1. SPS Accounts:
    Do you find yourself coming back time after time? Do you appreciate the ongoing hard work to keep this community focused and successful in its mission? Please consider supporting us by upgrading to an SPS Account. Besides the warm and fuzzy feeling that comes from supporting a good cause, you'll also get a significant number of ever-expanding perks and benefits on the site and the forums. Click here to find out more.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
You are currently viewing Boards o' Magick as a guest, but you can register an account here. Registration is fast, easy and free. Once registered you will have access to search the forums, create and respond to threads, PM other members, upload screenshots and access many other features unavailable to guests.

BoM cultivates a friendly and welcoming atmosphere. We have been aiming for quality over quantity with our forums from their inception, and believe that this distinction is truly tangible and valued by our members. We'd love to have you join us today!

(If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. If you've forgotten your username or password, click here.)

Artemis and Jarlaxle

Discussion in 'Booktalk' started by Benan, Jul 22, 2004.

1. Benan Gems: 20/31
    Latest gem: Garnet

Are there any other stories with these two other than Servant of the Shard?

Does anyone know if Salvatore intends to do anything with these two, or did they just dissapear after there enconter with Cadderly?

2. Apeman Gems: 25/31
    Latest gem: Moonbar

Veteran

There is a small story on them in the 'Best of the Realms' by several authors including RA Salvatore, but it's really short.

RAS did say that he definately wants to do a series with them.

3. Abomination Gems: 26/31
    Latest gem: Diamond

There is also a short story about them in 'Realms of Shadow'.

4. Eaglearrow Gems: 4/31
    Latest gem: Sunstone

In the 'Legacy of the Drow' books, isn't Artemis following Drizzt to the underdark and meeting Jarlaxle?

5. Benan Gems: 20/31

Jarlaxe finds Artemis on the cliffs after Drizzt and he fought. He brings him to Menzzoberanzen to join into Jarlaxles militia group.

In the Servant of the Shard, Jarlaxle and Artemis attempt to destroy the Crystal Shard with help from Cadderly.

I really would enjoy a series with them. Especially after Jarlaxle revealed that he was Matron Baenre's third son and had been scarificed to Lolth.

6. iLLusioN' Gems: 16/31
    Latest gem: Shandon

yes I would definitley love to see a series with them.

@Benanthalin
    Yes the very much got my intrest, wonder how it happened

7. Benan Gems: 20/31

I think Lolth resurected him, and thats why he is so chaotic in everything he does. Or else he is an incrediblly high powered Zin Carla or whatever the Zaknafein thing was.

Thats another thing, I'd like to see a little about Zak and Jarlaxles connection. Jarlaxle mentioned it to Drizzt in The Silent Blade.

8. Foradasthar Gems: 21/31
    Latest gem: Pearl

Jarlaxle is an interesting being. I'd like to know his alignment though. I seem to remember it was mentioned somewhere that he was neutral of some sort. Not sure though.

Anyway, the Best of the Realms is worth buying anyway. It has some very nice stories that really got me interested in wholly new novels.

9. Benan Gems: 20/31

Jarlaxle would probably fall under Chaotic Neutral. He's not really big into following laws and order. He doesn't really doesn't try to keep balance between anything. But he does really enjoy chaos, and he's not evil or good.

10. Abomination Gems: 26/31
    Latest gem: Diamond

IIRC Jarlaxe is Chaotic Neutral much like Drizzt's father whom he knew well.

11. ShaineCoradara Gems: 2/31
    Latest gem: Fire Agate

Jarlaxle is an awesome character. *smiles her trouble-making smile* That's all I have to say.

12. Artemis and Jarlaxle are my favorite characters. It would be great to hear more about their adventures.

13. Vermillion Gems: 18/31
    Latest gem: Horn Coral

The thing is that they got much more interesting than the good guys in the books. Their unique relationship and way of doing things just caught me. But then I found the parts of Exile and Legacy of the drow dealing with the Drow more interesting than the Drizzt parts.

Sorcerer's Place is a project run entirely by fans and for fans. Maintaining Sorcerer's Place and a stable environment for all our hosted sites requires a substantial amount of our time and funds on a regular basis, so please consider supporting us to keep the site up & running smoothly. Thank you!

Sorcerers.net is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to products on amazon.com, amazon.ca and amazon.co.uk. Amazon and the Amazon logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.