1. SPS Accounts:
    Do you find yourself coming back time after time? Do you appreciate the ongoing hard work to keep this community focused and successful in its mission? Please consider supporting us by upgrading to an SPS Account. Besides the warm and fuzzy feeling that comes from supporting a good cause, you'll also get a significant number of ever-expanding perks and benefits on the site and the forums. Click here to find out more.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
You are currently viewing Boards o' Magick as a guest, but you can register an account here. Registration is fast, easy and free. Once registered you will have access to search the forums, create and respond to threads, PM other members, upload screenshots and access many other features unavailable to guests.

BoM cultivates a friendly and welcoming atmosphere. We have been aiming for quality over quantity with our forums from their inception, and believe that this distinction is truly tangible and valued by our members. We'd love to have you join us today!

(If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. If you've forgotten your username or password, click here.)

Bad characters you can't resist

Discussion in 'BG2: Shadows of Amn (Classic)' started by sleeps_to_dream, Nov 4, 2001.

1. Jurts Gems: 7/31
    Latest gem: Tchazar

Err... like how? She doesn't have effective tools to dispel enemy mage buffs. Taking out enemy mages with a cleric, I don't see the point, honestly.

2. Hugo Gems: 15/31
    Latest gem: Waterstar

Im a kensai.
    Romance=Viconia - Keldorn - EDWIN - Imoen - Jaheira.
    I'm tanking vic: AC -12, str. 18/00 ogre power gauntlets, flail of ages.

It works fine, but I miss Jan whom I kicked out for Imoen in the asylum.
    Anomen IS super annoying, way beyond even Cernd; but I've also had Mazzy and Cernd in the party for a while, but after completing the Windspear Hills in the violent way :p I needed a pally.
    I wish I could have had Mazzy for that :D .
    :yot: I heard Viconia say it just couldn't be for her being Drow and all (after she had *surrendered* to my enduring niceness) but my rep. is 15.
    (A) Is it all over now and (B) is it because of my rep. and (C) can the damage be undone if (B) is the case

3. Stu Gems: 20/31
    Latest gem: Garnet

[​IMG] I think that Jahira makes and excellent fighter providing she has sufficient weapons. My main stratergy againts tough enimies is to cast natures beauty to blind the enimy with no save and to slash them to bits. Anomencan also hold himself in battle. they are both in my party.

4. Jurts Gems: 7/31
    Latest gem: Tchazar

Eh, I cannot imagine Jaheira being labelled a "second rate" character and I'm glad that very few in this thread agree with that description. Truth is, we always have certain bias depending on how much we like the NPC's personality, and if we do like that NPC, we learn to explore and use him much more efficiently.

For example, I've had Jaheira in every party since I started playing. I know all the little details how to bring the best out of her and how to protect her in dangerous situations. As a result she ends up racking around 35% of total experience with full parties, usually beating the protagonist himself... poor omnipresent authority figure... so I have to say that she is the most powerful NPC *for me*, because I know how to use her.

Now, for example I have heard people claiming that Airhead is the most powerful NPC. I'm not going to argue with that, but instead use the same example - her personality annoys me so hugely, that I cannot force myself to invest my time into exploring and learning how to use her efficiently. Let's face it - our favourites are the "most" powerful NPC's for us...

5. LKD Gems: 31/31
    Latest gem: Rogue Stone

Veteran

On general principle, I shouldn't respond to a thread that was resurrected 2 YEARS after dyiung a natural death, but what the heck. As far as I'm concerned, there are no second rate characters. It all depends on your playing style. Some of these guys on this site (I'm certainly not one of them) who can beat the game solo with the setting on Insane! It's all about style.

Sorcerer's Place is a project run entirely by fans and for fans. Maintaining Sorcerer's Place and a stable environment for all our hosted sites requires a substantial amount of our time and funds on a regular basis, so please consider supporting us to keep the site up & running smoothly. Thank you!

Sorcerers.net is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to products on amazon.com, amazon.ca and amazon.co.uk. Amazon and the Amazon logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.