1. SPS Accounts:
    Do you find yourself coming back time after time? Do you appreciate the ongoing hard work to keep this community focused and successful in its mission? Please consider supporting us by upgrading to an SPS Account. Besides the warm and fuzzy feeling that comes from supporting a good cause, you'll also get a significant number of ever-expanding perks and benefits on the site and the forums. Click here to find out more.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
You are currently viewing Boards o' Magick as a guest, but you can register an account here. Registration is fast, easy and free. Once registered you will have access to search the forums, create and respond to threads, PM other members, upload screenshots and access many other features unavailable to guests.

BoM cultivates a friendly and welcoming atmosphere. We have been aiming for quality over quantity with our forums from their inception, and believe that this distinction is truly tangible and valued by our members. We'd love to have you join us today!

(If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. If you've forgotten your username or password, click here.)

Anyone recruited both?

Discussion in 'Dragon Age: Origins' started by pplr, Dec 8, 2009.

1. pplr Gems: 18/31
    Latest gem: Horn Coral

Veteran

Media:
    Hello,

Relatively quick question/point. It has been said that both the mages and the templars can be recruited. It is pretty easy to see a group A vs group B choice at the Circle Tower. That is templars vs mages.

If you have managed to recruit both how did you pull it off or how do you think it was/can be done?

It would be great to see both brought together through some sort of compromise/calling to a good beyond dealing with the current crisis. How though?

2. Munchkin Blender Gems: 22/31
    Latest gem: Sphene

My experience has been you can only recruit the Templars or the Mages depending on what you do when you play through the tower.

The same is said for the Elves and Werewolves. You can only gain one assistance for the blight.

3. pplr Gems: 18/31
    Latest gem: Horn Coral

Veteran

Media:
    Maybe he was wrong but I heard someone claim to have recruited both (templars & mages). I was trying to figure out how or if anyone else had.

I haven't seen anyone make the same claim with regard to the Dalish elves & werewolves.

As neither the templars nor the mages has their future future depending on the elimination or transformation of the other it makes sense that at least some of the mages and templars could survive.

Also note that in the wolves vs Dalish situation there are 3 options, kill group A, kill group B, or change both with werewolves to humans and new leadership for the elves-actually leaders for each group changes....

There may be a less obvious 3rd option for templars and mages in a similar vein.

4. Marceror

Marceror Chaos Shall Be Sown In Their Footsteps Adored Veteran Pillars of Eternity SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!) Torment: Tides of Numenera SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!) BoM XenForo Migration Contributor [2015] (for helping support the migration to new forum software!)

Media:
    Wow, in my first playthrough neither the mages nor the templars were eliminated. Both groups continued on, attempting to rebuild the circle tower. After cleaning the tower of abominations, I recruited the mages to help against the Blight. Sometime shortly after that, if I recall correctly, the templars mentioned that they would assist me also. So for me they came as a package deal, I guess you could say. That said, during the end game fights I didn't have the option to call any templars into battle (like I could the mages, elves, dwarves, etc), but as far as the story went, I believe that they were supposed to be somewhere in the fray helping.

5. Munchkin Blender Gems: 22/31

End game battles only allow for one alliance group to show up for each of the treaties. Even though you may make them all agree to help; the group that said they will help you out first will be the group that shows up to help battle the darkspawn.

6. Munchkin Blender Gems: 22/31

In my last play through I had both the golemsn and dwarfs to select as a group along with the mages, elves and humans.

7. Caradhras

Caradhras I may be bad... but I feel gooood! Veteran

Media:
    I don't think you can get both Templars and Mages (I haven't been able to achieve that in any of my games). In my experience if both groups survive then you'll get the Mages and not the Templars.

8. Queen_Helena Gems: 1/31
    Latest gem: Turquoise

[​IMG]
    I did once :) - I had both Templars and Mages , but I dont remember the conversational option I used to get both :(

Sorcerer's Place is a project run entirely by fans and for fans. Maintaining Sorcerer's Place and a stable environment for all our hosted sites requires a substantial amount of our time and funds on a regular basis, so please consider supporting us to keep the site up & running smoothly. Thank you!

Sorcerers.net is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to products on amazon.com, amazon.ca and amazon.co.uk. Amazon and the Amazon logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.