1. SPS Accounts:
    Do you find yourself coming back time after time? Do you appreciate the ongoing hard work to keep this community focused and successful in its mission? Please consider supporting us by upgrading to an SPS Account. Besides the warm and fuzzy feeling that comes from supporting a good cause, you'll also get a significant number of ever-expanding perks and benefits on the site and the forums. Click here to find out more.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
You are currently viewing Boards o' Magick as a guest, but you can register an account here. Registration is fast, easy and free. Once registered you will have access to search the forums, create and respond to threads, PM other members, upload screenshots and access many other features unavailable to guests.

BoM cultivates a friendly and welcoming atmosphere. We have been aiming for quality over quantity with our forums from their inception, and believe that this distinction is truly tangible and valued by our members. We'd love to have you join us today!

(If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. If you've forgotten your username or password, click here.)

Anyone Play Final Fantasy?

Discussion in 'Final Fantasy Series' started by Icingdeath45, Apr 2, 2003.

1. Icingdeath45 Gems: 12/31
    Latest gem: Moonstone

I was just wondering if anyone here plays Final Fantasy. if you do, who's your favorite character, and what number is your favorite. Mine's Cloud from Final Fantasy VII.

2. Sniper Gems: 28/31
    Latest gem: Star Sapphire

FVII is the best in my opinion minus the graphics ... and my favourite character (s), i have to say 3 but they were Cloud, that girl with the gloves and Valentine i think his name is ... uses guns.

Then again, FVIII took awhile to get into but the story line (love wise) was amazing and the song played in the Ragnarock (sp) is amaazing! For that i'd say Squall, Rinoa and Zell...

3. Sephiroth Gems: 14/31
    Latest gem: Chrysoberyl

Yeah,Final VII is the best one !!I guess Vincent is my favourite character,he looks really cool with his guns.
    I also like Final V on the SNES very much,but I can't beat the last boss :mad: ,and don't want to level up.

4. Apeman Gems: 25/31
    Latest gem: Moonbar

Veteran

I played FFVII on the PC, great game still to this day, but I never bothered buying a lame playstation just for FFIX- to wherever they are now

5. Sniper Gems: 28/31
    Latest gem: Star Sapphire

Don't diss the playstation! They are kewl! :D :heh:

6. Sephiroth Gems: 14/31

Well you don't need a Playstation to play FF IX,you can play it with an emu,too.But I find the game isn't it worth to look for an emu.

7. Wordplay Gems: 29/31
    Latest gem: Glittering Beljuril

[​IMG] Hehee, bought a few days ago FF 7 and 9 for my PC... Should be here any day now. It will be interesting to see if the 4 char party (in FF9) will prove to be as good as in FF3...

8. Apeman Gems: 25/31
    Latest gem: Moonbar

Veteran

If you say so.

Can you buy FFIX for the PC?

9. Quicksylver Gems: 4/31
    Latest gem: Sunstone

Fighter from Final Fantasy One. :)
    Actually, the original Final Fantasy will always be my favorite - I spent years of my life playing it over and over...I can't wait to get Final Fantasy Origins.

Seriously, two of my favorite characters are Shadow and Locke from FF6. Shadow is the smooth, deadly assassin ninja type, and Locke is your typical dashing rogue. "I'm not a thief! I'm a TREASURE HUNTER!" Great stuff.

10. Death Rabbit

Death Rabbit Straight, no chaser Adored Veteran Torment: Tides of Numenera SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!)

Media:
    I must be a purist, because the original Final Fantasy will be the standard to which I hold all RPG's forever. My fave was the red wizard and the thief, who later becomes a ninja.

Did anyone else find it odd that the Black Belt became a 'Master,' and the Theif became the 'Ninja'? Does that seem bass-ackwards or is it just me?

11. Quicksylver Gems: 4/31

Death Rabbit rocks!

