1. SPS Accounts:
    Do you find yourself coming back time after time? Do you appreciate the ongoing hard work to keep this community focused and successful in its mission? Please consider supporting us by upgrading to an SPS Account. Besides the warm and fuzzy feeling that comes from supporting a good cause, you'll also get a significant number of ever-expanding perks and benefits on the site and the forums. Click here to find out more.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
You are currently viewing Boards o' Magick as a guest, but you can register an account here. Registration is fast, easy and free. Once registered you will have access to search the forums, create and respond to threads, PM other members, upload screenshots and access many other features unavailable to guests.

BoM cultivates a friendly and welcoming atmosphere. We have been aiming for quality over quantity with our forums from their inception, and believe that this distinction is truly tangible and valued by our members. We'd love to have you join us today!

(If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. If you've forgotten your username or password, click here.)

Anybody here root against the Yankees...

Discussion in 'Colosseum' started by Klorox, Oct 11, 2005.

1. Klorox

Klorox Baruk Khazad! Khazad ai-mênu! Veteran

... just because they're the Yankees?

I know I do. I hate that team, and living in NY as a Mets fan, hate the way their fans act.

2. Felinoid

Felinoid Who did the what now? ★ SPS Account Holder

I root against the Yankees because they're not the Brewers, the Cubs, or the Braves. :p

3. NonSequitur Gems: 19/31
    Latest gem: Aquamarine

:hahaerr: :hahaerr: :hahaerr:

Sorry, but that statement is too funny for an Australian. Over here, "rooting" refers to an entirely different and more enjoyable activity...

I understand the sentiments, though. In the AFL, Collingwood cops it for being Collingwood; both Adelaide clubs tend to wear a lot of hate for being from Adelaide. Personally, I've always hated Essendon for exactly the same reasons as you hate the Yankees, Klorox.

4. Saber

Saber A revolution without dancing is not worth having! Veteran

YANKEES SUCK! I'm a diehard Red Sox fan, and although we didn't make it past the ALDS, NEITHER DID THE YANKS! They just lost to the LA Angels!

YEAH BABY!

5. Klorox

YES!

The only thing (sports related) better than a Yanks loss is a Mets win for me.

Maybe my Metsies will be lucky enough to go this far next year.

I can't wait to hear the excuses and whining at work tomorrow!

6. Pac man Gems: 25/31
    Latest gem: Moonbar

I'm a lifelong Yankees fan, and yeah, they just lost to the Angels, but so what ? They're still the biggest, best, and most shining star in the world of baseball. There isn't a player in the world who wouldn't want to be on the Yanks' roster, and not just because they pay the highest salaries.

I never understood why people would hold it against the Yanks that they pay better than any other team, someone has to to it, doesn't it work like that in every sport ? I remember how frustrated the Chelsea fans were towards the likes of ManU and Arsenal, how they were destroying the league by buying all the best players and eliminating the opposition with their money, and look at them now....i don't see anyone complaining anymore.

That's what i'm talking about. Would the Redsucks fans still be whining like little biatches if it was their team that had the highest payrole ? I don't think so, so put a sock in it and get a life. Or better, start donating money to your favorite club, so that they too can pay the salaries required to attract allstar caliber type of players. You may not reach the worldseries every year, and even when you do, it's no garantee that you win it all, but it's still good enough to make all the other teams look like a bunch of silly amateurs.

26 championships and the title of being the most succesfull club in the history of teamsports say i have a point here. :grin:

7. Laiwethel Gems: 23/31
    Latest gem: Black Opal

I'm a Red Sox fan here, and personally find the Yankees to be extremely irritating. Whenever there's a baseball game on that the Yankees are playing, I always root for the other team.

But that's just my opinion.

8. Register Gems: 29/31
    Latest gem: Glittering Beljuril

I hate Real Madrid for the same reason a lot of people hate the Yankees, so yes, I can say that when I view a game of Baseball, I always root against the Yankees.

9. Pac man Gems: 25/31

See ? There you have it...for some reason everyone hates the most succesful kid on the block. There's a perfectly normal explanation for that, and it's called jeaulousy.

I don't like Real madrid either, but i do admire their accomplishments and their status that came with it. I hope that one day my favourite team has the same status as they have, wouldn't anyone else want the same for their team ?

10. Darkwolf Gems: 18/31
    Latest gem: Horn Coral

Veteran

I only root for one team over the Yankees with one team, whatever team happens to be playing them.

And no, it isn't jealousy, it is appreciation for a team that is made of players who aren't the highest paid players in the league competing against players that are overpaid (well, they are all overpaid, but some less so than others). When you are paying twice to 4 times what your competition pays for its players you should be winning. I guess I like the underdog.

