1. SPS Accounts:
    Do you find yourself coming back time after time? Do you appreciate the ongoing hard work to keep this community focused and successful in its mission? Please consider supporting us by upgrading to an SPS Account. Besides the warm and fuzzy feeling that comes from supporting a good cause, you'll also get a significant number of ever-expanding perks and benefits on the site and the forums. Click here to find out more.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
You are currently viewing Boards o' Magick as a guest, but you can register an account here. Registration is fast, easy and free. Once registered you will have access to search the forums, create and respond to threads, PM other members, upload screenshots and access many other features unavailable to guests.

BoM cultivates a friendly and welcoming atmosphere. We have been aiming for quality over quantity with our forums from their inception, and believe that this distinction is truly tangible and valued by our members. We'd love to have you join us today!

(If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. If you've forgotten your username or password, click here.)

Anybody Tried the Chosen of Mystra mods (spoils included)?

Discussion in 'Icewind Dale (Classic)' started by jeremiah, Jan 24, 2004.

1. jeremiah Gems: 4/31
    Latest gem: Sunstone

After playing BG2 to tears, I have decided to go back to IWD. Decided to try Chosen of Mystra mods Project Auril and Winter's Bane. Then tried Tioma's Ease of Use Weidu mod (very good and worth it to use).

Hmm, interesting. Some nice items but there are a few bugs. No further development seems forthcoming so I guess we will have to live with the bugs.

Anybody else had problems with Melf's Minute Meteors? They only damage my characters??? I posted at their forum but there has been no response.

The Full Plate Mail of Faith + 1 is described to confer immunity to normal weapons but does not then again at least you can still wear items of protection with it if you can live with the alignment restrictions (sorry evil characters) and is at least AC 0.

Stoneskin was given to druids and clerics. In BG2, druids had ironskin while 3rd edition IWD2 gave ironskins to clerics. Seems to be a compromise.

They also changed the treasures a bit. I miss the long sword of confusion +2 and the battle axe +2 defender in that dead body near the beetles in Dragon's Eye. But what the hey, the lesser static star was pretty nifty though the long sword +3 was not to my taste.

You are also able to get a pair of +3 weapons (not sure if random) as early as Vale of Shadows but only after a tough fight.

The best item I found so far was the Codex of Magical Thought. Only usable by mages (single/multi/dual) and I kept checking the character record for any stat changes and innate abilities. Turned out I should have checked the spell book as it fills the wizard's spellbook with some useful spells up to level 8 (doesn't put in ALL the spells just some useful ones).

Any other feedback people would like to share. I will post more as I go along. The burning undead archers were a pain but woohoo got about 15 arrows of detonation now.

ADDED:
    I have had some response regarding bug reports at the Chosen of Mystra forum so it has been encouraging.

Playing on Insane difficulty really lets your characters develop faster. Just made 1 million xp per character after clearing out the frost salamanders. The ice giants next. Having two priests that cast protection from fire and having two arcane magic wielders casting fireballs plus the necklace of missiles make short work of the salamanders and their allies.
    Encountered yuanti purebloods in Dragon's eye. A bit of surprise that.
    There is a new quest involving a dwarf crown given to you by some dwarves at Wyrm's Tooth area. You can pickpocket an amazing +4 two handed axe from each dwarf (but really one is enough) that has a speed factor of 2 and has a high chance of stunning (25 percent or higher). Must be non-evil to use though. Sigh wish I had a proficient axe wielder (not sure if there is strength requirement as there is none in description, my bard is barred from using it).

Aerial servant is an amazing summons given to clerics. Enemies that have only normal weapons can't touch them. Susceptible to elemental attacks and piercing attacks it seems (frost salamanders can make mincemeat of it if swarmped) but the trolls and Ettins couldn't touch it. Then again its weapon doesn't seem to count as magical either since it couldn't hurt the bronze sentries earlier LOL.

Just realized that giving the stoneskin spell to the cleric and druid spell repertoire means that paladins and rangers now have an edge surviving when in HoF mode especially when they reach high levels. Conceivably they can cast up to 5 stoneskins before needing to rest when they max out

ADDED 01/29/04
    Got an interesting encounter in the Gloomfrost with a friend/relative of Yxy and 3 black deathknights. There is an insane dwarf merchant near where you get some flaming oils that sells astoundingly good stuff.

[ January 29, 2004, 16:56: Message edited by: jeremiah ]

Sorcerer's Place is a project run entirely by fans and for fans. Maintaining Sorcerer's Place and a stable environment for all our hosted sites requires a substantial amount of our time and funds on a regular basis, so please consider supporting us to keep the site up & running smoothly. Thank you!

Sorcerers.net is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to products on amazon.com, amazon.ca and amazon.co.uk. Amazon and the Amazon logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.