Sorry...it's just not often that I hear of another person who thinks FF1 is the best. I honestly do. Sure, the graphics can't compete with the modern versions, but FF set a standard that, just like Death Rabbit, I hold every subsequent RPG up to.

An what IS up with the Black Belt thing? Maybe it is because ninjas were usually thieves and assassins historically, right? So you start out as a thief and become a ninja? Heh.

12. Jesper898 Gems: 21/31
    Latest gem: Pearl

I got every Final Fantasy except Tactics (can't get it in europe :( )
    Origins is a very good game :D
    I think the FF series is the best CRPG series ever (Baldurs gate go home! :p )

13. Death Rabbit

Death Rabbit Straight, no chaser Adored Veteran Torment: Tides of Numenera SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!)

Media:
    I guess so - they should've have just called him a Monk, in that case. That's really what he is, anyway. I mean, it is actually 4 letters, rather than "BBlt" to abbreviate 'Black Belt'.

What is 'Origins' coming out for? PS? Haven't heard anything about this, but sounds great...

14. Quicksylver Gems: 4/31

Yeah, he is a monk.

Origins is out this month in the US, right? It includes Final Fantasy 1 and 2, which have been souped up to 32-bit graphics, I think. The plot is pretty much the same as the first from what I read, with a few new enemies. Isn't that right, Jesper?

I drool in anticipation.

15. Foradasthar Gems: 21/31

FF VI is the best game. And Terra is the best character. Mainly because she's the most interesting one.

FF VII comes as a good second. Aerith and the Turks being the most personally important characters on it.

Final Fantasies after VII just haven't felt right. And before it they're too ugly. FF VI was the first one I ever played properly as well.

16. Death Rabbit

Media:
    I've heard a lot about VI...what system is it on? PS1?

What I liked best about earlier games was the fact that you could construct your party as you saw fit, building the classes of your choice as you go along. Though the newer ones are fun, pretty, and have interesting story lines, I find them way too linear.

"Start at location A, kill totally random monsters along the way, move to location B. Rinse. Repeat."

Though I guess some consider that "role playing," I see it as merely piloting a very limited preselected character through a predetermined path, joining up with predetermined allies to unite in open conflict against a predetermined enemy.

You don't have to think at all, really. The only challenge lies in the battles. There's no character management, because each character is usually only limited to one or two functions. No armor, no changeable traits...Ida know. Just not much there for me. I like to know that my character is getting more powerful because of the choices I make, good or bad.

Sorry Jesper...don't kill me for my purist beliefs!

17. Jesper898 Gems: 21/31

*Slaps Death Rabbit* :D

Origins is FF 1 and 2 with FF6 style graphics and improved music (it sounds great).
    There are also some extra stuff (like bestiary and game art and the likes) I would recommend Origins to anyone who liked the original FFs :)

18. Wordplay Gems: 29/31
    Latest gem: Glittering Beljuril

FF 1,2,3,4 and 5 are for children, whereas the subsequent ones are for all ages; that´s why I have found those first FFs disgustingly simple -both in plot and character development. So, trying them again would be just waste of time.

19. Sephiroth Gems: 14/31

quote:
    -------------------------------------------------------------
    FF 1,2,3,4 and 5 are for children
    -------------------------------------------------------------
    At least FF 5 not :wail:

Forgot FF Tactics,great game,I loved it really,but it was way too short!I liked there Cloud most (Ok he was a bit slow,but hey,it was CLOUD ;) )

20. Death Rabbit

Media:
    If any of the games were a waste, they were the FF Adventure and Legend games. Didn't like them one bit.

Sorcerer's Place is a project run entirely by fans and for fans. Maintaining Sorcerer's Place and a stable environment for all our hosted sites requires a substantial amount of our time and funds on a regular basis, so please consider supporting us to keep the site up & running smoothly. Thank you!

Sorcerers.net is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to products on amazon.com, amazon.ca and amazon.co.uk. Amazon and the Amazon logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.