1. SPS Accounts:
    Do you find yourself coming back time after time? Do you appreciate the ongoing hard work to keep this community focused and successful in its mission? Please consider supporting us by upgrading to an SPS Account. Besides the warm and fuzzy feeling that comes from supporting a good cause, you'll also get a significant number of ever-expanding perks and benefits on the site and the forums. Click here to find out more.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
You are currently viewing Boards o' Magick as a guest, but you can register an account here. Registration is fast, easy and free. Once registered you will have access to search the forums, create and respond to threads, PM other members, upload screenshots and access many other features unavailable to guests.

BoM cultivates a friendly and welcoming atmosphere. We have been aiming for quality over quantity with our forums from their inception, and believe that this distinction is truly tangible and valued by our members. We'd love to have you join us today!

(If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. If you've forgotten your username or password, click here.)

Ascension Mod

Discussion in 'BG2: Throne of Bhaal (Classic)' started by Cal Jones, Apr 23, 2008.

1. Shaitan

Shaitan Always forgive your enemies; it annoys them so

I didn't feel it was unnecessarily, as I feel G3's Fixpack is the way to go as of now. I admit I've been unsure as of what to believe, but to me it seems that the guys and gals at the fixpack team - and everyone else contributing - are doing a good job bugs are being targetted and discussions held. Even David Gaider has been helping. One could disagree and 1) avoid fixpacks or 2) use Baldurdash.
    I'm using Improved Anvil as I find it good (to me challenging) and thus been using Baldurdash, but if I was to use ie SCSII instead I'd be using G3's Fixpack instead. Solely due to the authors recommandation.

2. Sikret Gems: 13/31
    Latest gem: Ziose

As Shaitan admitted, it was him who brought up the G3 fixpack into discussion, which warranted a reply from my side. It wasn't me or Baronius who started to talk about that mod in this thread.

3. Taluntain

Taluntain Resident Alpha and Omega Staff Member ★ SPS Account Holder Resourceful Adored Veteran Pillars of Eternity SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!) New Server Contributor [2012] (for helping Sorcerer's Place lease a new, more powerful server!) Torment: Tides of Numenera SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!) BoM XenForo Migration Contributor [2015] (for helping support the migration to new forum software!)

Media:
    [​IMG] But since we've heard all that there is to hear on the subject, you can stop talking about it now.

4. Splunge

Splunge Bhaal’s financial advisor Adored Veteran Pillars of Eternity SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!) Torment: Tides of Numenera SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!)

Media:
    To actually answer this question (and to add to cmorgan's comment), Ascension's Demogorgon is considerably tougher - both in terms of Demogorgon himself, and the creatures he summons to help. Having some strong tanks is pretty much a must here. But I'll admit I'm a bit fuzzy on the details, because it's been awhile since I've played that component (these days, my memory is only accurate going back about 5 minutes or so. :D )

5. Amdis

Amdis Note to self, claws are not toothpicks

LoL :D, thank you Splunge and cmorgan. As for the tanks, well i have Minsc and Anomen in my party, and who knows who i will take into my party througout the game. :)

6. Decados

Decados The Chosen One

Media:
    Demogorgon is still do-able. Quite a bit tougher than before, but if you find him a bit too tricky, there are still the alternate ways to complete Watcher's Keep. He'll be summoning quite a few demons to aid him (Breach is essential here) and will be pulling out some heavy duty spells too.

But think of the triple-wielding benefits!

I wish it did that for me. Was that from a recent update, or is it one of the 1001 bugs?

This isn't them at their worst. Thankfully, the mods cracked down early rather than letting them get warmed up.

Last edited: May 13, 2008
  7. Amdis

Amdis Note to self, claws are not toothpicks

Ok seems i wil need to plan ahead alot, thanks Decados.

8. -David_W- Gems: 3/31
    Latest gem: Lynx Eye

SCS II doesn't have a version of Demogorgon, by the way (it's compatible with the Ascension version). v7 will have one, but that's not out yet.

Sorcerer's Place is a project run entirely by fans and for fans. Maintaining Sorcerer's Place and a stable environment for all our hosted sites requires a substantial amount of our time and funds on a regular basis, so please consider supporting us to keep the site up & running smoothly. Thank you!

Sorcerers.net is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to products on amazon.com, amazon.ca and amazon.co.uk. Amazon and the Amazon logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.