1. SPS Accounts:
    Do you find yourself coming back time after time? Do you appreciate the ongoing hard work to keep this community focused and successful in its mission? Please consider supporting us by upgrading to an SPS Account. Besides the warm and fuzzy feeling that comes from supporting a good cause, you'll also get a significant number of ever-expanding perks and benefits on the site and the forums. Click here to find out more.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
You are currently viewing Boards o' Magick as a guest, but you can register an account here. Registration is fast, easy and free. Once registered you will have access to search the forums, create and respond to threads, PM other members, upload screenshots and access many other features unavailable to guests.

BoM cultivates a friendly and welcoming atmosphere. We have been aiming for quality over quantity with our forums from their inception, and believe that this distinction is truly tangible and valued by our members. We'd love to have you join us today!

(If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. If you've forgotten your username or password, click here.)

Beginner Questions from a Seasoned Spammer

Discussion in 'Baldur's Gate (Classic)' started by Mathetais, Jan 9, 2002.

1. Shadowcouncil Gems: 29/31
    Latest gem: Glittering Beljuril

Veteran

Well actually I am... but you have to pay to get useful answers out of me :D

Well Math.... You had much time to play, without being disturbed by your board-addiction... so tell me, what happened with your party?

[This message has been edited by Headbanger (edited February 21, 2002).]

2. Mathetais Gems: 28/31
    Latest gem: Star Sapphire

[​IMG] Honestly, there isn't much to tell. I've been very busy and stressed out at work, so my freedom from the boards has only lead to MORE TIME TO WORK! Argh!

I just cleared the mines, and then had a very scarey dream when a dead and bloated cleric through a bone dagger into my heart. The good news is that I get to Cure Light Wounds twice a day now, and since I don't have a cleric, that's VIP.

Party Wise ...

I have Me ... Scandal the Paladin
    Minsc, Kivan, Inomen, Dyheira & Xan

I need a cleric and will dump Xan for one I think. Also thinking of dumping Inomen. I did have a radical thought though .... I might just *edit* her stats a bit to raise her wisdom, and then DC her into a Cleric instead of a mage.

I'll let you know when I get further into the game.

3. Shadowcouncil Gems: 29/31

Veteran

In Carnival, east of Nashkel, you can get the Cleric Branwen. Talk to a guy there, he will sell you a scroll of stone to flesh... Branwen offers to join your party then.

4. Mathetais Gems: 28/31
    Latest gem: Star Sapphire

yeah ... she's kinda dead :( oops! maybe I should "edit" her back into the game ;)

5. FisH Gems: 1/31
    Latest gem: Turquoise

Hey Headbanger, its a lot cheaper if you get the stf-scroll somewhere else, as the guy you mention charges a double rate. (Flimsy bastard he is, the filthy scavenger!)

Eh well... whatever

6. Ragusa

Ragusa Eternal Halfling Paladin Veteran

Media:
    [​IMG] You can also steal the scroll ;) it's for free then ... just a little less honourable that buying it ... but mind: that bastard there is greedy and probably evil anyway ;)

[This message has been edited by Ragusa (edited February 27, 2002).]

7. Volar Blackmane Gems: 16/31
    Latest gem: Shandon

He *is* evil. I once cast detect evil in there and he showed up on the list. After I killed him, the citizens turned hostile and my reputation sank. Ungrateful gits.

8. Shadowcouncil Gems: 29/31

Veteran

So... that someone is evil doesn't say you can just pickpocket or kill him... Of course you can get the scroll somewhere else.... :)

9. Oblate Gems: 6/31
    Latest gem: Jasper

I liked Branwen, she can fight and is a great cleric. I got rid of Imoen (hated her voice) and took Coran instead. Yaheira is a good druid but Khalid is a coward. So he had to die ;).

10. Sir Dargorn Gems: 21/31
    Latest gem: Pearl

The fact is that Clerics are not actually that nesesary especially if you have Jaheira in your party. Get Yeslick later on he is the best cleric in the game apart from Branwen because you may just need that extra healing in the second half. Oh and Ditch Khalid and get Ajantis instead

Sorcerer's Place is a project run entirely by fans and for fans. Maintaining Sorcerer's Place and a stable environment for all our hosted sites requires a substantial amount of our time and funds on a regular basis, so please consider supporting us to keep the site up & running smoothly. Thank you!

Sorcerers.net is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to products on amazon.com, amazon.ca and amazon.co.uk. Amazon and the Amazon logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.