1. SPS Accounts:
    Do you find yourself coming back time after time? Do you appreciate the ongoing hard work to keep this community focused and successful in its mission? Please consider supporting us by upgrading to an SPS Account. Besides the warm and fuzzy feeling that comes from supporting a good cause, you'll also get a significant number of ever-expanding perks and benefits on the site and the forums. Click here to find out more.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
You are currently viewing Boards o' Magick as a guest, but you can register an account here. Registration is fast, easy and free. Once registered you will have access to search the forums, create and respond to threads, PM other members, upload screenshots and access many other features unavailable to guests.

BoM cultivates a friendly and welcoming atmosphere. We have been aiming for quality over quantity with our forums from their inception, and believe that this distinction is truly tangible and valued by our members. We'd love to have you join us today!

(If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. If you've forgotten your username or password, click here.)

benefits of monk/druid and barbarian/sorcerer?

Discussion in 'Icewind Dale 2' started by Skywind, Jun 19, 2006.

1. Skywind Gems: 10/31
    Latest gem: Zircon

Veteran

Hi to all!
    I have got questions and I couldn't try out myself as my computer is down for the moment...

1) If I have a monk/druid and I change-shape, do the monk/druid still retain the monk's bonus? Like the MR and the "death-palm" feat..Imagine a dire panther with monk's MR and have claws that can instant-kill with the "death-palm" feat.

2)Can a barbarian with the Lv8 "iron-body" spell casted on himself activate barbarian rage? Imagine a half-orc change to a iron golem and rage around!

2. kmonster Gems: 24/31
    Latest gem: Water Opal

Veteran

Sounds impressing but both builds are inefficient.

A pure monk is better than the dire panther monk and barbarian rage is useless.

3. Skywind Gems: 10/31

Veteran

Ok... Thanks for the advices, but I still need answer to my above questions...
    Thanks in advance!

4. Da Rock Gems: 5/31
    Latest gem: Andar

1) As far as I can tell, you DO get the monk WIS bonus. Shapechanging overrides STR, DEX and CON, but not INT, WIS and CHA. In addition, you get a generic AC boost while shapechanged (the only stackable AC) - NOT a fixed AC.

2) Don't know - play through the game and try it!

As for inefficient builds, it would usually depend on your race. However, most (not all) high AC characters require a monk level, so the Druid/Monk build could be useful as an unusual protective tank. The barbarian/sorcerer build can be useful, but only if:
    a) Character is a tank
    b) Character is not your main spellcaster
    c) Spell selection are "buff" spells

5. Skywind Gems: 10/31

Veteran

Thanks Rock!

anyway, for (1), I had planned to add more points to the wisdom than the other stats and for (2), I choose half-orc. I know they suffer from lack of Cha, but I want to make it's biography; like it's a half-orc who was out-casted as he's's weak in str, so with his unusual talent in magic(sorcerer), he decided to prove that magic can make him strong too. And of course, I just like a iron-golem raging around. :)

Sorcerer's Place is a project run entirely by fans and for fans. Maintaining Sorcerer's Place and a stable environment for all our hosted sites requires a substantial amount of our time and funds on a regular basis, so please consider supporting us to keep the site up & running smoothly. Thank you!

Sorcerers.net is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to products on amazon.com, amazon.ca and amazon.co.uk. Amazon and the Amazon logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.