1. SPS Accounts:
    Do you find yourself coming back time after time? Do you appreciate the ongoing hard work to keep this community focused and successful in its mission? Please consider supporting us by upgrading to an SPS Account. Besides the warm and fuzzy feeling that comes from supporting a good cause, you'll also get a significant number of ever-expanding perks and benefits on the site and the forums. Click here to find out more.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
You are currently viewing Boards o' Magick as a guest, but you can register an account here. Registration is fast, easy and free. Once registered you will have access to search the forums, create and respond to threads, PM other members, upload screenshots and access many other features unavailable to guests.

BoM cultivates a friendly and welcoming atmosphere. We have been aiming for quality over quantity with our forums from their inception, and believe that this distinction is truly tangible and valued by our members. We'd love to have you join us today!

(If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. If you've forgotten your username or password, click here.)

Anyone else have an enemy they absolutely hate in a game?

Discussion in 'Playground' started by JiggaJay, Dec 19, 2005.

1. Dave the Magic Turtle Gems: 16/31
    Latest gem: Shandon

Veteran

Media:
    Archers in Dynasty Warriors...not particularly tough, but really annoying, since they disrupt your awesome combo. On "Zone of the Enders 2", or ZOE2, theres this boss I cannot beat, I think its Ardjet, piloted by Ken Marinaris...I swear she's impossible!

Infact I might start the game again and try again...she will die one day...and when she does there will be much rejoicing! :D

2. Lukki Gems: 5/31
    Latest gem: Andar

Veteran

Goat archers in Diablo 1. Fetishes in the third act of Diablo II. Trebuchets and catapults in Age of Empires 2. Archers usually annoy me in any game, too. In Baldur's Gate series I hate wizards. Lots of restarting. And the crazy opponents in NFSU are annoying, too, yes. In IL-2 Sturmovik I hate Spitfires, the late ones are too good, but they don't look good in my eye. Ugly and deadly planes in WW2? No! In Civ2 the French were always fighting me no matter what. I haven't played some of these games for a while.

3. Lynadin Gems: 11/31
    Latest gem: Bloodstone

The blue ghost in PacMan :mad: :hahaerr:

4. Foradasthar Gems: 21/31
    Latest gem: Pearl

I'd have to agree with Wirhe, but in my case it's all about human players. A sniper is the most retarded class / weapon ever to make it into a multiplayer game. It's the most accurrate, the most powerful, has the greatest range (so you never have to be in the frontlines fighting like the rest)... so why the heck are there even other weapons?

They never ever, and I mean never implement any of the downsides to it. So one shot and a reload? Who cares, when in even moderately skilled hands it's the first shot that counts anyway? It handles just the same as a pistol or a knife so why not use it?

I don't play multiplayer games with snipers anymore. At all.

For singleplayer games, I'd have to say Metroid Prime in *gasp* Metroid Prime. That's hard mode.

The first part of the fight is easy really, but it's the last one that gets to me. And the combination of the whole thing taking so frigging long. Takes like what, 5 minutes just to run there from the last savepoint (including the fighting with the metroids that are immune to supermissiles etc - and incidentally, there is a missilestation nearby, but nothing to get those powerbombs back that you really need there AND in the last boss fight too). After which you have to fight the 10 minutes or so with the boss to get to the last phase where it all becomes more or less a matter of luck.

If you constantly switch through the wrong vision modes first, your reaction time will be slow, likely making you lose (the working one is random, for those who don't know). If you just happen to get the wrong kind of spawn of metroids from it, you lose to constant interruptions and inability to fight back. And when you do lose because of luck, you need to put the 15 minutes to get to the only real point that matters once more.

End fights like that should be a thing of the past.

5. Blog Gems: 23/31
    Latest gem: Black Opal

Haha... pacman...

There were some annoying monsters in Might the Magic. Anything that could eradicate your characters from a distance was a pain to fight. Like liches. By the time you close in to attack, you have some eradicated party members already, which you can't bring back. Sucks. Reload.

6. Harbourboy

Harbourboy Take thy form from off my door! Veteran Pillars of Eternity SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!)

Good point, Blog: Pacman! Those little monsters in Pacman were evil - the way they ganged up on you in the corner when you'd run out of power pills.... I can still hear that wawawa sound that happened when your Pacman folded in on himself and died.

