1. SPS Accounts:
    Do you find yourself coming back time after time? Do you appreciate the ongoing hard work to keep this community focused and successful in its mission? Please consider supporting us by upgrading to an SPS Account. Besides the warm and fuzzy feeling that comes from supporting a good cause, you'll also get a significant number of ever-expanding perks and benefits on the site and the forums. Click here to find out more.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
You are currently viewing Boards o' Magick as a guest, but you can register an account here. Registration is fast, easy and free. Once registered you will have access to search the forums, create and respond to threads, PM other members, upload screenshots and access many other features unavailable to guests.

BoM cultivates a friendly and welcoming atmosphere. We have been aiming for quality over quantity with our forums from their inception, and believe that this distinction is truly tangible and valued by our members. We'd love to have you join us today!

(If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. If you've forgotten your username or password, click here.)

Avenger armor

Discussion in 'BG2: Shadows of Amn (Classic)' started by Vukodlak, May 20, 2002.

1. Vukodlak Gems: 22/31
    Latest gem: Sphene

Veteran

Here's the thing: the kit sescription says that the avenger can only wear leather armor. Well I know that shadow dragon armor counts as leather but my avenger was delighted to discover he could also wear an item from J.Firkraag's summer 'red' collection. AFAIK this counts as scle armor? Is this a bug or is there some rationale behind this?

2. sorvo Guest

The red dragon armour is considered plate mail, so it must be a bug.

3. Extremist Gems: 31/31
    Latest gem: Rogue Stone

It is the bug, you noticed it right, the fix on it is inside the SPfixpack.

4. Vukodlak Gems: 22/31

Veteran

[​IMG] Not a bug I am very keen to fix at this very moment :D

5. Shadowcouncil Gems: 29/31
    Latest gem: Glittering Beljuril

Veteran

Why do you need a fix... you can just take it off and change it for the Shadow Armor.... I'm sure the red dragon scale is useful for another partymember.

6. Extremist Gems: 31/31

Shadow Dragon armor is problematic one, not red dragon.

7. Shadowcouncil Gems: 29/31

Veteran

???

Red Dragon Scale is the problematic one. Red Dragon Scale is a plate mail indeed.... Shadow Dragon Scale counts as Studded Leather...

8. Extremist Gems: 31/31

Uggh, sorry, he posted initially about red scale... Yes it is not studded leather but plate.
    The bug I'm referring to is that Shadow Dragon doesn't count as studded leather. I've read the post wrongly. My apologies.

[This message has been edited by Extremist (edited May 21, 2002).]

9. Vukodlak Gems: 22/31

Veteran

Erm... so anyone know why my Avenger has no trouble wearing this particular plate mail?

10. Extremist Gems: 31/31

Do you read the descriptions ever?
    (rightclick on the item)

It says unuseable by...

Does it anywhere say it is unuseable by class which is Avenger kit part of?

11. Vukodlak Gems: 22/31

Veteran

Oof, it says in kit description that Avengers can't use anything but leather armor. I can't even wear studded leather! But suddenly there's this plate made out of Mr. Firkraag and I can wear it :). I'm not complaining, just asking why out of idle curiosity.

12. DinoTiggy1 Guest

[​IMG] Count your self lucky, that is some d**n good armour, plus it looks cool to.

13. Shadowcouncil Gems: 29/31

Veteran

Vukodlak, Studder Leather is just a kind of Leather, so when a description says you can use LEather only, then you still can use Studded Leather. Just go for the Shadow Dragon Armor... and forget Firkraags Armor...

14. Vukodlak Gems: 22/31

Veteran

Nope. Avengers cannot wear studded leather - I know this from experience. However, Avengers can (and mine does) wear both the Shadow Dragon and Red Dragon armors. To make matters additionally confusing Cernd, as a shapeshifter, is not allowed ANY armor. However, HE CAN wear Shadow Dragon armor.

Either Dragon armors are very special or they are very buggy. One of the two. :1eye::1eye:

15. Vigilante Gems: 1/31
    Latest gem: Turquoise

[​IMG] Ok people, I'm not sure if some of you were aware of this, but Druids can wear natural armor as well, hence Druid's being able to wear ankeg plate in BG1, try it in Bg2, find and ankeg and make armor The druid can wear it, any kit. He can wear Dragon Armor because it is just that; Natural Armor, it may be classified as plate though but it was made from a beast making it natural.

16. Errol Gems: 23/31
    Latest gem: Black Opal

Er...it seems Vigilante is right!
    Druids can indeed wear 'natural' armour as he puts it! :D

17. Vukodlak Gems: 22/31

Veteran

Well, maybe. It might explain why the avenger can wear the red dragon armor. But what about Cernd? He can't wear the red scale but can wear shadow dragon armor?

18. Errol Gems: 23/31
    Latest gem: Black Opal

[​IMG] Well, Shapeshifters are really buggy anyway aren't they?

19. Vigilante Gems: 1/31
    Latest gem: Turquoise

Maybe because it says they cant wear any armor at all.

20. Vukodlak Gems: 22/31

Veteran

But he is allowed the shadow dragon one? Maybe it counts as a robe :1eye:

I haven't tried to put the ankheg (sp?) shell armor on him though. Anyone knows if that works?

Sorcerer's Place is a project run entirely by fans and for fans. Maintaining Sorcerer's Place and a stable environment for all our hosted sites requires a substantial amount of our time and funds on a regular basis, so please consider supporting us to keep the site up & running smoothly. Thank you!

Sorcerers.net is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to products on amazon.com, amazon.ca and amazon.co.uk. Amazon and the Amazon logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.