1. SPS Accounts:
    Do you find yourself coming back time after time? Do you appreciate the ongoing hard work to keep this community focused and successful in its mission? Please consider supporting us by upgrading to an SPS Account. Besides the warm and fuzzy feeling that comes from supporting a good cause, you'll also get a significant number of ever-expanding perks and benefits on the site and the forums. Click here to find out more.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
You are currently viewing Boards o' Magick as a guest, but you can register an account here. Registration is fast, easy and free. Once registered you will have access to search the forums, create and respond to threads, PM other members, upload screenshots and access many other features unavailable to guests.

BoM cultivates a friendly and welcoming atmosphere. We have been aiming for quality over quantity with our forums from their inception, and believe that this distinction is truly tangible and valued by our members. We'd love to have you join us today!

(If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. If you've forgotten your username or password, click here.)

Anyone play Call of Cthulu??

Discussion in 'Whatnots' started by Tyresian, Jul 4, 2001.

1. Tyresian Gems: 8/31
    Latest gem: Skydrop

Everyone here seems to only play AD&D. Does anyone happen to play Call of Cthulu? Does anyone play anything other than AD&D?

Does anyone know what Call of Cthulu is?

2. Seric Exz Guest

I've read a bit about Call of Cthulhu, and other Chaosium stuff. I'm currently reading "The Yellow Sign (and Other Stories)" (Robert W. Chambers), and afaik., this is "Call of Cthulhu Fiction".

I never actually got around to playing Call of Cthulhu, though.

3. Melkhior Guest

I can play Metallica´s call of chtulu on drums :D :D :D

4. Kitiara Gems: 14/31
    Latest gem: Chrysoberyl

hmmm i do believe that is called "call of Ktulu" :D

[This message has been edited by Darien Noella (edited July 07, 2001).]

5. Slappy Gems: 19/31
    Latest gem: Aquamarine

I had a mate who raved about Call of Cthulu. he tried to get a group of us together to play a campaign but it never took off unfortunately. It sounded quite good though.

As to what we've played apart from D&D. I have never played D&D in P&P. I rolled up a charcater once but then got called away from the area before the game started (doh). Most of my P&P expereince is with Warhammer Fantasy(great system), Starwars (West End Games and great for fast paced fun) and Shadowrunner (a pretty terrible system with the out of body stuff - the DM had to keep modifiying the rules to get the game going).

I also really fanced playing another West End Game - Paranoid I think it was called. You started with several lives and the most dangerous people you meet where the rest of the party. It was set in a very big brother/Brazil type world and everyone was always spying one veryone else.

By the way, wouldn't this be better off in the 2/3rd edition forum as there are more P&P people there.

6. Vandalore Gems: 7/31
    Latest gem: Tchazar

I've played Call of Cthulu once. I would've enjoyed it but I had no sleep so I kind of fell asleep during the game play. I can't remember if I was eatten or my soul got consumed by something. Normally, a typical character doesn't last that long in a game session, but I guess I didn't know what was going on. Knowing less is more. Insanity happens quite frequently in this game. Perhaps if I was awake, I would've gotten farther. I would like to play again.

We have so many other campaigns of other D&D stuff going on right now, it's hard to make time for Cthulu.

7. Tyresian Gems: 8/31
    Latest gem: Skydrop

Too bad vandalore. I don't know what campaign you were playing but utter insanity doesn't happen all that often, just small side affects...

You guys really should make time for it... oh well.

8. Boon Gems: 4/31
    Latest gem: Sunstone

Great game, the last campaign I was in my character became a werewolf.

9. Vandalore Gems: 7/31
    Latest gem: Tchazar

Ty: yeah, but I was a school teacher. :) insanity wasn't far off in my future anyhow. lol

10. Voltric Gems: 19/31

Call of Cthulu is a great game. On the same line I also enjoy Chill. I've played and/or run games in GURPS, ShadowRun, Rifts, Earth Dawn, and others in addition to tons of AD&D. I think GURPS is the best system for everything except fantasy games but many other system are great as well.

Ty; I had the same issue as you, when I asked what were people favorite RPG systems I got a big blank. It's good to see another table top player around.

11. Septic Yogurt Gems: 9/31
    Latest gem: Iol

hey Melkhior, we should get together, i can play that song's bassline.

12. Ian24971 Gems: 1/31
    Latest gem: Turquoise

I used to really enjoy playing the RPG and reading the various books etc. I wish someone would bring a DECENT game out for the PC, but I doubt whether they could get the atmosphere that the game needs though?!?

13. I once played a really really old pc game called prisoner of ice, think it was based on the Call of Chtulu thing. Man was that a shitty game....

14. Zaragoth Guest

Septic Yogurt:
    Really? :)
    Cool! :cool: Metallica rocks. I think that I can play all of their songs. (On drums that is... :p )
    I play almost all metal. Ehmm. If this isn´t a strange post, then I don´t know what is! :rolleyes:
    /Melkhior

[This message has been edited by Zaragoth (edited July 10, 2001).]

15. The Deviant Mage Gems: 13/31
    Latest gem: Ziose

[​IMG] A Lovecraft RPG?

So that means that all characters either turn into monsters or go insane, right? What's the objective? Develope the coolest phobia? Get squished or obliterated by the scariest monster?

Hmm...I'll have to look into this. Sounds fun. ;)

16. Voltric Gems: 19/31

That about covers it! :D The objective is to see how long you can go before one of those things happens to your character. PCs don't have a long life expectency.

Sorcerer's Place is a project run entirely by fans and for fans. Maintaining Sorcerer's Place and a stable environment for all our hosted sites requires a substantial amount of our time and funds on a regular basis, so please consider supporting us to keep the site up & running smoothly. Thank you!

Sorcerers.net is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to products on amazon.com, amazon.ca and amazon.co.uk. Amazon and the Amazon logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.