinking more like DiabloII. But, it should be fairly easy to do shouldn't it? Multi-player a new TOB game over the Internet and off you go. Some spells may not work as the game will think you are in the same party, but they would be minimal.

5. Eric Xanthus Gems: 10/31
    Latest gem: Zircon

Something was mentioned a while back in the thread that I wanted to clear up. I was pretty sure it was wrong, but I didn't want to shoot my mouth without testing it first. Anyway...

When a chain contingency fires, it does not take up your spell casting turn. Also, since cc frequently takes a while to kick in, you can get off a spell before the cc. In which case you could insta-cast SI:Divination in your first turn, followed immediately by the cc of mislead/mass invis. etc.

This thread seems to have cooled off at last, but I figured I might as well set that record straight--in the interests of BGII science, of course. :)

Sorcerer's Place is a project run entirely by fans and for fans. Maintaining Sorcerer's Place and a stable environment for all our hosted sites requires a substantial amount of our time and funds on a regular basis, so please consider supporting us to keep the site up & running smoothly. Thank you!

Sorcerers.net is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to products on amazon.com, amazon.ca and amazon.co.uk. Amazon and the Amazon logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.