11. Register Gems: 29/31

Oh man, you are wrong. Excuse me if I don't root for the team that have all the overpayed players in the World.

And what have they accomplished? One Champion's League title, sure, but Liverpool did the same, with a much smaller paycheck.

I don't. What is the word of mouth nowadays? That they are a group of overpriced divas who have stopped playing good now that their future is secure. They only need to get Totti, and they have catched them all.

12. Rallymama Gems: 31/31
    Latest gem: Rogue Stone

Media:
    I don't give much a damn about the Yankes, but I do feel that overwhelming, non-specific animosity towards a few teams:

The Dallas Cowboys
    The Atlanta Braves
    Notre Dame

13. Pac man Gems: 25/31

Erm Rutkowski...there was a European leaguewinnerscup Before they invented the CL you know, or weren't you born back then ? The CL in it's current form is only around for a few years now, before that it's name was EC1, and if i'm not mistaken Real Madrid won that title 7 or 8 times, which makes them recordholders in Europe.

And they haven't always been like this, the generation with Hugo Sanchez and Emilio Butragueno was much more succesfull than this one, and they were mostly players from Real's own youthplan. In a way you could compare Real with the Yankees, everyone wants to play for them, and all fans of other teams hate them because they are succesful and have more money than the rest. I think you'll understand that Real fans won't cry you a river, and neither will the good people in the Bronx.

14. T2Bruno

T2Bruno The only source of knowledge is experience Distinguished Member ★ SPS Account Holder Adored Veteran New Server Contributor [2012] (for helping Sorcerer's Place lease a new, more powerful server!) Torment: Tides of Numenera SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!)

Media:
    I root against the Yankees, the Cubs, and the Dodgers.

I never voted for Dallas as 'Americas Team' so root against them regularly. I will also root against any team with Eli Manning (what a pissant). Living in Chicago has given me a great distain for Da Bears.

Having attended Utah and UT-Austin I regularly root against BYU and the Aggies.

15. Register Gems: 29/31

I am talking about the current RM. Ever since they got Figo(or was it Raul? The one they bought from Barcelona for a record price anyway), they have only been about money.

16. Nakia

Nakia The night is mine Distinguished Member ★ SPS Account Holder Adored Veteran Pillars of Eternity SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!) Torment: Tides of Numenera SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!) BoM XenForo Migration Contributor [2015] (for helping support the migration to new forum software!)

Media:
    I would but I have a good friend who is a serious Yankee fan and would no longer be a good friend if I verbalized my thoughts/opinions.

17. Saber

Saber A revolution without dancing is not worth having! Veteran

This was supposed to be a Yankee bashing thread, not a European sport thread, but what the heck: Barcelona rocks, Madrid sucks (but not nearly as much as the Yankees)

Reasons: 2004 MVP, second place was Gary Sheffield. In the ten offensive categories, he place 2nd in one, and 5th in another. Now, Both Manny Ramirez and David Ortiz had much better years, helped out our team more, and finished behind him by many many votes.

Also: Jason Giambi takes steroids. Always has. In ALCS game 7, he hit two homeruns, which, if he hadn't been on roids would have been fly balls. He won the game on roids.

Red Sox are the underdogs: yes, they have the second highest paycheck, but no, we do not offer multiple people 20+ million a year. We don't have bithches on our team. We don't have cheaters (a-rod slapping Bronson Arroyo, then calling it a nice, legal play). We play fairly, and although we don't play the way I like (small-ball), we still win on teamwork, not on individual skill. We also have the greatest fans in the world. Sold out every night, always cheering (unless it s a Yankee or Kevin Millar at the plate). Yankees have mean fans that are willing to fight Red Sox fans. Disgusting.

Abridged version: Yankees suck. Baseball is biased towards Yankees ('specially the announcers of nationally televised games). And most importantly, Yankees suck.

18. Blog Gems: 23/31
    Latest gem: Black Opal

Yeah, I never cheer for the Yankees either, just because they are the Yankees.

It reminds me of how the New York Rangers used to buy big name players to play for them, and yet year after year they can't make the playoffs.

19. Benan Gems: 20/31
    Latest gem: Garnet

I'll cheer for anyone against the Yankees.

20. Klorox

I think Pac Man proved why we all hate the Skanks and their arrogant fans.

Sorcerer's Place is a project run entirely by fans and for fans. Maintaining Sorcerer's Place and a stable environment for all our hosted sites requires a substantial amount of our time and funds on a regular basis, so please consider supporting us to keep the site up & running smoothly. Thank you!

Sorcerers.net is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to products on amazon.com, amazon.ca and amazon.co.uk. Amazon and the Amazon logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.