1. SPS Accounts:
    Do you find yourself coming back time after time? Do you appreciate the ongoing hard work to keep this community focused and successful in its mission? Please consider supporting us by upgrading to an SPS Account. Besides the warm and fuzzy feeling that comes from supporting a good cause, you'll also get a significant number of ever-expanding perks and benefits on the site and the forums. Click here to find out more.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
You are currently viewing Boards o' Magick as a guest, but you can register an account here. Registration is fast, easy and free. Once registered you will have access to search the forums, create and respond to threads, PM other members, upload screenshots and access many other features unavailable to guests.

BoM cultivates a friendly and welcoming atmosphere. We have been aiming for quality over quantity with our forums from their inception, and believe that this distinction is truly tangible and valued by our members. We'd love to have you join us today!

(If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. If you've forgotten your username or password, click here.)

Beards...?

Discussion in 'Whatnots' started by Eilonwy, Jan 17, 2003.

1. Eilonwy Gems: 8/31
    Latest gem: Skydrop

2. Yerril Gems: 22/31
    Latest gem: Sphene

[​IMG] The recent cold weather has made my face all sensitive and raw. Consequently, I cannot have a shave without swelling up.

Therefore, I am currently being forced to grow a beard. :cool:

3. Sir Dargorn Gems: 21/31
    Latest gem: Pearl

Sir Yerril aren't you 14 or 15?

4. Vermillion Gems: 18/31
    Latest gem: Horn Coral

[​IMG] Mortensen was at me for ages to grow a beard because she found bearded men attractive. However when I did have a spell of not being bothered enough to shave and started growing one she found out the meaning of the word prickly :p . Since then to annoy I her I complied with her wishes again and shaved. But shaved so it was a goatee :evil: ;)

5. ejsmith Gems: 25/31
    Latest gem: Moonbar

For a while, I had a moustache. It was fun.

But I prefer to be bare.

<obvious sexual innuendo deleted>

[ January 17, 2003, 23:15: Message edited by: Taluntain ]

6. chevalier

chevalier Knight of Everfull Chalice ★ SPS Account Holder Veteran

Media:
  7. scarampella Gems: 10/31
    Latest gem: Zircon

But Vermillion, if the beard grows in enough it isn't prickly anymore. It actually is usually pretty soft. (And there is never any nasty stubble to deal with :grin:

8. Nobleman Gems: 27/31
    Latest gem: Emerald

[​IMG] Scarampella is right, long is soft.
    Sometimes I freak out and grow a Darwin beard. Then I freak out again and shave and look 10 years younger. Yes I do look 15 without a beard.. *cough*

9. joacqin

joacqin Confused Jerk Adored Veteran Pillars of Eternity SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!)

Media:
    Man I would love to be able to grow a Darwininan or Marxist beard. But at age 22 I still dont have enough beard growth for anything but a thin scraggly covering of my lower chin and neck. :(
    I just isnt fair! I cant even grow sideburns! *goes away and sulks*

10. Faragon Gems: 25/31

Veteran

Well, I couldn't grow a decent beard if I wanted to right now. Maybe in a couple of years, when I can grow a full thick beard, I'll give it a shot.

11. Pac man Gems: 25/31

I hate it, it itches like hell. I shave twice a week.

12. Sir Belisarius

Sir Belisarius Viconia's Boy Toy Distinguished Member ★ SPS Account Holder

Media:
    [​IMG] I grew a beard when I started law school...It started as a goatee, but grew out to a beard...I keep it pretty well trimmed (unlike that chewbacca looking guy in the link!) and I like it a lot! It gives me that rugged, viking look I've been going for lately.

It defnitely itches the first two weeks or so, but stick with it...It gets better! Once it grows in, use some conditioner on it to make it nice and soft - women will appreciate you for it! ;)

The other thing is, after you shave it, and the first gust of wind touches your bare face...it feels wild!!! Very naked...SO only shave in the late spring or summer!

13. Vermillion Gems: 18/31
    Latest gem: Horn Coral

[​IMG] Yeah, but when it gets soft the process starts all over again ;) . The irritation and itchyness I put my self through for her eh? :lol:

14. Ragusa

Ragusa Eternal Halfling Paladin Veteran

Media:
    [​IMG] I generally like myself to be bare. However, my g/f, for some unexplainable rason, claims she likes me having an a-few-days beard. Unfortunately my beard is black and grows fast. So not-shaving for one thing is warmly appreciated by my laziness (not only that, shaving daily and without bloodshed will be learned), on the other hand it still doesn't hinder me to shave every 3 to 7 days (which is easier with longer hair) ...

15. Dragon's Jewel Gems: 14/31
    Latest gem: Chrysoberyl

My ex used to have a moustache that I hated, but I normally like facial hair. I figure, if you're going to grow something, do it all the way! Go Chewbacca!

16. Morgoth

Morgoth La lune ne garde aucune rancune Veteran

Media:
    shaving hurts like hell in the winter.. every morning there´s bloodshed in the bathroom and it hurts even more when you try to stop the bleeding in a fast way.. yup with alcohol

17. Faragon Gems: 25/31

Veteran

That's why I always shave in the shower.

Warm water helps a lot. So does shavingcream and a sharp razor ;)

18. Falstaff

Falstaff Sleep is for the Weak of Will Veteran

I have a rather thick and fuzzy beard - actually it is a beard in the winter and a goatee in the summer.

And for those of you who can't grow one, don't worry - they can be a pain in the ass, and are generally high maintenance. Actually, I wish I could go back to my peach-fuzz, no-shaving days. Ah... to be young again.

19. Nutrimat Gems: 12/31
    Latest gem: Moonstone

I HATE shaving. But I also hate NOT shaving. So what I usually do is shave every few days. I had quite a nice one going about 5 years ago, but shaved it at the request of a girl I was dating.
    It was kinda scratchy though. I wanted this soft, silky beard, so I used to use hair conditioner on it every other day. It did not work.f
    Damn my delete key just ckonked out.

[ January 19, 2003, 07:55: Message edited by: Nutrimat ]

20. Intentioner of the Damned Gems: 14/31
    Latest gem: Chrysoberyl

I have sideburns, moustache and matching beard (Beard is as wide as moustache, not joining up with sideburns).

When i don't have it, i always want to grow it. But it looks dodgy to go to work with that unshaved look. So, over xmas i grew it.

If i dont have the set, i have a thin goatee.

Off topic, but still about hair - in that midstage between hairstyles. Used to have long hair, got it cut short and am now growing it long again. It's too long for spikes/forward style but not quite long enough for any other style. Great.

Sorcerer's Place is a project run entirely by fans and for fans. Maintaining Sorcerer's Place and a stable environment for all our hosted sites requires a substantial amount of our time and funds on a regular basis, so please consider supporting us to keep the site up & running smoothly. Thank you!

Sorcerers.net is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to products on amazon.com, amazon.ca and amazon.co.uk. Amazon and the Amazon logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.