1. SPS Accounts:
    Do you find yourself coming back time after time? Do you appreciate the ongoing hard work to keep this community focused and successful in its mission? Please consider supporting us by upgrading to an SPS Account. Besides the warm and fuzzy feeling that comes from supporting a good cause, you'll also get a significant number of ever-expanding perks and benefits on the site and the forums. Click here to find out more.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
You are currently viewing Boards o' Magick as a guest, but you can register an account here. Registration is fast, easy and free. Once registered you will have access to search the forums, create and respond to threads, PM other members, upload screenshots and access many other features unavailable to guests.

BoM cultivates a friendly and welcoming atmosphere. We have been aiming for quality over quantity with our forums from their inception, and believe that this distinction is truly tangible and valued by our members. We'd love to have you join us today!

(If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. If you've forgotten your username or password, click here.)

Baldur's Gate 3...it's official (almost)

Discussion in 'Baldur's Gate 3' started by Late-Night Thinker, Jul 20, 2004.

1. Merlanni

Merlanni Veteran New Server Contributor [2012] (for helping Sorcerer's Place lease a new, more powerful server!)

Media:
    It was not good enough. But with a bit of work that game can be transformed to a good one. Even usable as engine perhaps for BG3.

But A game like bg2 will return. because good game still sell, and crap not. Giant setps will be made in the comming months Who will but the franchise, and what will stormreach do?

If I only had the money to do it myself.

2. Sarevok• Gems: 23/31
    Latest gem: Black Opal

I don't know, nothing heard in how long? Not one bit of news about it. I think we can safely say it's not going to happen. If obsidian were making it, it would be on their "games in development" page, surely.

3. Merlanni

Merlanni Veteran New Server Contributor [2012] (for helping Sorcerer's Place lease a new, more powerful server!)

Media:
    How long did it take before doom 3 was made?

4. Balle Gems: 19/31
    Latest gem: Aquamarine

how long for the new starcraft?

5. Taluntain

Taluntain Resident Alpha and Omega Staff Member ★ SPS Account Holder Resourceful Adored Veteran Pillars of Eternity SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!) New Server Contributor [2012] (for helping Sorcerer's Place lease a new, more powerful server!) Torment: Tides of Numenera SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!) BoM XenForo Migration Contributor [2015] (for helping support the migration to new forum software!)

Media:
    Ok, let's stick to BG3...

6. Clixby Gems: 13/31
    Latest gem: Ziose

If BG3 were still in pre-development I don't think it would be shown on their website. For example, Bethesda Softworks still has Fallout 3 in production, but there isno mention of it in any part of the site.

7. gilark Gems: 1/31
    Latest gem: Turquoise

ok so i am new to this forum and just reading through some posts can anyone enlighten me . is this bg3 thing all rumours or does anyone know anything specific . for gods sake i have just started bg2 again for the 1000000000000000 time . and i cant find another game that even comes close to filling my addiction . hhhmmmmmmm maybe i should get a life ......

8. Bassil Warbone Gems: 12/31
    Latest gem: Moonstone

[​IMG] So Play BG 1 again :rolling:

9. Drathir Darthirii Gems: 12/31
    Latest gem: Moonstone

How many millions of times do I have to tell people not to exaggerate? :roll: :good:

10. Starlytt Gems: 1/31
    Latest gem: Turquoise

@Moon Elf

And it's still the best game I've played... ever.

Which is why we need BG3, now!

11. Daie d'Malkin

Daie d'Malkin Shoulda gone to Specsavers

..or maybe tomorrow...

How is all this recent Bioware, Atari et al stuff gonna affect BG3?

12. Saerdna Ranadta Gems: 2/31
    Latest gem: Fire Agate

BG3...I hope they're not using the latest 3.5 rules like the one they used in ToEE. It is the worst rules i have ever played.
    but, I agree to all of you, guys. BG3 would be real great or a real nightmare.

13. Taluntain

Taluntain Resident Alpha and Omega Staff Member ★ SPS Account Holder Resourceful Adored Veteran Pillars of Eternity SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!) New Server Contributor [2012] (for helping Sorcerer's Place lease a new, more powerful server!) Torment: Tides of Numenera SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!) BoM XenForo Migration Contributor [2015] (for helping support the migration to new forum software!)

Media:
    BG3 will definitely be using the latest D&D rules once it's actually made. WoTC demands it of all their licensed games (which makes sense; they don't want any new products to use outdated rules).

14. Saerdna Ranadta Gems: 2/31
    Latest gem: Fire Agate

[​IMG] Yeah I know that they will use the latest rules, but I just hope that they will add some changes in the 3.5 rules and make it simpler. I just did not like the "craft magic items" feats and the turn-based fighting system. How can I make fun with my spells if I need action points to cast my spells?

15. Drew

Drew Arrogant, contemptible, and obnoxious Adored Veteran

Media:
    Actually, the 3e setup is easier for spell casting than 2e. In 2e, if a wizard is going to cast a spell that's all he does, and if someone attacks him while he's casting......poof! The spell is wasted. In 3e, a wizard can move a little bit and if someone attacks him while he's casting the spell may still work. It sounds like your concern isn't as much about the ruleset but about whether the game will be real time or turn based.

16. Westhardus Gems: 4/31
    Latest gem: Sunstone

I liked BG and IWD series combat system much more than PoR and ToEE. Hopefully BG3 will be with old school comabat system with pause.

17. Clixby Gems: 13/31

Why? So you can be inevitably disappointed?

18. Aikanaro Gems: 31/31
    Latest gem: Rogue Stone

^ Whee, jaded pessimism. Are *all* CRPG sites these days infected with it? :p

19. Warrior of the World

Warrior of the World Questing through space

Yes. The glory days are long gone now. All we have left are tales of the past, to share with the young ones as we sit in the tavern during the dark winter nights.

:geezer:

20. Clixby Gems: 13/31

The Fallout days are long gone, my friends...

Sorcerer's Place is a project run entirely by fans and for fans. Maintaining Sorcerer's Place and a stable environment for all our hosted sites requires a substantial amount of our time and funds on a regular basis, so please consider supporting us to keep the site up & running smoothly. Thank you!

Sorcerers.net is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to products on amazon.com, amazon.ca and amazon.co.uk. Amazon and the Amazon logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.