1. SPS Accounts:
    Do you find yourself coming back time after time? Do you appreciate the ongoing hard work to keep this community focused and successful in its mission? Please consider supporting us by upgrading to an SPS Account. Besides the warm and fuzzy feeling that comes from supporting a good cause, you'll also get a significant number of ever-expanding perks and benefits on the site and the forums. Click here to find out more.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
You are currently viewing Boards o' Magick as a guest, but you can register an account here. Registration is fast, easy and free. Once registered you will have access to search the forums, create and respond to threads, PM other members, upload screenshots and access many other features unavailable to guests.

BoM cultivates a friendly and welcoming atmosphere. We have been aiming for quality over quantity with our forums from their inception, and believe that this distinction is truly tangible and valued by our members. We'd love to have you join us today!

(If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. If you've forgotten your username or password, click here.)

Any new ALFAns?

Discussion in 'Neverwinter Nights (Classic)' started by Erran, Jun 24, 2001.

1. Erran Gems: 19/31
    Latest gem: Aquamarine

[​IMG] I see from the ALFA boards that a handful of new people have been accepted. I guess Jon must be handling the player applications now Don has 'retired'. Did anyone from SP make it through this time?

2. Penlal Gems: 1/31
    Latest gem: Turquoise

Yes Erran, my male half-elf druid by name of Kameden was accepted.

3. Erran Gems: 19/31

[​IMG] Woo hoo, another tree hugger! Welcome aboard the good ship ALFA and may the gods be merciful to you.

4. Crawl Gems: 23/31
    Latest gem: Black Opal

I'm thinking I won't bother reapplying for a long while if ever. I'm sorry, but I've been reading through lists of potential servers and checking out sites, and there are a lot of interesting ones out there. If ALFA didn't like my well researched and written application, or my own personal feelings on roleplay, well, perhaps I was not meant to share my character with their world. If anyone is worried about not getting into ALFA, don't be. Looks to be lots of interesting worlds out there. I'd still like to play at some point in their world, but I'm not gonna push it. They aren't the only game in town, and I won't be convinced their the best just because of all the talk around here until I actually see it. ALFAgaming, however, is a different story. I'm still itching to apply. Looks like a lot of fun. Hope to see you there soon Erran.

5. Erran Gems: 19/31

Hey Crawl, Nil Carborundum! (don't let 'em wear you down) There's a new guy in charge of aps at ALFA, called Mandos. Seems like a very reasonable chap. Might be worth another go. We want the best roleplayers in ALFA if and when this blessed game ever ships!

[This message has been edited by Erran (edited July 07, 2001).]

6. Relic Gems: 7/31
    Latest gem: Tchazar

[​IMG] I'm a ALFAn, if such can be called, just starting to get active online, and just got sucked into this group. This looks to be a pretty good community, so I'll try posting often.

7. Erran Gems: 19/31

[​IMG] Welcome, Relic; look forward to seeing your posts. Feel free to join in the roleplay corner too if you like. :D

8. Vile Gems: 8/31
    Latest gem: Skydrop

To Crawl:
    I feel the same way. I got rejected again. I know how to role-play. I've been playing PnP D&D for 6 years almost every weekend. I spent hours on my character's history and the role-playing ideals I got down. The problem is, that I'm just not a very good writer at all. (And I know it's not my spelling either.) I just suck at descripion since I'm not a very creative writer at all. Oh well

9. Volar Blackmane Gems: 16/31
    Latest gem: Shandon

Hard to know what they actually want to see... Some people despise to see normal characters with a normal story, others love them. Me? I'm still waiting for the results.

Anyway, Crawl, would you be willing to share knowledge about any other worlds you've found? Might be interesting to see what others have come up with.

10. Tomazin Gems: 2/31
    Latest gem: Fire Agate

To Crawl
    Is there any chance you could post some links to these alternative servers?

It has been well over 2 months since I applied to ALFA and I have no response good or bad. I am not very optimistic about getting in and I don't think I will apply if there are alternatives alvailable .

It would be great to get a response from ALFA good or bad

11. Erran Gems: 19/31

It might be worth re-applying Tomazin. 2 months ago was a period of some 'confusion' at ALFA. The new guy, Mandos, sends out reject letters if you dont make it.

12. Tomazin Gems: 2/31
    Latest gem: Fire Agate

You're probably right Erran I'll enter my character again once I get back from my vacation.

13. Crawl Gems: 23/31
    Latest gem: Black Opal

14. kevlar0101 Gems: 13/31
    Latest gem: Ziose

gonna check out if my conjurer made it ;) :)

edit : he didnt :mad:

[This message has been edited by kevlar0101 (edited July 23, 2001).]

15. ayecapitan Guest

From what I've seen and heard, it is not the character that makes it, but your defenition of roleplayers' skills and basic theoretical knowledge of the world. Character part is put there (IMO) to check if you have some understanding of the Realms, or your knowledge is limited with Shadows of Amn.
    The actual character does not matter too much, for you are free to change absolutely everything in your profile if you are accepted.

16. Volar Blackmane Gems: 16/31
    Latest gem: Shandon

Thanks Crawl, I'll go look around in those links in case I don't get in. (Or if there's some particularly good ones I'd go check anyway)

17. Shadow Assassin Gems: 13/31
    Latest gem: Ziose

you think i should reapply for alfa? I'm getting kinda sick of some of the crap ,I've applied 2X and have heard nothing, but these people applying now are getting rejected. I think they are way to picky, You could know everything about FR and roleplaying, nut still suck at it tabletop and CRPGing. it would be more effective to ask us our playing style not our views

18. ayecapitan Guest

[​IMG] The best thing about them is that they are waytoo picky - you will not meet many people who get kinda sick of some of the crap in there.

19. Magnus Magicus Gems: 5/31
    Latest gem: Andar

I got accepted some days ago.

And as far as I know ayecaptain is right that it's the definition that counts. The rest is checking if you know what you're talking about.

Magnus '1259' Magicus

20. ayecapitan Guest

[​IMG] My app got accepted too, and I tried to keep the char as ordinary as possible (but with a liable story), putting more effort on roleplayer's skills.

Sorcerer's Place is a project run entirely by fans and for fans. Maintaining Sorcerer's Place and a stable environment for all our hosted sites requires a substantial amount of our time and funds on a regular basis, so please consider supporting us to keep the site up & running smoothly. Thank you!

Sorcerers.net is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to products on amazon.com, amazon.ca and amazon.co.uk. Amazon and the Amazon logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.