1. SPS Accounts:
    Do you find yourself coming back time after time? Do you appreciate the ongoing hard work to keep this community focused and successful in its mission? Please consider supporting us by upgrading to an SPS Account. Besides the warm and fuzzy feeling that comes from supporting a good cause, you'll also get a significant number of ever-expanding perks and benefits on the site and the forums. Click here to find out more.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
You are currently viewing Boards o' Magick as a guest, but you can register an account here. Registration is fast, easy and free. Once registered you will have access to search the forums, create and respond to threads, PM other members, upload screenshots and access many other features unavailable to guests.

BoM cultivates a friendly and welcoming atmosphere. We have been aiming for quality over quantity with our forums from their inception, and believe that this distinction is truly tangible and valued by our members. We'd love to have you join us today!

(If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. If you've forgotten your username or password, click here.)

Anybody here root against the Yankees...

Discussion in 'Colosseum' started by Klorox, Oct 11, 2005.

1. Death Rabbit

Death Rabbit Straight, no chaser Adored Veteran Torment: Tides of Numenera SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!)

Media:
    I'm pretty sure a few people around here are "batt'n" for the Yankees, but...

Yeah, that's right Aldeth...I'm talkin' ta you, sweetboy.

2. olimikrig

olimikrig Cavalier of War Distinguished Member ★ SPS Account Holder Resourceful Veteran Pillars of Eternity SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!) Torment: Tides of Numenera SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!) BoM XenForo Migration Contributor [2015] (for helping support the migration to new forum software!)

Media:
    @ Pac Man

*Erhm* this may be somewhat :yot: , yet I would like to point out that Real Madrid is so deep in depth due to their too high paychecks, and too expensive purchases. The only reason why they survive is because they are Real Madrid, the "royal" club, and a national symbol to many in and outside of Spain; thus getting special privileges.

Anyways, I agree that solely because one team can pay the biggest salary, is no reason to hate them. However hating *is* part of sports, and all the major clubs/teams whatever, in any sport has its rivaling club.

Newcastle got Leeds, Real Madrid got Barcelona, the Yanks got, well, all the other teams :hahaerr: , my own favorite soccer club has a team called Brøndby, and I hate them like the plague, but of a good sportsman's heart :heh:

3. Pac man Gems: 25/31
    Latest gem: Moonbar

My work here is done, you've just proven your maturity. :p

Let me guess what your reason for hating the Yankees is....you feel the Mets deserved to win the last Metroseries, because they were really the better team ? :shake:

4. Aldeth the Foppish Idiot

Aldeth the Foppish Idiot Armed with My Mallet O' Thinking Veteran

Media:
    :confused: :eek: :confused: :eek: Good God! Death Rabbit is also right! I'm not "batt'n" for the Yanks, but I am actually a Yankees fan. I don't ever recall ever mentioning this, so what gives?

5. kuemper Gems: 31/31
    Latest gem: Rogue Stone

6. Klorox

Klorox Baruk Khazad! Khazad ai-mênu! Veteran

What?

Nope, guess again.

7. Late-Night Thinker Gems: 17/31
    Latest gem: Star Diopside

Always.

8. DarkStrider

DarkStrider I've seen the future and it has seen me Distinguished Member

I'm a Mets fan how could I do anything else

9. Late-Night Thinker Gems: 17/31
    Latest gem: Star Diopside

The Yankees blow because they take advantage of business agreements made almost a hundred years ago.

For example, when my girlfriend bought me a Philadelphia Eagles jersey, every team in the NFL got a cut. Why? Because it is the entirety of the league which allows the Philadelphia Eagles to be such a great competitive organization, driving me so bonkers that I need to buy an expensive jersey, just because it has Brian Westbrook #36 printed on it.

When you buy a Yankees cap, the only team that makes money is the New York Yankees...hence, they can afford to buy all of the best players in the league while they beat upon the relatively cash-strapped "farm" teams.

Long story short: "Yankees suck."

10. Sydax Gems: 19/31
    Latest gem: Aquamarine

It was Figo, by the time when Florentino Perez (the one that started the 'galactic team' thing) wanted to be elected as president of Real Madrid.

I loved to watch baseball games before I came to Spain, so here because time restrictions and the fact that no channel air a 4 hour game...
    I was a Seatle fan, when Randy pitched there, when he moved to DBacks I moved too; so, I always was a 'player' fan instead teams. I remember that Red Sox - Yankees game, when Pedro Martinez pitched and then started a fight and made that old man fall down, and I tried to understand the rivalry: why not? there is one in every country: Boca Jr - River Plate (football in Argentina), Real Madrid - Barcelona, Barcelona - Espanyol (football in Spain) etc.; and no matter what reason, those rivalries sometimes causes very violent fights, and always, the two sides, think they are right.

I don't have anything against Yankees, I just see that sometimes players from that team are too conceited so that causes me not to like the team, same happens with Real Madrid, players playing for themselves instead of the team...

By the way, Real Madrid didn't win anything in almost 3 years, their fans can't stand 3 or 4 loses in a row, they want the coach out, but other teams have bery big fans, supporting the team no matter if they don't win anything in years. Take Racing Club, football team from Argentina, the team didn't win a nacional title for 63 years, but every year fans hoped 'this year we win', 3 years back they won and they were as happy as every year.

I guess same happens with Yankees and Red Sox fans, I see more support from RS fans than from Yankees, in the end, every fan has his reward.

Sorcerer's Place is a project run entirely by fans and for fans. Maintaining Sorcerer's Place and a stable environment for all our hosted sites requires a substantial amount of our time and funds on a regular basis, so please consider supporting us to keep the site up & running smoothly. Thank you!

Sorcerers.net is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to products on amazon.com, amazon.ca and amazon.co.uk. Amazon and the Amazon logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.