1. SPS Accounts:
    Do you find yourself coming back time after time? Do you appreciate the ongoing hard work to keep this community focused and successful in its mission? Please consider supporting us by upgrading to an SPS Account. Besides the warm and fuzzy feeling that comes from supporting a good cause, you'll also get a significant number of ever-expanding perks and benefits on the site and the forums. Click here to find out more.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
You are currently viewing Boards o' Magick as a guest, but you can register an account here. Registration is fast, easy and free. Once registered you will have access to search the forums, create and respond to threads, PM other members, upload screenshots and access many other features unavailable to guests.

BoM cultivates a friendly and welcoming atmosphere. We have been aiming for quality over quantity with our forums from their inception, and believe that this distinction is truly tangible and valued by our members. We'd love to have you join us today!

(If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. If you've forgotten your username or password, click here.)

Are you a geek?

Discussion in 'Whatnots' started by Hacken Slash, Jan 22, 2007.

1. kuemper Gems: 31/31
    Latest gem: Rogue Stone

2. JSBB Gems: 31/31
    Latest gem: Rogue Stone

@kuemper - If my score keeps increasing at the same rate then I should pass your current score in five years. Actually, now that I think about it, the nature of many of the boxes means that peoples scores would increase over time.

3. Atmer

Atmer Wandering... Veteran Pillars of Eternity SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!) New Server Contributor [2012] (for helping Sorcerer's Place lease a new, more powerful server!)

23.07692% - Geek

I'd say, I'm geek enough...

4. Dendri Gems: 20/31
    Latest gem: Garnet

6.70611% - Poser

I rank low amongst the geeks. :D

5. Bahir the Red Gems: 18/31
    Latest gem: Horn Coral

Keeping logs over the score on geekyness tests - that's geeky alright!

6. Carcaroth

Carcaroth I call on the priests, saints and dancin' girls ★ SPS Account Holder

21.89349% Geek

7. Dendri Gems: 20/31

:lol: :lol:

8. Register Gems: 29/31
    Latest gem: Glittering Beljuril

16.56805% - Geek

Although, I have a social life, so I cannot be a geek, merely a nerd.

9. Harbourboy

Harbourboy Take thy form from off my door! Veteran Pillars of Eternity SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!)

Being a real geek would be cool. Then I could go on 'Beauty and the Geek'. :love:

10. Balle Gems: 19/31
    Latest gem: Aquamarine

i got around 20% on that one.. well that being th only one! like the newcastle brown ale.

what a lovely thing to do when not doing homework

11. The Magister Gems: 26/31
    Latest gem: Diamond

Media:
    I always thought it was the other way around.

12. Elwithral Irenicus Gems: 20/31

5.91%! I'm a poser! I didn't know what a lot of things meant. Too bad. :D

13. BlckDeth Gems: 7/31
    Latest gem: Tchazar

Veteran

I think merely posting on a site called "sorcerers.net," which is a site centered around a computer game based on a fantasy/rp game, which is based on medieval fantasy; qualifies every one of us as "geeks."

Not to mention the fact that we're posting in the said forum about what geeks we are. :lol:

14. Stu Gems: 20/31

know "the value of pi (to 10 digits)"
    There was a guy in my physics class who learned it to 14 figures...until someone else in the class did. He then learned it to 28 figures and maintained that it was a lot easier if you remember it in groups of 14.

I got 20.11834%. That's somewhat higher than I anticipated and was mainly helped along with my ability in the sciences (I did physics, chemistry and biology in yr12...and topped all three.)

I ended up googleing "how to count to 31 on one hand" and I actually understood it, so you could probably add 1/2 a point or somehting to my above score

15. TrueBlueAussie Gems: 17/31
    Latest gem: Star Diopside

Just googled it as well to see what it was. It doesnt get much geekier than that.

16. 8people

8people 8 is just another way of looking at infinite ★ SPS Account Holder Adored Veteran

Media:
    [​IMG] I thought most people knew how to do it :xx:

17. Ofelix

Ofelix The world changes, we do not, what irony!

Media:
    I got around 12% so that gave me geekish tendencies. Well the fact that I study cinema in college doesn't really help me. I *do* enjoy obscure, documentaries, and foreing film. :p

There should've been an option « I have/had a girl/boyfriend » So you would score lower :lol:

18. revmaf

revmaf Older, not wiser, but a lot more fun

Absolutely, BD. But isn't it fun? ;)

19. Harbourboy

Harbourboy Take thy form from off my door! Veteran Pillars of Eternity SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!)

Posting here should be an automatic 20 points.

20. Stefanina Gems: 18/31
    Latest gem: Horn Coral

Veteran

Media:
    35.10848% here.

Not surprising, although I'll be getting geekier, I haven't really touched programming or serious web authoring yet.
    Does the fact that i'm investigating setting up a WAN for my family get me bonus points? LOL

Sorcerer's Place is a project run entirely by fans and for fans. Maintaining Sorcerer's Place and a stable environment for all our hosted sites requires a substantial amount of our time and funds on a regular basis, so please consider supporting us to keep the site up & running smoothly. Thank you!

Sorcerers.net is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to products on amazon.com, amazon.ca and amazon.co.uk. Amazon and the Amazon logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.