1. SPS Accounts:
    Do you find yourself coming back time after time? Do you appreciate the ongoing hard work to keep this community focused and successful in its mission? Please consider supporting us by upgrading to an SPS Account. Besides the warm and fuzzy feeling that comes from supporting a good cause, you'll also get a significant number of ever-expanding perks and benefits on the site and the forums. Click here to find out more.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
You are currently viewing Boards o' Magick as a guest, but you can register an account here. Registration is fast, easy and free. Once registered you will have access to search the forums, create and respond to threads, PM other members, upload screenshots and access many other features unavailable to guests.

BoM cultivates a friendly and welcoming atmosphere. We have been aiming for quality over quantity with our forums from their inception, and believe that this distinction is truly tangible and valued by our members. We'd love to have you join us today!

(If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. If you've forgotten your username or password, click here.)

Baator

Discussion in 'Planescape: Torment (Classic)' started by Deathmage, Jan 26, 2003.

1. Deathmage

Deathmage Arrr! Veteran

Media:
    Quick question. How do I get out?

I know I need an Obsidan. Where can I get one?

2. Lazy Bonzo Gems: 24/31
    Latest gem: Water Opal

Theres a particular spot you (NO) has to run onto in order to find it. Obsidian isnt actually an item it's actually drawn onto the map. To find the spot start off where you end up on the Baator map from being at pillar of skulls. Then run to the left and theres a little niche at the end. In the top right corner of the niche the dialog box pops up. Simple from there on.

BTW if you'r a fighter or a thief (and even a mage though not as good since spells don't come back after death and reincarnation) then Baator is EXP frenzy. Just hack till you die then reincarnate and kill some more.

3. Platter

Platter Can I buy you a tankard or two, lad? Veteran

^ For a mage you can go back to Fhjull's and rest and then go back to Baator as many times as you want.
    Here is the portal trigger you have to walk into (click "baatorportal.jpg");
    http://platter.curvedspaces.com/

[ January 26, 2003, 22:45: Message edited by: Platter ]

4. Deathmage

Deathmage Arrr! Veteran

Media:
    Eh?! I'm in that exact location and still cannot get the even to run.

Help!

5. Platter

Make sure it's Nameless One there. He is the only one that can trigger it.

6. Extremist Gems: 31/31
    Latest gem: Rogue Stone

Also, did you ask Fhjull for the portal? If not him, you'll have to ask the Pillar.

7. Deathmage

Deathmage Arrr! Veteran

Media:
    Oh.

Grrrr...I don't know what to give the Pillar now. My choices are to betray Fhjull (Never, since I'm Lawful Good), Chuck Morte back in there (Never!), Sacrifice FFG (Never!) or get bitten by them (15 Max HP is rather hefty though...)

As for the Modron Cube, I gave it to them for the Fortress of Regrets.

8. Frog Gems: 12/31
    Latest gem: Moonstone

Veteran

Ethier you give up Fhjull or suffer losing 15 HP forever. Those two are the least destructive IMHO. Pick your poison.

BTW Fhjull is EVIL to the core. (Really)

9. Deathmage

Deathmage Arrr! Veteran

Media:
    Well, at least Fhjull helped me, that's what my LG NO would be thinking...

I guess I'll suffer the -15 Max HP then. Ah well, I've got enough capable fighters to beat stuff up. Plus NO can't die so that's quite alright :)

(I've got Morte, Nordom, FFG, Vhalior, and Ignus, in case you were wandering. My NO is a fighter good with hammers.)

10. Platter

Betraying Fhjull is -3 to Good (and also -3 to Law if you've promised Fhjull you wouldn't tell anyone where he is). That's alot.
    If you have 18 Charisma you can successfully lie to the Pillar about Fhjull's location (causing only a -1 to Law).
    And you can't sacrifice FFG (try it but reload).

[ January 30, 2003, 17:02: Message edited by: Platter ]

11. Lazy Bonzo Gems: 24/31

You can put morte back in and either pull him back out (i think it's something like -5 to max hp rather than the 15) or just stand around laughing at him.

12. Deathmage

Deathmage Arrr! Veteran

Media:
    I know...but that's against RPG-Rules (I'm a sort of purist, you might say). And NO won't chuck his good friend Morte in there...

And @Platter...how did you know?

13. Platter

14. SleepleSS Gems: 24/31

[​IMG] Yeah Infinity Explorer. Rules! It makes things so easier you dont have to replay the game to reread a conversation and there is more much more.. I really love it and used it a lot! (After finishing the games for the first time)

Sorcerer's Place is a project run entirely by fans and for fans. Maintaining Sorcerer's Place and a stable environment for all our hosted sites requires a substantial amount of our time and funds on a regular basis, so please consider supporting us to keep the site up & running smoothly. Thank you!

Sorcerers.net is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to products on amazon.com, amazon.ca and amazon.co.uk. Amazon and the Amazon logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.