1. SPS Accounts:
    Do you find yourself coming back time after time? Do you appreciate the ongoing hard work to keep this community focused and successful in its mission? Please consider supporting us by upgrading to an SPS Account. Besides the warm and fuzzy feeling that comes from supporting a good cause, you'll also get a significant number of ever-expanding perks and benefits on the site and the forums. Click here to find out more.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
You are currently viewing Boards o' Magick as a guest, but you can register an account here. Registration is fast, easy and free. Once registered you will have access to search the forums, create and respond to threads, PM other members, upload screenshots and access many other features unavailable to guests.

BoM cultivates a friendly and welcoming atmosphere. We have been aiming for quality over quantity with our forums from their inception, and believe that this distinction is truly tangible and valued by our members. We'd love to have you join us today!

(If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. If you've forgotten your username or password, click here.)

Arcanum

Discussion in 'Playground' started by ejsmith, Aug 31, 2002.

1. Ray192 Gems: 5/31
    Latest gem: Andar

"Yeah, but actually getting Nasrudin on the *map* is the tough part. Those Mickey Mouse instructions to the Tomb, and then you have to pickup on the clue that was etched into the "other" guy's tomb, would have locked me up at the stage."

oh yeah.... it took me like 5 hours to figure out I was supposed to also click on the lid too..... then it took me anout 5 days to figure out what the heck I was supposed to in in rosenberg, and what the heck did that bucket mean....

2. ejsmith Gems: 25/31
    Latest gem: Moonbar

Well, there goes that.

I was trying to keep it vague and cryptographic. But you just lauched the tripflare that let the whole base know.

Oh well. That was *the* only part of Arcanum that, in itself, was a gimmic to lengthen the gameplay. I don't subsidize *mazes* in games...

3. Ray192 Gems: 5/31

hey, those clues won't mean anything to the people who didn't play the game for extent, and I didn't tell them waht the bucket meant anyways.

4. joacqin

joacqin Confused Jerk Adored Veteran Pillars of Eternity SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!)

Media:
    Talk about mazes, I hate em! I hate the dark which make it so you cant see squat and have to click in every direction in hope of your character starts to move. :mad:
    Any tips on making dungeons easier? I am in the Vendigoth ruins now and I cant navigate at all, it seems like my followers go to places I cant go to, I click there but nothing happens! :mad: Thats the most annyoing part yet of this otherwise superb game.

5. Ray192 Gems: 5/31

"Talk about mazes, I hate em! I hate the dark which make it so you cant see squat and have to click in every direction in hope of your character starts to move.
    Any tips on making dungeons easier? I am in the Vendigoth ruins now and I cant navigate at all, it seems like my followers go to places I cant go to, I click there but nothing happens! Thats the most annyoing part yet of this otherwise superb game. "

.... that never happend to me before, except when I want some to go to a SPECIFIC place, like in front of the door..... but that doesn't ususally happen.

6. ejsmith Gems: 25/31
    Latest gem: Moonbar

Hmmmm.

I always loaded all my people up with Miner's helmets.

I never really thought any areas were all that dark. I think the main function of the helmets were to make your people see traps easier, but I thought they helped out the gamma as well.

Crank up your gamma, or your brightness.

7. joacqin

joacqin Confused Jerk Adored Veteran Pillars of Eternity SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!)

Media:
    I did, didnt help much and miners helmets light is to tiny so it doesnt really matter. But I did manage to finish the ruins, I think there were some kind of pathfinding bug but I still think it is hell to find my way in dark dungeons in Arcanum.

Sorcerer's Place is a project run entirely by fans and for fans. Maintaining Sorcerer's Place and a stable environment for all our hosted sites requires a substantial amount of our time and funds on a regular basis, so please consider supporting us to keep the site up & running smoothly. Thank you!

Sorcerers.net is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to products on amazon.com, amazon.ca and amazon.co.uk. Amazon and the Amazon logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.