7. Enagonios Gems: 31/31
    Latest gem: Rogue Stone

the Fetishes in Diablo2 as well :rolleyes:

the hydra in Spartan:Total Warrior. Those regenerating heads really tick me off :mad:

8. Jazhara7 Gems: 7/31
    Latest gem: Tchazar

When I first played "Baldur's Gate II" (before BG I, come to think of it), I learned to despise Lich (Lich/Liches/Lichs? What is the correct plural of "Lich"?). My character always got killed fast. However, these days I don't really hate them that much any longer, because I got used to fighting them. And I think I accidentally did some of the more difficult quests in BG II first, when I would have better chosen other, easier quests.

Also, in "Fallout 2", Wanamingos are a real trouble. They are hard to defeat and they come in groups. On the other hand, I think Deathclaws are quite cute - They're basically huge Chameleons!

9. Colthrun

Colthrun Walk first in the forest and last in the bog Veteran

The Tremere's little mutant frogs in Vampire the Masquerade: Redemption. Aaaargh, they keep jumping here and there and it takes forever to kill them...

@Jazhara7: Wanamingos were a pain... until I found the Power Armor. From then on, it was a walk in the park.

10. Slowpoke Gems: 2/31
    Latest gem: Fire Agate

The Mephadin Doorlord in Anachronox. That was probably the most brutal, longest-drawn-out battle in any RPG I've ever played (not to mention that you had to do a specific action if you wanted to actually win it). It outranks even the battle with Nessie in Wizardry 8.

11. Undertaker Gems: 27/31
    Latest gem: Emerald

My list is very long... :( so only few
    -those little nasty skeletal Fetishes in Act 3 of Diablo 2
    -cheating AI in all games (esp in Jedi Outcast and CIV series)
    -Draconis - BG2 ToB
    -everything that dies from the air blow created by my sword. I hate fighting with lvl1 enemies with my uber character

12. Whoa.KinG Gems: 1/31
    Latest gem: Turquoise

- Draconis in TOB, he was such a bitch with that invis and heal.
    - Oblivion Knights and Fetishes in D2.
    - Nitrous Oxide in Crash Team Racing.
    - Snipers in any FPS.
    - The Elite in Halo1/2 (I'm not very good at the game).

13. Arahar

Arahar Hmm, it's a dwarf. Distinguished Member ★ SPS Account Holder

The puddings in FF1.

Last edited by a moderator: Jun 15, 2012
  14. iLLusioN' Gems: 16/31
    Latest gem: Shandon

wow you anti sniper people would hate me lolz. not many games that the sniper cannot be taken out in, if you think and have some teammates.(thinking of CS:S)

but for me its all the people in cs who whine and moan about the AWP

Diablo 2 those damn fetishes....also the ancients in act 5....so tough with a properly leveled party(i.e. no lvl 80 people in normal)

NFS:MW the frigging corvet cops when you get to heat level 5...its almost impossible to get away from them in some of the later stages.

15. Newfie Banned

In Warcraft III: Reign of Chaos, that head demon guy who kept coming back to life while you were trying to kill all the zombies in the town. Not only did he not die, he kept coming back stronger and putting me to sleep while he and his minions whacked my knights and footmen. That mission made me want to scream.

16. Maurolava

Maurolava Neither to go back, nor to take impulse Veteran

on Metal Gear series, OCELOT, that f*** is in all the games, and is always one step ahead. :flaming:

Last edited by a moderator: Jun 16, 2012
  17. Ofelix

Ofelix The world changes, we do not, what irony!

Media:
    BG2; Any one who uses Confusion; especialy Yuan Ti mage... Sonavaslut!

18. Sydax Gems: 19/31
    Latest gem: Aquamarine

Playing with an Amazon in Diablo 2, fighting Duriel is a pain, I really hate him.

19. Sparhawk the Pandion Gems: 14/31
    Latest gem: Chrysoberyl

Darkballs in Kingdom Hearts.

They are everywhere later in the game....so annoying.

20. Register Gems: 29/31
    Latest gem: Glittering Beljuril

Sydax; That's the second one. The first one didn't have no Paladins or Mages, it had Knights, Priests, and Conjurers. It also had no Ogre-Magis, it had Necolytes and Raiders. It also had no boats either.

Sorcerer's Place is a project run entirely by fans and for fans. Maintaining Sorcerer's Place and a stable environment for all our hosted sites requires a substantial amount of our time and funds on a regular basis, so please consider supporting us to keep the site up & running smoothly. Thank you!

Sorcerers.net is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to products on amazon.com, amazon.ca and amazon.co.uk. Amazon and the Amazon logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.